R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

Good Places to Off Road in SE AZ

Old 12-03-2010, 07:43 PM   #1
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
HBMurphy's Tacoma Gallery
Good Places to Off Road in SE AZ

I'm thinking 'bout going wheeling in SE AZ -

Any good ideas? Going to do about a 4-5 day trip.
Old 12-05-2010, 09:06 PM   #2
ADV Rider
rawtaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Damien
rawtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry, can't recommend anything in Sierra Vista! But I wish I could come eat in your hometown.
Old 12-06-2010, 08:25 AM   #4
ADV Rider

rawtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Oh my gosh, I read your post yesterday and thought it said you were looking for good places to EAT!!! Guess I was hungry when I read that! Ok, second post, nice job, I'll pull my head out of my ass now.

Have a good trip.
Old 12-06-2010, 08:38 AM   #5
gozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shed
gozar's Tacoma Gallery
While you're there, you can pick up a few extra bucks giving rides to illegals that have been dumped in the middle of nowhere by their coyotes.
Old 12-06-2010, 08:58 AM   #6
Chewie is my Co-pilot
YumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
YumaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawtaco View Post
Oh my gosh, I read your post yesterday and thought it said you were looking for good places to EAT!!! Guess I was hungry when I read that! Ok, second post, nice job, I'll pull my head out of my ass now.

Have a good trip.
Old 12-06-2010, 12:23 PM   #7
ADV Rider

rawtaco's Tacoma Gallery
I don't think it was dyslexia; more like retardation.
Old 01-22-2011, 06:01 PM   #8
The Little Truck That Could
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roland
Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
Im currently in sierra vista... looking for some trails myself...
Old 01-22-2011, 07:06 PM   #9
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoytoda View Post
Im currently in sierra vista... looking for some trails myself...
I did the Chivo Falls and a bunch of trails near there - outside of Tucson!
Old 01-22-2011, 09:04 PM   #10
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HBMurphy View Post
I did the Chivo Falls and a bunch of trails near there - outside of Tucson!
how was it? dish pan springs/ gold mountainish or john bull/ hammersish
Old 01-22-2011, 10:02 PM   #11
Ban Pending

Quote:
how was it? dish pan springs/ gold mountainish or john bull/ hammersish
Dish panish.
Old 01-22-2011, 10:03 PM   #12

Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Dish panish.
not too bad... hopefully i have time. I want to check out tombstone too.
Old 01-23-2011, 07:13 AM   #13
Ban Pending

Quote:
not too bad... hopefully i have time. I want to check out tombstone too.
Check out chiricahua national monument
Old 01-23-2011, 08:23 PM   #14
ADV Rider

rawtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Check out Coronado National Memorial. Drive on Hwy 92 towards Douglas/Palominas, go right at the sign for the memorial. At the top of the mountain, keep going where the road turns to dirt. That will lead you right to the border on some dirt trails. It's cool out there.
Old 01-23-2011, 08:41 PM   #15
Ban Pending

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawtaco View Post
Check out Coronado National Memorial. Drive on Hwy 92 towards Douglas/Palominas, go right at the sign for the memorial. At the top of the mountain, keep going where the road turns to dirt. That will lead you right to the border on some dirt trails. It's cool out there.
Great place but I hope you have "heat" with you!
Old 01-23-2011, 08:53 PM   #16

Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Great place but I hope you have "heat" with you!
no heat= no way am i going anywhere near the border.... Went to tombstone today. Not going to make the 110mile drive to chicuhuawhatever place although it looks really cool. I want to do some exploring but i think im going to pass because im alone and would prefer having more recovery gear... winch/ lockers/ spare axles/ more tools...
Old 01-23-2011, 09:12 PM   #17
Ban Pending

Quote:
no heat= no way am i going anywhere near the border.... Went to tombstone today. Not going to make the 110mile drive to chicuhuawhatever place although it looks really cool. I want to do some exploring but i think im going to pass because im alone and would prefer having more recovery gear... winch/ lockers/ spare axles/ more tools...
When I was in Bisbee we had a hard time sleeping since there was a BP agent shot and killed that night - helos, off road vehicles, horses, etc.!!!

Do you know Cliff? He goes to school in what I call "the other school" (my undergrad was ASU). He could point you in a good direction. He sent me some gps maps.

If you on to Reddington Road in Tucson, you will have fun and won't get into too much trouble.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:15 AM   #18
Notty has much to be proud ofNotty has much to be proud ofNotty has much to be proud ofNotty has much to be proud ofNotty has much to be proud ofNotty has much to be proud ofNotty has much to be proud ofNotty has much to be proud of

Army: 100% Disabled
Notty's Tacoma Gallery
I live in Bisbee and work in Sierra Vista on Fort Huachuca. I know a few spots in Bisbee and SV area to do some light off roading. And by light I mean you really won't need 4wd at all since they are mostly dirt trails and roads in the mountains, haha. Since I don't have 4wd I haven't ventured into the hairy places. There is an area in Bisbee where we ride our quads that you would probably enjoy and definitely need 4wd, armor, recovery gear that is a blast to play in.