R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

Arizona traffic stop ......

Old 12-16-2010, 04:39 PM   #1
^^^^ 3%er ^^^^
Packman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Packman73's Tacoma Gallery

A guy makes a rolling stop at a stop sign, and gets pulled over by a local policeman.

The guy hands the cop his driver's license, insurance verification, plus his concealed
carry permit.

"Okay, Mr. Smith," the cop says, "I see your CCW permit. Are you
carrying today?"

"Yes, I am."

"Well then, better tell me what you got."

Smith says, "Well, I got a .357 revolver in my inside coat pocket.
There's a 9mm semi-auto in the glove box. And, I've got a .22 magnum
derringer in my right boot."

"Okay," the cop says. "Anything else?"

"Yeah, back in the trunk, there's an AR15 and a shotgun. That's about it."

"Mr. Smith, are you on your way to or from a gun range...?"

"Nope."

"Well then, what are you afraid of....?"

"Not a damned thing..."
Old 12-16-2010, 04:41 PM   #2
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
hahaha. nice.
Old 12-17-2010, 12:04 PM   #6
Resident T100 guy
97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Melt
97T's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 97T
nice .. emailed off to everybody
Old 12-18-2010, 08:14 AM   #7
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infra View Post
hah funny...Az is not a must notify state so I do not volunteer that information to the police
Doesn't mean you shouldn't tell him. Anything to make the fuzz feel more comfortable dealing with me then I'll do it.

Windows rolled down, cab lights on, hands on the wheel, and the keys on the dash.

"Hey Officer, my registration and insurance is in the glove box, and I have a loaded pistol in the truck that I have a CCW for."

Even CHP was cool with me for speeding on a California Interstate. MY gun wasn't loaded but he was cool.

I've never gotten a ticket. Sure I don't have to tell him/her that I have a weapon. But if they know you have a CCW, then they will know you have a clean criminal record, so I'd think they'd be a little more cool with you. Maybe some LEOs will chime in but there are already threads on this.
Old 12-18-2010, 11:35 AM   #8
Resident T100 guy
97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Melt
97T's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 97T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew H View Post
Even CHP was cool with me for speeding on a California Interstate. MY gun wasn't loaded but he was cool..
you got off EXTREMELY lucky and be glad your gun was not loaded .... arizona CCW's are not honored in california.
Old 12-18-2010, 11:39 AM   #9
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerfanXD View Post

A guy makes a rolling stop at a stop sign, and gets pulled over by a local policeman.

The guy hands the cop his driver's license, insurance verification, plus his concealed
carry permit.

"Okay, Mr. Smith," the cop says, "I see your CCW permit. Are you
carrying today?"

"Yes, I am."

"Well then, better tell me what you got."

Smith says, "Well, I got a .357 revolver in my inside coat pocket.
There's a 9mm semi-auto in the glove box. And, I've got a .22 magnum
derringer in my right boot."

"Okay," the cop says. "Anything else?"

"Yeah, back in the trunk, there's an AR15 and a shotgun. That's about it."

"Mr. Smith, are you on your way to or from a gun range...?"

"Nope."

"Well then, what are you afraid of....?"

"Not a damned thing..."

hahaha.
Old 12-18-2010, 11:58 AM   #10
Eh?
Dibblit is one of the sharper tools in the shedDibblit is one of the sharper tools in the shedDibblit is one of the sharper tools in the shedDibblit is one of the sharper tools in the shedDibblit is one of the sharper tools in the shedDibblit is one of the sharper tools in the shedDibblit is one of the sharper tools in the shedDibblit is one of the sharper tools in the shedDibblit is one of the sharper tools in the shedDibblit is one of the sharper tools in the shedDibblit is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
Dibblit's Tacoma Gallery
ha ha ha
Old 12-18-2010, 11:58 AM   #11

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97T View Post
you got off EXTREMELY lucky and be glad your gun was not loaded .... arizona CCW's are not honored in california.
Yeah I know but..

1. I didn't feel EXTREMELY lucky.
2. I shouldn't "be glad" my gun was unloaded like it was some mistake that I didn't have it loaded. I knew the CA laws and unloaded it prior to entering CA.
3. I know what States AZs CCW is and isn't honored in.
4. I let him know I had a firearm in the vehicle when he first walked up.
5. I was respectful and polite to him.
6. He knew I was just driving through CA from NV on my way home.
7. His father was a retired "hose dragger" so he let me off!

I know the Officer could have made a big deal about the firearm. But I believe since I handled the situation appropriately, he was more than fair. Had I been immature and disrespectful it would have ended a lot differently.

I'm all for telling the police I have a CCW and am carrying when/if I get pulled over.
Old 12-18-2010, 12:13 PM   #12
Veteran Redleg
SteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Arizona Army National Guard C BATTERY 1/180TH Field Artillery and the Pinal County Sheriff's Office
Name: Curt
SteelRain's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

Quote:
Yeah I know but..

1. I didn't feel EXTREMELY lucky.
2. I shouldn't "be glad" my gun was unloaded like it was some mistake that I didn't have it loaded. I knew the CA laws and unloaded it prior to entering CA.
3. I know what States AZs CCW is and isn't honored in.
4. I let him know I had a firearm in the vehicle when he first walked up.
5. I was respectful and polite to him.
6. He knew I was just driving through CA from NV on my way home.
7. His father was a retired "hose dragger" so he let me off!

I know the Officer could have made a big deal about the firearm. But I believe since I handled the situation appropriately, he was more than fair. Had I been immature and disrespectful it would have ended a lot differently.

I'm all for telling the police I have a CCW and am carrying when/if I get pulled over.
Well put! I appreciate guys like you on stops.
Old 12-18-2010, 12:53 PM   #13
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

HBMurphy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infra View Post
hah funny...Az is not a must notify state so I do not volunteer that information to the police
Does that help you? I thought the new CCW law in AZ requires that. Personally, a cop is the first guy I would want to know that I have heat!
Old 12-18-2010, 12:58 PM   #14
Veteran Redleg
SteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Arizona Army National Guard C BATTERY 1/180TH Field Artillery and the Pinal County Sheriff's Office
Quote:
Originally Posted by HBMurphy View Post
Does that help you? I thought the new CCW law in AZ requires that. Personally, a cop is the first guy I would want to know that I have heat!
You are correct sir. If asked by a Law Enforcement Officer and you are carrying without a permit, you are required to tell them.
Old 12-18-2010, 01:00 PM   #15

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HBMurphy View Post
The new law enables anyone whos is legally allowed to own a firearm to conceal it. There are restrictions on where you can carry. But it's better to have the ccw.
Old 12-18-2010, 01:04 PM   #16
Veteran Redleg

Also going through the CCW class will educate you on the state laws pertaining to use of lethal force and justification. I highly recommend training should one decide to carry a firearm. You have to practice for your Driver's License, it should be the same for a firearm.
Old 12-18-2010, 06:56 PM   #17
OH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
Seems like most all LEO's nowadays ask " Pardon me do you have any grey Poupon or weapons?"

If they ask you best let them know, if they do not ask I do not volunter the info.
Old 12-18-2010, 07:01 PM   #18

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by OH-MAN View Post
Seems like most all LEO's nowadays ask " Pardon me do you have any grey Poupon or weapons?"

If they ask you best let them know, if they do not ask I do not volunter the info.
I understand what you're saying. But for me, I'd rather just tell them up front and right away. If I was a cop I'd appreciate it if someone told me up front, probably to the point where I'd let em off with a warning if possible for whatever reason I pulled them over for.
Old 12-18-2010, 07:45 PM   #19
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

HBMurphy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I understand what you're saying. But for me, I'd rather just tell them up front and right away. If I was a cop I'd appreciate it if someone told me up front, probably to the point where I'd let em off with a warning if possible for whatever reason I pulled them over for.
I was always taught to keep both hands on the steering wheel and be very cooperative - my grandfather was a somewhat nervous G-Man.
Old 12-18-2010, 07:48 PM   #20

Firefighter:
yup. itd be stupid to give a cop grief just because you can.