R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

Where to Mount & Balance

Old 02-07-2011, 01:45 PM   #1
Smoove06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoove06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoove06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoove06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoove06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoove06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoove06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoove06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoove06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoove06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoove06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
Smoove06's Tacoma Gallery
Where to Mount & Balance

So heres the scenario...i just bought some retreaded tires from treadwright.com and i need to mount and balance them once they come in. I thought discount tire was gonna be a sure bet to have them mount and balance them but they want to charge me $150 for it. That price also includes a TPMS recharge kit! Does that sound like higway robbery to anyone? If so, can anyone suggest a good place to get my tires mounted and balanced. Preferably in the North Phoenix area?

Thanks!
Old 02-07-2011, 08:29 PM   #2
Yotas For Life!
06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
06RedComa's Tacoma Gallery
Whats a TPMS recharge kit? It might be a little high but for the customer service I receive from them, would probably make it worth it for me. They have always patched, repaired the bead, and rotated my tires for free, no questions ask, even before I bought tires from them.
Old 02-07-2011, 10:43 PM   #3
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I'd have to say you get what you pay for...DT is the shit as far as customer service. I'd rather pay a little more and get quality service than go to the other guys who are fuckin' retarded
Old 02-08-2011, 08:55 AM   #4
Smoove06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoove06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoove06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoove06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoove06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoove06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoove06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoove06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoove06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoove06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoove06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06RedComa View Post
Whats a TPMS recharge kit? It might be a little high but for the customer service I receive from them, would probably make it worth it for me. They have always patched, repaired the bead, and rotated my tires for free, no questions ask, even before I bought tires from them.
I wasnt too sure what they meant by TPMS recharge kit. All they said was that I needed that because i'll be putting on new tires and that they have to remove the TPMS and change some interlocking nut or something like that. I dunno, it seemed kinda fishy to me because the guy couldnt really explain it too me. At the end, he said i just needed it. When i called other places, they said they're not going to be messing with the TPMS.
Old 02-08-2011, 09:04 AM   #5
I need to go return some videotapes...
Seabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bloodshart
Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoove06 View Post
I wasnt too sure what they meant by TPMS recharge kit. All they said was that I needed that because i'll be putting on new tires and that they have to remove the TPMS and change some interlocking nut or something like that. I dunno, it seemed kinda fishy to me because the guy couldnt really explain it too me. At the end, he said i just needed it. When i called other places, they said they're not going to be messing with the TPMS.
Actually it's called a TPMS rebuild kit. Makes sure everything is working smooth with them when you change tires.
Old 02-08-2011, 09:10 AM   #6
koch1024 is on a distinguished road

Firefighter:
Name: Andy
koch1024's Tacoma Gallery
That price sounds high. I would expect half of that. I used to work at a tire shop in the northwest. The tpms "recharge kit" had a new rubber washer, valve core, and the nut that holds the sensor in. Basically wearable parts that could cause a leak if they did in fact wear out. Its not something you have to do. Its been five years since i worked there but we used to charge $11 to balance and I think a dismount/mount was $7 for light truck tires.
Old 02-08-2011, 09:21 AM   #7

So if its not something I "have to" do, can i get away with not doing it?
Old 02-08-2011, 09:32 AM   #8
I need to go return some videotapes...
Seabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bloodshart
Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
Yes, you don't have to do it. I skipped the recharge kits when I got my new tires last year and I've had the same sensors/kits since I bought the truck new in 2006 without any failures. I'll probably do it when I get tires again (hopefully not til next year) just because mine are so old.
Old 02-08-2011, 12:26 PM   #9
Yotas For Life!
06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
06RedComa's Tacoma Gallery
When I went to DT, I asked about switching the TPMS and they acted like it was the easiest thing to do and never said anything about a rebuild kit