1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

FEELER: anyone want to make 50 bucks? (help me install)

Discussion in 'Arizona' started by hamNswiss on rye, Jan 31, 2011.

1. Feb 4, 2011 at 6:56 AM
    mach1man001

mach1man001 eh whatever

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Blackstone, MA
    Vehicle:
    '09 Sport DCLB Met Grey
    Toyota bed mat (1st mod), Toyota all season floor mats, Rear spring TSB, Map light mod, Fog light mod, Putco yellow fog bulbs, Weather Tech window vents, Extra d-rings, Mounted mag light, TRD CAI with AFE pro dry filter, '05 front mud flaps (winter only), 2 set's of wheels/tires, 285/75/16 Hankook MT's, Black Painted 1st Gen TRD wheels (wheeling set) Black powder coated FJ Cruiser with 265/70/17 BFGoodrich KO2's (everyday), painted center of grill & bumper black, Devil horns, OME with 885's + spacers front, OME shocks w/OMD designed rear springs, Front diff drop, Rear trailer plug relocate, ATO IFS skid, Relentless Trans & Transfer skids, BAMF bolt on rock sliders, Relentless tailgate reinforcement, Uniden 75 CB radio, BAMF antenna bracket, TRD exhaust, high lift jack w/ATO mounts. And of course ProEFX Towing Mirrors!
    Man I wish we could get people together around here like you guys seem to be doing all the time. But then again it would have to be a big heated garage as it was below zero this morning and we have about 30 inches of ice encrusted snow on the ground and 2 more storms coming in the next week.

2. Feb 4, 2011 at 9:31 AM
    OH-MAN

OH-MAN Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Sunny Az.
    Vehicle:
    10 4X4 O.R. White
    TRD skid painted black,
    I could not accept cash money but," Have stoneage spring compressor will travel "

To make it happen pick a day and stick to it.
    Some will make it and some will not be able to.

Make sure your parts are here in case of a back order.
    Call it a mod day get some soda pop and doughnuts, and it will be like flies on schnitt!!!

Count me in.

3. Feb 13, 2011 at 12:02 AM
    hamNswiss on rye

hamNswiss on rye [OP] ¡Yo Quiero Taco World!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Scottsdale, AZ/Portland, ME
    Vehicle:
    '07 4x4 Access Cab
    OME 885's and billies all around, allpro apex front bumper, Nfab tire carrier, black magic rallye 1000 driving lights, custom back to the future light rack, KC LED Daylighters, PIAA 510 fogs, bed lights, satoshi, 285/70/17 Duratracs
    are you saying that you have a compressor?

4. Feb 13, 2011 at 4:59 AM
    OH-MAN

OH-MAN Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Sunny Az.
    Vehicle:
    10 4X4 O.R. White
    TRD skid painted black,

Yes sir!

2010 OME suspension install 015.jpg
    2010 OME suspension install 013.jpg

5. Feb 13, 2011 at 6:50 AM
    Yugo2slo

Yugo2slo Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner
    Black Head Lights
    Nick,

Everything these guys are saying is true. Went to my first Mod day a few weeks back, just to watch.

Chris4x4 is your man...

Pizza, Doughnuts, Beer, Soda... they will come.

Steve's spring compressors work.

I'm wanting to put Billys and AAL on mine too, but getting ready to buy a house so I have to wait... It's killing me.

6. Feb 14, 2011 at 10:39 PM
    hamNswiss on rye

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Vehicle:
    '07 4x4 Access Cab
    OME 885's and billies all around, allpro apex front bumper, Nfab tire carrier, black magic rallye 1000 driving lights, custom back to the future light rack, KC LED Daylighters, PIAA 510 fogs, bed lights, satoshi, 285/70/17 Duratracs
    well heres the deal guys, i want to get a day together that i can get some help from you all (and maybe we can make it into a mod day) but i want to do it before i go home to Maine for the summer (because you all seem so helpful and willing to show me the ropes:), plus id like to save some installation $$). im headed home sometime early in may, so hopefully it will be before then.

with that said, ive come to a problem. im almost 100% set with going with the billies at .85 (and rear), getting Eibach coils and an add a leaf. the problem is i cant afford them all right now. my question is would you all recommend:

1) buying all 4 billies and the AAL now, and waiting on the eibachs
    or
    2) buying the front billies, AAL, and Eibachs and waiting on the rear billies

keep in mind that i want to cut installation costs, but still have to have something that is gonna get me to maine and back (lots of driving).

thanks
    nick

7. Feb 15, 2011 at 7:15 AM
    bgbdwlf

bgbdwlf Well-Known Member

Member:
    surprise,az
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner Off Road
    bone stock for now
    do you have the rear tsb, i have a 2" AAL for non tsb that i am going to be swapping out for an icon 3 leaf pak in the near future if you are interested in it. i am not sure how many miles are on it, it not very many i would say less than 5000 i will give you a smoking deal on it. i could even help with the install if you would like, i did my own install on the same setup you are looking to do.

i am out in the far west valley around 177th ave and greenway, just let me know and we can set something up.

8. Feb 15, 2011 at 7:37 AM
    OH-MAN

OH-MAN Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Sunny Az.
    Vehicle:
    10 4X4 O.R. White
    TRD skid painted black,
    You would be best advised to go with option 2.
    Installing the rear billies can be done any time and will not affect alignment.

Now I did this exact set up on my 09 dbl cab 2wheel drive.
    I did not have enough caster left, close but it had a wandering tendency on the freeway if you do not keep on the steering wheel.

I would go with the Eibachs at 0 and lose a small amount of lift. This should help with the caster. If you are trying to save money you do not want to buy adj. upper control arms to get the caster.

I am only guessing that you will keep it in caster specs because I personally did not do it at 0.

Consider the 1 1/2" AAL as I had to shim the rear axel with the 2" to work out the angles which were causing a slight low speed vibration.

Just more stuff to consider.

When you decide, pick a hard day, stick to it and the more lead time you can give everyone the better.

9. Feb 15, 2011 at 11:50 AM
    hamNswiss on rye

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Vehicle:
    '07 4x4 Access Cab

im very interested, i dont have the tsb. is it a long or short AAL? i like the 2" AAL, but like OH-MAN is saying, do you think i will need to shim the rear axel? i dont want to have any vibrations.

is it hard/expensive to shim the rear axel? i would imagine not...i only ask because i am interested in bgbdwlf's 2'' AAL. also, if i dont go with the billies right off, i have heard there could be a problem with 'pogosticking'. know anything about that?

thanks guys

10. Feb 15, 2011 at 12:00 PM
    OH-MAN

OH-MAN Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Sunny Az.
    Vehicle:
    10 4X4 O.R. White
    TRD skid painted black,
    Not hard but you need to loosen the U bolts and slip them in.
    The stock shocks will not work as well as the new Billies but if that is all you can afford at one time then it is the easiest way to go.

11. Feb 15, 2011 at 12:03 PM
    hamNswiss on rye

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Vehicle:
    '07 4x4 Access Cab
    do you think the stock shocks will work well enough to do a lot of driving? like i said, im headed 'cross country in may...

12. Feb 15, 2011 at 12:23 PM
    OH-MAN

OH-MAN Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Sunny Az.
    Vehicle:
    10 4X4 O.R. White
    TRD skid painted black,
    On road you should be O.K.
    Off roading will heat them up and they will get tired fast.

13. Feb 15, 2011 at 12:26 PM
    hamNswiss on rye

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Vehicle:
    '07 4x4 Access Cab
    alright. if i go with the 2'' AAL and the billies at 0 with the eibachs, you think it will be fairly level? i dont want much rake (if any)

14. Feb 15, 2011 at 3:11 PM
    bgbdwlf

Member:
    surprise,az
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner Off Road
    bone stock for now
    they came from the toytec tac3-05 spacer kit which says there are the long version, i also have a shim kit i installed and used for a day then realized, well its a long story so i won't bore you with that.

i do have the takeoff shudder which i haven't been able to resolve yet.

you may end up with more rake than you want with the front set at 0 and a 2" aal, i have mine at .85 and it if any rake. i have a couple of pics in a thread or two here, i can post a couple on here when i get home tonight if you would like. i know one is in the show off your short bed thread in the 2nd gen section.

took awhile so it works its near bottom of the page.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacomas/28660-show-off-your-double-cab-short-bed-26.html

15. Feb 15, 2011 at 4:08 PM
    OH-MAN

OH-MAN Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Sunny Az.
    Vehicle:
    10 4X4 O.R. White
    TRD skid painted black,

Yes you will have some rake, that is another reason to go with the 1 1/2" AAL

16. Mar 3, 2011 at 5:47 PM
    hamNswiss on rye

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Vehicle:
    '07 4x4 Access Cab
    alright everyone, im FINALLY reviving this thread. i've decided to go with eibach's and billies at .85 in the front, 1.5" AAL in the back. i was going to wait to get bigger tires (my 245/75/16's are gonna look puny on there for a few months) but i figured i could deal with them if you guys will be able to help me with the install.

those of you still interested in this (mod day i guess, anyone else is welcome to come by and mod) i'm wondering what your schedules are looking like. also, i have NO tools. aside from a basic socket set and a few pairs of pliers, i have 0 tools. i'm just wondering (before i order parts) what tools are needed/if it will be possible to get them all together? OH-MAN said he's got a compressor, and im assuming thats the hardest thing to find, what else will we need? jack? stands? torque wrench? does anyone else have any of these?

thanks alot guys, i really appreciate this.

17. Mar 4, 2011 at 6:49 AM
    OH-MAN

OH-MAN Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Sunny Az.
    Vehicle:
    10 4X4 O.R. White
    TRD skid painted black,
    Got to pick a day and they will come.
    Floor jack
    Jack stands
    Wranches
    Rachets, sockets
    Big hammer
    Prybars
    Battery impact.
    Anything else?

18. Mar 4, 2011 at 10:02 AM
    bgbdwlf

Member:
    surprise,az
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner Off Road
    bone stock for now
    i am swapping out my aal for the icon 3 leaf pak saturday (finally) so you are more than welcome to come over then. its a bit of a drive i am around cotton lane and waddel in surprise. i have tools except my toque wrench is not the best.

19. Mar 4, 2011 at 2:26 PM
    hamNswiss on rye

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Vehicle:
    '07 4x4 Access Cab
    saturday, as in tomorrow?

20. Mar 5, 2011 at 7:32 AM
    bgbdwlf

Member:
    surprise,az
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner Off Road
    bone stock for now
    sorry i didn't check this untill this morning, yes as into day or tomorrow if i would have looked yesterday.

Products Discussed in

To Top