R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

FEELER: anyone want to make 50 bucks? (help me install)

Old 01-31-2011, 02:34 AM   #1
ˇYo Quiero Taco World!
hamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
hamNswiss on rye's Tacoma Gallery
FEELER: anyone want to make 50 bucks? (help me install)

im thinking about getting a set of billy 5100s for the front and AAL's in the back. only problem is ive never done suspension work before, wouldnt know where to start on my own, and really dont want to shell out another $300+ in labor at a shop. so, i figured id see if there were any fellow yota lovers out there that would be willing to help me out and wanted to do some modding, while maybe pocketing a few extra bucks for their trouble.

thanks,
Nick
Old 01-31-2011, 02:50 AM   #2
Locked and Lifted "02" DC TRD.
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Free pizza and beer for a few people goes alot farther than offering strait up cash.
just sayin.
good luck and be sure and take pics!
Old 01-31-2011, 03:37 AM   #3
ˇYo Quiero Taco World!
hamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shed

right you are, free pizza and beer it is. im just looking for some help guys, id be more than happy to supply food/drink.
Old 01-31-2011, 06:24 AM   #4
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamNswiss on rye View Post
right you are, free pizza and beer it is. im just looking for some help guys, id be more than happy to supply food/drink.
Hit me up in a PM. Maybe we can work something out.
Old 01-31-2011, 09:04 AM   #5
THIS IS AMERICA!!!
Cortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cortland
Cortland's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Hit me up in a PM. Maybe we can work something out.
This is the man that you want helping you! He is a damn Tacoma genius!
Old 01-31-2011, 09:09 AM   #6
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortland View Post
This is the man that you want helping you! He is a damn Tacoma genius!
x2

He's the pimp trick gangsta click!
Old 01-31-2011, 09:11 AM   #7
eckcessive is on a distinguished road

Name: Ken
eckcessive's Tacoma Gallery
how easy would it be to do two trucks at the same time?
Old 01-31-2011, 09:12 AM   #8
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by eckcessive View Post
how easy would it be to do two trucks at the same time?
where were you guys on the MOD Day Saturday??? lol

2 trucks would be easy with enough people....more people = faster

If its a weekend i'm down to help too
Old 01-31-2011, 09:19 AM   #9
eckcessive is on a distinguished road

Name: Ken
eckcessive's Tacoma Gallery
yea that probably would have been the best but I don't have my 5100's yet.

In reality, I'm still debating whether I want to add them or not. I just don't want to mess up my truck... I lifted a jeep once way back in the day (3incher) and ended up selling it because it beat the crap out of me to drive it.
Old 01-31-2011, 12:40 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by eckcessive View Post
yea that probably would have been the best but I don't have my 5100's yet.

In reality, I'm still debating whether I want to add them or not. I just don't want to mess up my truck... I lifted a jeep once way back in the day (3incher) and ended up selling it because it beat the crap out of me to drive it.
You have nothing to worry about. Just get a alignment afterwards and you'll be good. What did you plan on setting them at? 1.5" or 2.5? It'd be much easier to have to Billys and your factory springs put together at a local shop rather than having to fool around with a spring compressor. Thats what I did and it went a lot smoother
Old 01-31-2011, 07:00 PM   #11
ˇYo Quiero Taco World!

thanks for the replies guys. i havent ordered the shocks yet, but will probably do so when my budget allows. knowing that a few guys are willing to help out on a weekend (possibly in late feb.), i will keep you posted as to what date im thinking.
thanks again
Old 02-01-2011, 04:46 PM   #13
SmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
SmoothFox's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matic View Post
Free pizza and beer for a few people goes alot farther than offering strait up cash.
just sayin.
good luck and be sure and take pics!

Regardless of who is doing the work, I'd make sure the work was done before the beers crack open. Just my two cents. I will be doing 5100's in the not too distant future. Good luck.
Old 02-01-2011, 07:52 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoothFox View Post
Regardless of who is doing the work, I'd make sure the work was done before the beers crack open. Just my two cents. I will be doing 5100's in the not too distant future. Good luck.
Fuck that, I like to shoot up heroin in my eye ball and operate power tools and then drive around
Old 02-02-2011, 12:08 AM   #15
ˇYo Quiero Taco World!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtsTRD View Post
Fuck that, I like to shoot up heroin in my eye ball and operate power tools and then drive around
haha repped and sig.
Old 02-02-2011, 05:36 AM   #16
OH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You have nothing to worry about. Just get a alignment afterwards and you'll be good. What did you plan on setting them at? 1.5" or 2.5? It'd be much easier to have to Billys and your factory springs put together at a local shop rather than having to fool around with a spring compressor. Thats what I did and it went a lot smoother

Some spring compressors!!!!!
Old 02-02-2011, 08:26 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamNswiss on rye View Post
haha repped and sig.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH-MAN View Post

Old 02-02-2011, 12:56 PM   #18
I need to go return some videotapes...
Seabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bloodshart
Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Pure awesomeness.
Old 02-03-2011, 10:53 AM   #19
THIS IS AMERICA!!!
Cortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cortland
Cortland's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OH-MAN View Post
This man's spring compressor is the shit!!! Thanks again for your help Steve!
Old 02-04-2011, 06:40 AM   #20
badlifeguard is on a distinguished road

Army: Signal
Name: Jared
badlifeguard's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
best ever quote!