Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

BHLM Help

Old 12-12-2010, 12:08 PM   #1
liinxcore is on a distinguished road
Name: Jamil
liinxcore's Tacoma Gallery
BHLM Help

I have seen the write up down and though it seems simple I am unable to do this on my own as society no longer breeds men, only dudes lol. yes, that means that if anything goes wrong in my residents I have to call a "man" to come fix it haha. I am willing to pay for the help of course =]

the deal-

I purchased the truck and it had the tail lights and head lights blacked out. 3 days after I bought the truck a drunk driver ran into my parked beauty. Insurance covered the repairs, however I was told they could not black out the lights due to liability issues. so i currently have one blacked out tail light and one blacked out head light lol.

side question before I have any takers... is it possible for them to be blacked out and match the ones that have already been blacked out, or will i need to buy a new head light and tail light and start fresh?

thanks in advance!
Old 12-12-2010, 11:22 PM   #2
Uncharted is on a distinguished road

Uncharted's Tacoma Gallery
The BHLM isn't too hard at all. It's just a matter of getting the headlight separated and then letting the paint dry before you put it back together.

For the tail light your best bet would be going to an auto body shop and see if they can match the finish on it for you. There are a ton of them that do it you must have got one that was really paranoid about tinting them
Old 12-12-2010, 11:48 PM   #3
Living the dream !!!
mountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mountainwolfpup's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to mountainwolfpup Send a message via Yahoo to mountainwolfpup Send a message via Skype™ to mountainwolfpup
Has your insurance company never heard of the words, "Pre Loss Condition"? Seriously!

Your insurance company (or that of the person that hit your truck) is responsible for restoring your truck to pre-loss condition. They should have to pay the tab for having your lights blacked out... and they should do ALL four of them to insure they match correctly, it's going to be the only way to get a perfect match is to repaint the other two as well.

Anyway, I am sure you can find some guys on here that could use the cash and will do this for you.. but if insurance is paying the bill (or to sue them into paying the bill) you should use a shop.

Hopefully someone will reply and post a Phoenix AZ shop that does this mod for folks?
Old 12-13-2010, 12:10 AM   #4
Nightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Felipe
Nightstr's Tacoma Gallery
Where are you located?
Old 12-13-2010, 12:06 PM   #5
liinxcore is on a distinguished road
Name: Jamil
liinxcore's Tacoma Gallery
thanks guys- and ya, the insurance only gave me 80 to get it done. sucks, but what can ya do. i am not too beat up over it, would just like to have it all matched. but i am in N phoenix till the end of the month when i move to tempe.
Old 12-18-2010, 11:05 PM   #6
The StormTrooper
TightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TightShirts
TightShirts's Tacoma Gallery
there are only so many ways to paint the bezel black... i'm sure that we could help you on the mod day- Jan 29th. there are several people that want their's done. honestly even if it's slightly off (which i'm sure we could match) i doubt you'll notice under the lens.