R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

Sierra Expeditions hosts Bill Burke's 4-Wheeling America's first 25th Birthday Party

Old 12-06-2010, 06:08 AM   #1
FlyingWil is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlyingWil is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlyingWil is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlyingWil is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlyingWil is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlyingWil is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlyingWil is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlyingWil is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlyingWil is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlyingWil is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlyingWil is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Wil
FlyingWil's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up Sierra Expeditions hosts Bill Burke's 4-Wheeling America's first 25th Birthday Party

Sierra Expeditions is pleased to announce that we will be hosting Bill Burke's 4-Wheeling America's Birthday Party in AZ. Luckily we are the first of the Birthday Parties around the US and we would like to congratulate and celebrate their 25 years by raising the bar for all other parties. Come on out January 15, 2011 from noon to 3pm for a BBQ, birthday cake and door prizes! BB4WA T-shirts will be for sale with their brand new logo - $25/ea.

Let's do what we can to make this first 25th party the one to remember for BB4WA. Please note that there is an e-mail to RSVP so that we know how big of a cake to get, bb4waATbb4waDOTcom.

12:00 to 3:00pm

Sierra Expeditions
1435 E University Dr. Ste C-101
Tempe, AZ
Google Place Page

Facebook Event Page

Post up and RSVP via the email above if you plan on attending, and help spread the word.
Old 12-06-2010, 12:14 PM   #3
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
amaes's Tacoma Gallery
I signed up on facebook
Old 12-07-2010, 02:39 PM   #5
OH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
I don't do facebook but I will send you one of those electronic mail things to you.
A chance to meet Bill is a great day!!! and a party too!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you sir!
Old 12-08-2010, 02:24 PM   #6
OH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
I just signed up for the trail run the day after the party.
Much to learn and Bill seems like a great teacher.
Looking forward to it.
Old 12-08-2010, 02:26 PM   #7
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
If I lived in the area or if I had a job that paid me ridiculous amounts of money and gave me ridiculous amounts of time off I'd show.
Old 12-09-2010, 03:10 PM   #8
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Interested in the trail run but the website says for 8 "well set-up" vehicles. I have allpro skids but no sliders or bumbers yet? Anyone signed up for this yet? Also, you think this is a class format or just wheelin for the day?

Edit: Just saw that OH-MAN signed up.....what do you think man?

Thanks,
Mike
Old 12-09-2010, 05:27 PM   #9
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
I do not know which trail Bill will be going to do.
Rachelsaid it may be Hackberry Creek.
I will hope for the best but I do have sliders and a couple skids along with bumpers.

The only thing I am not sure about is the stock 265-70-16s
Hackberry will be a challange for me if it is the one, but then so was Box canyon ( the sissy route) north to south.
This is how we learn I hope
Old 12-09-2010, 06:45 PM   #10
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
I'm sure with the armor and a locker you should be good. Bill looks to be cool as hell. Probably won't make this one till I have some better armor. Still new to this sport and owe too much....lol! Still want to do box canyon though! Have fun and thanks for the response!

Mike
Old 12-09-2010, 08:02 PM   #11
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
After getting my truck dimpled by the hail storm at 5000 miles and some serious Arizona pin striping at the Vulture Mine run it is offically scuffed a bit!!I think it has been christened into off road land.

I hope Bill is gentle with my off road newbieness
Old 12-30-2010, 06:35 PM   #13
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Will,
I am more than willing to jump into the fray.
I only have the stock 31" tires but I have skids sliders and bumpers along with good recovery points.
I have a OR 4X4 with all the stuff so I tinnk worse case yo all may need to drag me over a couple things but I am ready willing and able to give it a go!!!!!
Can't learn if you don't try.
Looking forward to it!!!
Old 01-03-2011, 08:19 AM   #15
FlyingWil is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlyingWil is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlyingWil is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlyingWil is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlyingWil is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlyingWil is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlyingWil is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlyingWil is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlyingWil is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlyingWil is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlyingWil is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Going to be a good event so far over 60 RSVPS via e-mail!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH-MAN View Post
Hey Will,
I am more than willing to jump into the fray.
I only have the stock 31" tires but I have skids sliders and bumpers along with good recovery points.
I have a OR 4X4 with all the stuff so I tinnk worse case yo all may need to drag me over a couple things but I am ready willing and able to give it a go!!!!!
Can't learn if you don't try.
Looking forward to it!!!
Not sure if the trail ride is full... the trail ride is a Bill Burke's 4-Wheeling America gig. Make sure and RSVP via e-mail for the Trail ride.
Old 01-17-2011, 03:27 PM   #16

Thanks to everyone that came out to make this a great event for Bill Burke's 4-Wheeling America! We had about 100 people show up, and all in all I think we made this a special event for them.

Here is some pics:

BB4WA's Defender in front of SE's Shop:

FlyingBaby (my daughter) taking pics with her kid Camera:

Yes, that is a Superwinch for $400! (didn't last long)

Forest from Woody's underground prepping the coleslaw:

ASFIR 4x4's JK was on display, and some ASFIR 4x4 Hi-Lift base plates were in the raffle:

Tacoma & FJ:

The Parking lot was hopping with vehicles...

Corbin's Dakota:

A cool Quigley 4x4:

New and Old School:

LR3:

CJ and TJ:

The last time we'll see this FJ, enjoy your new 80!:

Drooling over the D90:

TJ and Bronco:

Cool Earth Roamer:

ER complete with a scooter!

Was a full Parking Lot:

Ah, one of my favorite JK's, just because the city of Tempe likes to send the owner photoradar photos of me driving it on a test drive after we did some work to it:

Gorgeous Land Rovers:

The D90 I drooled on:

4Runner, and FJ:

Tacomas:

A sleeper, I loved it!:

Good turn out, and lots of fun:

The Cake:

The raffle:

Old 01-18-2011, 06:11 AM   #17
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
Had a great time at the party!
Thanks Will for putting on the party.
Met a lot of cool people and the vehicles there were amazing.

I have a couple pictures of the trail ride, it was the biggest challange my Tacoma and I have been through.
Big thanks to everyone on the ride for helping us out on the tough sections, I did choose the bypass on one section and still got it hung on both sliders at the top, Bill drug us out and over the top.
Here are a couple pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Sierra Expeditions hosts Bill Burke's 4-Wheeling America's first 25th Birthday Party-hackberry-trail-1-16-11-002.jpg   Sierra Expeditions hosts Bill Burke's 4-Wheeling America's first 25th Birthday Party-hackberry-trail-1-16-11-028.jpg   Sierra Expeditions hosts Bill Burke's 4-Wheeling America's first 25th Birthday Party-hackberry-trail-1-16-11-004.jpg   Sierra Expeditions hosts Bill Burke's 4-Wheeling America's first 25th Birthday Party-hackberry-trail-1-16-11-025.jpg   Sierra Expeditions hosts Bill Burke's 4-Wheeling America's first 25th Birthday Party-hackberry-trail-1-16-11-026.jpg  

Old 01-19-2011, 08:22 AM   #18

Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
That looked like a fun time and some nicely built trucks.

Trail looks sweet OH-MAN! What a challenge, props for doing it! That pic is sweet of Bill 3 wheeling it!
Old 01-19-2011, 09:40 AM   #19
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks it was a blast.
I am glad Bill was there to help us out when we were in a bit deep.
The red Rover was not Bill's, his is a green one.

The couple in the red one were from B.C. Canada and were great, they had that Rover in that position many times and we were thinking that is real close to becoming EPIC!!! but they kept it on mostly the ground.