R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

Firebird Tomorrow Night! 10-29-2010

Old 10-28-2010, 06:13 PM   #1
Sleeper 4x4
Super Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Super Werty's Tacoma Gallery
Firebird Tomorrow Night! 10-29-2010

I know a few of you have been wanting to see my truck go done the track. Well the weather is finally starting to get somewhat cool and tomorrow night will be the season starter for me

Not ideal weather but the low should be about 70*

I'll be there around 7-730 pm- 1130ish

Firebird Raceway in Phoenix

See ya there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkh793PwnMk
Old 10-28-2010, 08:05 PM   #2
Taco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Taco Gunner's Tacoma Gallery
Looked at some of your other videos...

Using public roads as your personal race course...not cool at all and dangerous. I drive AZ roads with my kid.

Keep that shit on the track.
Old 10-28-2010, 08:15 PM   #3
OH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
I will be there tomorrow morning on the west road course in my " Street " truck, a Ford Lightning .
With the weather finally cooling off a bit you should get some good times if they prep the track a bit for you.
Best of luck out there
Old 10-28-2010, 08:15 PM   #4
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Gunner View Post
Looked at some of your other videos...

Using public roads as your personal race course...not cool at all and dangerous. I drive AZ roads with my kid.

Keep that shit on the track.
Dude calm down...no need to attack him! I understand your concern but damn
Old 10-28-2010, 08:20 PM   #5
Taco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
I have seen people racing on the road like they own it with total disregard for others. I have lost friends and one family member because of someone elses recklessness and bravado.

I love to drive fast and push the limits of a capable vehicle, but I won't risk others lives in the process and will do it in the proper venue.

Cool truck..but its capabilities need to be demonstrated on the track.
Old 10-28-2010, 08:22 PM   #6
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Gunner View Post
I have seen people racing on the road like they own it with total disregard for others. I have lost friends and one family member because of someone elses recklessness and bravado.

I love to drive fast and push the limits of a capable vehicle, but I won't risk others lives in the process and will do it in the proper venue.

Cool truck..but its capabilities need to be demonstrated on the track.
I looked at some of the videos bud and he was the only one around on a back road it seems...I don't think its fair for you to assume that he's such an irresponsible driver

I'm sorry you've lost friend to idiots but...not everyone is a asshole
Old 10-28-2010, 08:24 PM   #7

I do agree with the truck demonstrating its full capabilities on the track though for sure
Old 10-28-2010, 08:47 PM   #8
Air Force:
My Aunt was an EMT in rural Indiana years ago. She got a call to respond to an accident just a few miles from her house. There were two fatalities. One was the driver of a truck traveling down a rural road at well above the speed limit..racing a friend in a Camaro. They came over a small knoll just as a 16 year old girl pulled out. The two met at that intersection and died there. The boy was 17. When my aunt responded, she recognized the car as a friends. She approached the girl and immediately knew who it was. She held her until she died. She was also the one to tell her friend that her daughter had just been killed. She never did another run as an EMT.

Fast forward 10 years, same aunt gets a call from the KY State Police telling her her middle son (Danny) was in a very serious accident and they needed to get to the hospital immediately. It was a 3 hour drive. When my aunt and uncle arrived, the doc said they needed to make a choice. Danny was ejected from a truck driven by a kid who was screwing off and driving too fast. He was brain dead...and was 19. My aunt and uncle waited for Danny's three brothers to arrive to say goodbye. They spent a little time with Danny before they removed him from life support. It was two days before Christmas.

His funeral was packed and many laid baseball gear in his coffin. He was on a full ride scholarship at a large university and had a very promising career as a baseball player.

A life cut way too short because of someone else recklessness. A family robbed of a son..and a brother. I lost a cousin and a good friend. Danny was a good kid.

No one goes out thinking they are going to kill someone...but it happens way too much.

I do not think Super is an asshole...not at all. But using public roads as a track is simply irresponsible.
Old 10-28-2010, 09:05 PM   #9
Sleeper 4x4
Super Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

oh geeze. hey if you have beef with speeding you are after the wrong guy. I drive like a grandma on public roads

The only video I have of speeding on a public road isnt my truck or me driving. It was out in the middle of nowhere with no one around in the wee hours of the morning.

There is a smart way to have fun and a stupid way.

My personal truck is all about legal NHRA drag racing. Dont jump to conclusions
Old 10-28-2010, 09:13 PM   #10
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Werty View Post
oh geeze. hey if you have beef with speeding you are after the wrong guy. I drive like a grandma on public roads

The only video I have of speeding on a public road isnt my truck or me driving. It was out in the middle of nowhere with no one around in the wee hours of the morning.

There is a smart way to have fun and a stupid way.

My personal truck is all about legal NHRA drag racing. Dont jump to conclusions

Plus even on that video it had the 1/4 mile times, so i assume that was on a track as well
Old 10-28-2010, 09:16 PM   #11
Sleeper 4x4

Any accel vids of just my speedo(like the one at the top) are all at Firebird Raceway. I will show you guys how my gopro is mounted to the gauges tomorrow night if you are interested

Anyways the whole speeding is bad has been beat to death a million times over now. lets get back on topic, who can go tomorrow?
Old 10-28-2010, 09:17 PM   #12
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
I'd love to see your truck in action, but I doubt I'll be able to head over after work, maybe another week though.

Also, I agree it sucks to lose people you know to stupid things, however I see more day to day people that don't race that drive even more retarded (cell phones while doing 80mph on 347 for example, can't even stay in their lane), tail gating with inches at 80, inability to merge, park, or drive period. While yes racing is dangerous, your average speeder is typically more hyper-aware and a better overall driver than a lot of distracted people. I'm not condoning it, I just don't like it when people focus in on the 'omg you're speeding on public roads' as the worst offense ever when it's as level as the average horrible driver. Also that's just general discussion, not directed at Werty.
Old 10-28-2010, 11:18 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyouto42 View Post
I'd love to see your truck in action, but I doubt I'll be able to head over after work, maybe another week though.

Also, I agree it sucks to lose people you know to stupid things, however I see more day to day people that don't race that drive even more retarded (cell phones while doing 80mph on 347 for example, can't even stay in their lane), tail gating with inches at 80, inability to merge, park, or drive period. While yes racing is dangerous, your average speeder is typically more hyper-aware and a better overall driver than a lot of distracted people. I'm not condoning it, I just don't like it when people focus in on the 'omg you're speeding on public roads' as the worst offense ever when it's as level as the average horrible driver. Also that's just general discussion, not directed at Werty.
agreed
Old 10-29-2010, 12:41 PM   #14
Emanon is on a distinguished road
Emanon's Tacoma Gallery
Werty's truck is such a sleeper you'd never think it'd do 60 in 4secs. WTB a URD MKII E & traction bar so I can keep up.
Old 10-30-2010, 10:55 AM   #15
OH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
So what did it run?
I need details MPH, 1/4 time, 60' ect.!!!!!