R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

Be careful out there...

Old 01-10-2011, 11:06 AM   #1
^^^^ 3%er ^^^^
Packman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Packman73's Tacoma Gallery
Be careful out there...

I always carry when I'm out on a trail somewhere but now I think I'll bring a long gun from now on.

Quote:
Phoenix police find body of third man missing from Jeep trip

by Stephanie Snyder and Amy B Wang - Jan. 10, 2011 10:42 AM

The body that police believe belongs to the third man who went missing in a Jeep Wrangler with two other men near the Salt River and 107th Avenue was found by Phoenix police Sunday afternoon, authorities said Monday.
The families of the three men began getting worried when the trio didn't return Thursday evening. Family members called police Friday morning and authorities began searching. The Jeep was found that afternoon abandoned at the Salt River bottom near 107th Avenue, police said. On Friday evening, police found the bodies of two men nearby, according to Phoenix police spokesman Sgt. Steve Martos.
Family members told police the men, whose names have not been released, took their Jeep out to the Salt River bottom to test the vehicle but never returned. It appeared the men - 23, 28 and 38 years old - frequented the area to go four-wheeling.
According to family members, the Jeep reportedly belonged to the 38-year-old man. Police are treating the deaths as homicides, Martos said.
Detectives were unable to determine the cause of death. All three bodies had obvious signs of trauma, Martos said.
Investigators are working to positively identify the men.

Old 01-10-2011, 01:10 PM   #2
I hate Commie Libs!
GearBox is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearBox is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearBox is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearBox is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearBox is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearBox is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearBox is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearBox is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearBox is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearBox is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearBox is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gear
GearBox's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerfanXD View Post
I always carry when I'm out on a trail somewhere but now I think I'll bring a long gun from now on.

by Stephanie Snyder and Amy B Wang - Jan. 10, 2011 10:42 AM

The body that police believe belongs to the third man who went missing in a Jeep Wrangler with two other men near the Salt River and 107th Avenue was found by Phoenix police Sunday afternoon, authorities said Monday.
The families of the three men began getting worried when the trio didn't return Thursday evening. Family members called police Friday morning and authorities began searching. The Jeep was found that afternoon abandoned at the Salt River bottom near 107th Avenue, police said. On Friday evening, police found the bodies of two men nearby, according to Phoenix police spokesman Sgt. Steve Martos.
Family members told police the men, whose names have not been released, took their Jeep out to the Salt River bottom to test the vehicle but never returned. It appeared the men - 23, 28 and 38 years old - frequented the area to go four-wheeling.
According to family members, the Jeep reportedly belonged to the 38-year-old man. Police are treating the deaths as homicides, Martos said.
Detectives were unable to determine the cause of death. All three bodies had obvious signs of trauma, Martos said.
Investigators are working to positively identify the men.

Wow that sucks. I always carry my Glock .30. I am sure most other Tacoma owners here are armed when they go out in the middle of nowhere too...

.45 ACP FTW!!

Old 01-10-2011, 01:13 PM   #3
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Carry your sharpest most vigilant eyes too guys-the barbaric vermon are creeping into your backyards
Old 01-10-2011, 01:16 PM   #4
I hate Commie Libs!
GearBox is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearBox is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearBox is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearBox is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearBox is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearBox is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearBox is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearBox is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearBox is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearBox is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearBox is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gear
GearBox's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgerunner View Post
Carry your sharpest most vigilant eyes too guys-the barbaric vermon are creeping into your backyards
No way Jim Napolitano has it all under control. The border is safer then it ever has been!!
Old 01-10-2011, 01:37 PM   #5
I need to go return some videotapes...
Seabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
I go out there all the time, too. People are jackholes.
Old 01-10-2011, 01:40 PM   #6
Banned
Infra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: Jason
Infra's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearBox View Post
No way Jim Napolitano has it all under control. The border is safer then it ever has been!!

I know that is sarcasm....but I invite anyone who thinks our border is secure to come to Tucson. I will take them on a tour of our lovely state down near the border. Within the past 3 months I have come across 2 different groups transferring bales of bud from vehicle to vehicle, within 10 miles of city limits....as well as come across several groups of illegals tramping through the desert. A call goes out to BP and they do absolutely nothing about it.
Old 01-10-2011, 01:41 PM   #7
CorrectionCop is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrectionCop is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrectionCop is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrectionCop is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrectionCop is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrectionCop is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrectionCop is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrectionCop is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrectionCop is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrectionCop is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrectionCop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
CorrectionCop's Tacoma Gallery
Things are getting bad, we live in scary times.
Old 01-10-2011, 01:44 PM   #8
You think I was rollin out here naked?
ToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: MA
ToucanV13's Tacoma Gallery
More reason to carry for sure
Old 01-10-2011, 01:50 PM   #9
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Dang that sucks for those 3 guys. I'll make sure to pack my AR on those types of trips.
Old 01-10-2011, 01:51 PM   #10
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
so how were they killed?
Old 01-10-2011, 01:55 PM   #11
AZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
AZBACKCOUNTRY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I know that is sarcasm....but I invite anyone who thinks our border is secure to come to Tucson. I will take them on a tour of our lovely state down near the border. Within the past 3 months I have come across 2 different groups transferring bales of bud from vehicle to vehicle, within 10 miles of city limits....as well as come across several groups of illegals tramping through the desert. A call goes out to BP and they do absolutely nothing about it.
No doubt this would open up many eyes! I've seen the same year after year after year... The Huachuca mountains are unbelievable. Litter /trash and major routes running everywhere.

Azbackcountry
Old 01-10-2011, 02:01 PM   #12
Veteran Redleg
SteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Arizona Army National Guard C BATTERY 1/180TH Field Artillery and the Pinal County Sheriff's Office
Name: Curt
SteelRain's Tacoma Gallery
The last few times I've been out, I've taken my AR-15 with 6 loaded 30 rd magazines. Plus my handgun.
Old 01-10-2011, 02:09 PM   #13
Subd for later..
TacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luis
TacoRun's Tacoma Gallery
I'm not familiar with AZ. So how close where they from the border?
Old 01-10-2011, 02:13 PM   #14
Veteran Redleg
SteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Arizona Army National Guard C BATTERY 1/180TH Field Artillery and the Pinal County Sheriff's Office
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoRun View Post
I'm not familiar with AZ. So how close where they from the border?

Way out on the far west end of the Phoenix area. North of the border about 100miles or so.
Old 01-10-2011, 02:14 PM   #15
Jimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud of

Name: Jim
Jimmyjohn's Tacoma Gallery
My GOD I wouldn't live in your state if they paid me. that is BULL SHIT. When three guys can't go out for a afternoon of four wheeling with out the worry of being killed. What the hell our our Southern States coming to?
Old 01-10-2011, 02:18 PM   #16
Veteran Redleg

It's just getting more and more violent. I know that the Cartels have ramped up their efforts and are using full scale military tactics at times now. Just have to really be aware of your surroundings.
Old 01-10-2011, 02:26 PM   #17
Jimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud of

Name: Jim
Jimmyjohn's Tacoma Gallery
Pinal How about an out sider like myself who would like to come to Utah or Arizona to do some ATVing and don't know squat about the areas. I guess I'd be far better off to stay up North..
Old 01-10-2011, 02:31 PM   #18
^^^^ 3%er ^^^^
Packman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Packman73's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyjohn View Post
Pinal How about an out sider like myself who would like to come to Utah or Arizona to do some ATVing and don't know squat about the areas. I guess I'd be far better off to stay up North..
I'm sure a lot of AZ guys would show you some killer spots all over...I want to go to Montana sometime myself.
Old 01-10-2011, 02:37 PM   #19
Veteran Redleg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyjohn View Post

There are a few areas out east of Phoenix like Queen Valley, Roger's Trough and Cottonwood Canyon Rd that are fairly safe. Haven't really ahd any issues there. It's in my jurisdiction..then again Vekol Valley is partially in Pinal County too. I don't work in that area though.