R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

Tacoma Break-in (Chandler)

Old 01-09-2011, 04:40 PM   #1
avidoffroad.com
McJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
McJosh's Tacoma Gallery
Tacoma Break-in (Chandler)

So yesterday at about 5am, I couldn't sleep and kept hearing my alarm's warning chirp. I had the keys in my pocket and would arm the alarm anytime I heard it. So maybe like half hour later I hear the alarm go off for reals. Look out the window and notice it's my brother's tacoma going off so I go outside to check. At first I need see anything done but got closer and saw shattered glass. Sure enough, his window was busted and someone stole his usb flash drive that was in his stereo and an aux cable. We're lucky I was awake and probably scared him because I kept messing with my alarm. The dude didn't steal anything of value but he wasted our time and tint.

Today I was driving back from church and notice one of my neighbors also had his window busted. Get off and talk to him and he says he had no alarm and they got to steal his $50 stereo. He was more relaxed than I would've been but then again we drive Toyota's and he has a dodge.

Well I just wanted to warn people here in Arizona or anyone actually. There's criminals/stupid kids that'll cause more damage than the stupid items they steal. In my family's case, It's our 4th car with a broken window so cameras might be going up. Cops can never do anything because they don't have a suspect.
Old 01-09-2011, 04:49 PM   #2
topgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zack
topgun155's Tacoma Gallery
That sucks man. Hope you catch the person.
Old 01-09-2011, 05:17 PM   #4
005Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed005Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed005Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed005Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed005Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed005Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed005Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed005Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed005Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed005Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed005Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
005Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Just put the cameras where they can't easily steal them too
Old 01-09-2011, 07:57 PM   #5
I hate Commie Libs!
GearBox is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearBox is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearBox is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearBox is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearBox is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearBox is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearBox is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearBox is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearBox is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearBox is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearBox is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gear
GearBox's Tacoma Gallery
Try putting an NRA sticker on your truck... that might keep them away.

Sent from my mobile device.
Old 01-09-2011, 08:06 PM   #6
4banger is a glorious beacon of light4banger is a glorious beacon of light4banger is a glorious beacon of light4banger is a glorious beacon of light4banger is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Charlie
4banger's Tacoma Gallery
My old taco had a Smith and Wesson sticker "Nothing in this truck is worth dying for"
Old 01-09-2011, 08:08 PM   #7
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
My old taco had a Smith and Wesson sticker "Nothing in this truck is worth dying for"
Surprised they didn't break in to steal your gun
Old 01-09-2011, 09:13 PM   #8
avidoffroad.com
McJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

McJosh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TioTaco View Post
I've had a stereo or two stolen in my day. They tried to steal my car once too. I HATE thieves with a passion. MAN I mean I HATES them MOFOs BAD. I don't put any stereos or dvds or NOTHING anymore. I never tint up so they look in my widow and (hopefully) pass my stock little pos by. Just about getting to the point that you can't have nothing worth enjoying anymore without some druggy piece of crap stealing the sh!t to get more drugs or whatever.

I'm alright, rantin done.
Yeah right dude. I don't know if you guys remember, last year my window was broken, I had stock everything besides a sub and amp(hidden behind the bench and stock stereo) and all they stole were burnt cd's. Same with my sister's 2000 hyundai accent. Completely stock with nothing but old papers in it. My brother in law's STI was broken into as well but they only stole cd's as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearBox View Post

I used to have a marine sticker but my brother is a marine and the neighbor with a dodge is a marine and look what happened. Plus, I'd need to be a member to get a sticker and membership is like $80 or something.lol
Old 01-09-2011, 09:18 PM   #9
I hate Commie Libs!
GearBox is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearBox is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearBox is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearBox is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearBox is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearBox is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearBox is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearBox is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearBox is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearBox is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearBox is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gear
GearBox's Tacoma Gallery
Lol that is awesome!!!

Old 01-09-2011, 09:21 PM   #10
avidoffroad.com

McJosh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Lol that is awesome!!!

It's really not.ha

My door ended up scratched from the glass. My brother's window was all smashed inside the truck but eh, his paint is starting to fade anyway. ('04 first gen.)
Old 01-09-2011, 09:22 PM   #11
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

x2
Old 01-09-2011, 09:24 PM   #12
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
I have a webcam in my window rigged to my comp with a program that uses motion detection to take pics. Shows the entire drive way and part of the street.

A few weeks ago I caught a couple kids going through my Mom Sequoia. Opened my blinds and there they where, inside the truck. I grabbed a baseball bat and my truck keys and hauled ass outside, they saw me through the window and had taken off into the woods before I got outside (I'm upstairs). Was a couple 15 year old looking kids on skateboards, I'm 6'2 and 250lbs, they made a wise choice by running.

The above story is why I now have a security cam. I'd be anything they where the same little pricks who stole my CB antenna a few months back.
Old 01-09-2011, 09:27 PM   #13
avidoffroad.com

McJosh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaos View Post
I have a webcam in my window rigged to my comp with a program that uses motion detection to take pics. Shows the entire drive way and part of the street.

A few weeks ago I caught a couple kids going through my Mom Sequoia. Opened my blinds and there they where, inside the truck. I grabbed a baseball bat and my truck keys and hauled ass outside, they saw me through the window and had taken off into the woods before I got outside (I'm upstairs). Was a couple 15 year old looking kids on skateboards, I'm 6'2 and 250lbs, they made a wise choice by running.

The above story is why I now have a security cam. I'd be anything they where the same little pricks who stole my CB antenna a few months back.
I think security cameras would be the only help. There's no window directly in front of the driveway. Cameras are a good idea though
Old 01-09-2011, 11:24 PM   #14
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
My dad had his ram 1500 broken into what, 7 years ago or such. After that he put on up a webcam that uploaded to a server on-line and he could watch from work, and a motion light that was pretty much a massive spot light that lite the truck up like daylight. No one messed with it again.
Old 01-10-2011, 12:36 PM   #15
ntvkayn57 is a splendid one to beholdntvkayn57 is a splendid one to beholdntvkayn57 is a splendid one to beholdntvkayn57 is a splendid one to beholdntvkayn57 is a splendid one to beholdntvkayn57 is a splendid one to beholdntvkayn57 is a splendid one to behold
ntvkayn57's Tacoma Gallery
Yea, that sucks to get ripped off...need their hands cut off then beheaded!
Old 01-11-2011, 08:48 AM   #17
The StormTrooper
TightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TightShirts
TightShirts's Tacoma Gallery
i think i've seen your truck parked on the steet, you live right off of McQueen right? I live right down the street from there, and my brother's truck was broken into last summer, then my neighbors truck was broken into in November. I bought a timer switch for my outside lights so they come on at dusk and shut off at dawn. I also cover my stereo with a white cloth, and sit one of my shotgun shells on the dash in plain view... haven't had a problem yet.
Old 01-11-2011, 04:47 PM   #18
avidoffroad.com

McJosh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TightShirts View Post
i think i've seen your truck parked on the steet, you live right off of McQueen right? I live right down the street from there, and my brother's truck was broken into last summer, then my neighbors truck was broken into in November. I bought a timer switch for my outside lights so they come on at dusk and shut off at dawn. I also cover my stereo with a white cloth, and sit one of my shotgun shells on the dash in plain view... haven't had a problem yet.
seriously? that's cool. And yeah I live in the ghetto. We're still sitting on the camera idea but it's expensive.lol Maybe in a couple weeks/ months
Old 01-11-2011, 04:55 PM   #19
Flynn Diesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynn Diesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynn Diesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynn Diesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynn Diesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynn Diesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynn Diesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynn Diesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynn Diesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynn Diesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynn Diesel is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Flynn Diesel's Tacoma Gallery
I have a worthless Rockledge Security System that the dealer convinced me I needed. Only good if they open the doors. No shock or glass break.

Any recommendation on a good alarm?
Old 01-11-2011, 07:07 PM   #20
avidoffroad.com

McJosh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynn Diesel View Post
I have a worthless Rockledge Security System that the dealer convinced me I needed. Only good if they open the doors. No shock or glass break.

Any recommendation on a good alarm?
Mine is an autopage alarm that i got after they broke my window. It was $160 but since i don't have any power options, it serves just as an alarm, no keyless entry.