R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

Looking for test ride in taco with trd supercharger

Old 11-11-2010, 06:44 AM   #1
Beezlebub is on a distinguished road
Beezlebub's Tacoma Gallery
Looking for test ride in taco with trd supercharger

I am thinking about getting a 2011 DC V6 4x4 Offroad and want to add the TRD supercharger but I am wondering if it will be quick enough for me.

If anyone here in the east valley has the trd supercharger with no extra crazy mods, I would love to get a test ride. In return I can give you a ride in my 04 Cayenne Turbo or 10 911 Turbo. Let me know if anyone wants to meet up.
Old 11-11-2010, 06:48 AM   #2
Razorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Razorecko's Tacoma Gallery
If you get the trd supercharger you got to get the older style trd cai intake. The oem intake on the trd supercharger holds it back. But the increase in power with the trd supercharger is very substantial. The power increase is def 100+ hp. With the supercharger i would suspect the tacoma to be lower 13's in the 1/4. Like to i'm also familiar to having sports cars, currently have a 2009 cts-v w/ 619 rwhp so you'll like the blown taco for sure.
Old 11-11-2010, 06:55 AM   #3
Thanks for the info! I just want the Taco to have similar passing acceleration (40-70) to my Cayenne Turbo. If the Taco can do a low 13 second pass, that will probably even be faster.
Old 11-11-2010, 07:17 AM   #4
Emanon is on a distinguished road
Emanon's Tacoma Gallery
hrm 100+ HP seems rather optimistic for just a TRD SC & intake I'd think more around 70-80HP.

Werty has an 07 DC 4x4 with a 7th injector, 2.7 pulley, X-1, full exhaust, and some work on the trans for better shifting and he is pushing low 13s with 0-60 in 4 sec. Tho I may have forgotten a mod or two. Since the X-1 will not work on 2009 or newer Tacos that would be a huge hit in potential power gains.

I will say Beezlebub the difference with a TRD SC is very noticeable. IMHO the 4.0 is a wussy, anemic V6 but with the SC it's a whole new game. I drove an XRunner with a SC and intake and I loved how the 4.0 responded. It felt as if I went from driving an asthmatic, decrepit truck to an honest to goodness sport truck.

Good luck in finding a local owner to take ya for spin!

P.S. Not to start a SC war but the URD MKII-E is also a very viable SC option.
Old 11-11-2010, 07:32 AM   #5
BloodEagle has a spectacular aura aboutBloodEagle has a spectacular aura aboutBloodEagle has a spectacular aura about

BloodEagle's Tacoma Gallery
Were you told that it's currently available for the 2011? I ask because I am on hold for a TRD SC for my 2011 and am being informed (after repeated inquiries) that TRD is still working on the flash. Being in CA may be compounding issue since we have CARB to contend with.
Old 11-11-2010, 07:34 AM   #6
Razorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Razorecko's Tacoma Gallery
Its def 100hp +... If you did a before and after dyno w/ the supercharger AND a trd cai intake it would at about that level. You got to remember that the blower is pushing through nearly 9psi of boost. Hell my cts-v is pushing 9psi and thats on motor made for boost. My truck w/ the blower hauls butt and i'm running a 3" lift and heavy 32" e load tires. You wont hear anyone complain about the power of the trd supercharger. Just make sure you get an '09 as the '10's haven't been configured yet to work with the trd supercharger
Old 11-11-2010, 09:49 AM   #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodEagle View Post
Were you told that it's currently available for the 2011? I ask because I am on hold for a TRD SC for my 2011 and am being informed (after repeated inquiries) that TRD is still working on the flash. Being in CA may be compounding issue since we have CARB to contend with.
The salesman asked the service department and they said no supercharger yet for 2011 however he said the head guy there builds a lot of his own cars so he might be able to do something.

I found this info on supra board that they can put a 2010 supercharger and it should work. Please tell me if I have broken a rule by linking to this
http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=610589
Old 11-11-2010, 08:26 PM   #8
Sleeper 4x4
Super Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Super Werty's Tacoma Gallery
Its not 100+ hp. More like 80-90 with a intake and blower

It also makes 5-6 psi stock.

It's a fun upgrade, but on that heavy model of a taco, it will need more mods to keep up with a cayenne turbo.
Old 11-11-2010, 08:32 PM   #9
drewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Drew
drewskie's Tacoma Gallery
911 Turbo.......
Old 11-12-2010, 01:34 PM   #10
captcrackerhead is on a distinguished road
Name: John
captcrackerhead's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorecko View Post
If you get the trd supercharger you got to get the older style trd cai intake. The oem intake on the trd supercharger holds it back. But the increase in power with the trd supercharger is very substantial. The power increase is def 100+ hp. With the supercharger i would suspect the tacoma to be lower 13's in the 1/4. Like to i'm also familiar to having sports cars, currently have a 2009 cts-v w/ 619 rwhp so you'll like the blown taco for sure.
Im looking into this same upgrade for a 2011 DC 4.0 V6

here is a cut from an email from toyota dealer Im talking to:

" You cannot use the TRD CAI with the TRD Super Charger kit.

Due to changes to the OE software, supercharger calibration updates for Tacoma's produced after this date[05/2010] will be available early 11/2010 . As of Today the Calibration up -date for the ECU is not available yet for model year 2011.

Thank you for choosing us as your preferred Toyota Dealer."

a previous email said this:

" Specific vehicle fit kits required to complete installation. (FJ Cruiser 2007 - 2009 PTR29-35093) (Tacoma 2005 - 2010 PTR29-35100). This TRD Supercharger is to be s old only as a dealer installed or over-the-counter option after retail sale of the vehicle. The supercharger may not be sold to the customer at the same time as the new vehicle and may not be financed together with the new vehicle. This supercharger is not compatible with any TRD Performance Air Intake."

so whats the deal? does the trd cai work with the trd SC?

Old 11-12-2010, 07:18 PM   #11
Emanon is on a distinguished road
Emanon's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by captcrackerhead View Post
Im looking into this same upgrade for a 2011 DC 4.0 V6

here is a cut from an email from toyota dealer Im talking to:

" You cannot use the TRD CAI with the TRD Super Charger kit.

Due to changes to the OE software, supercharger calibration updates for Tacoma's produced after this date[05/2010] will be available early 11/2010 . As of Today the Calibration up -date for the ECU is not available yet for model year 2011.

Thank you for choosing us as your preferred Toyota Dealer."

a previous email said this:

" Specific vehicle fit kits required to complete installation. (FJ Cruiser 2007 - 2009 PTR29-35093) (Tacoma 2005 - 2010 PTR29-35100). This TRD Supercharger is to be s old only as a dealer installed or over-the-counter option after retail sale of the vehicle. The supercharger may not be sold to the customer at the same time as the new vehicle and may not be financed together with the new vehicle. This supercharger is not compatible with any TRD Performance Air Intake."

so whats the deal? does the trd cai work with the trd SC?
Don't know the answer to the fitment question but I can say AFE was the manufacturer of the first gen TRD intake. If you find out the first gen TRD intake does fit an option is to buy an AFe Stage II intake from Underdog Racing.
Old 11-12-2010, 07:20 PM   #12
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
OP if you are cruising around on Porsches then a supercharged Taco will not be fast enough for you.
Old 11-13-2010, 08:05 AM   #13
Sleeper 4x4
Super Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Super Werty's Tacoma Gallery
The TRD CAI fits just fine and works great with the Supercharger. They say it isnt compatible because the intake does not pass smog.

Now the new trd intake supposedly does pass smog, so that may be them still saying that so they dont get people coming in with older trd intakes and having to deal with that whole issue.

bottom line the trd intake works with the blower and adds a significant amount of power to it
Old 11-13-2010, 05:46 PM   #14
captcrackerhead is on a distinguished road
Name: John
captcrackerhead's Tacoma Gallery
cool.....

Ill just see if my local-yocal dealership will do the install.

kind of a moot point rite now, cause the ECU isnt ready yet..