R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

Anyone in Glendale AZ wanna check out a truck for me?

Old 02-13-2011, 05:28 PM   #1
Fox 21 Alpha is one of the sharper tools in the shedFox 21 Alpha is one of the sharper tools in the shedFox 21 Alpha is one of the sharper tools in the shedFox 21 Alpha is one of the sharper tools in the shedFox 21 Alpha is one of the sharper tools in the shedFox 21 Alpha is one of the sharper tools in the shedFox 21 Alpha is one of the sharper tools in the shedFox 21 Alpha is one of the sharper tools in the shedFox 21 Alpha is one of the sharper tools in the shedFox 21 Alpha is one of the sharper tools in the shedFox 21 Alpha is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
Fox 21 Alpha's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone in Glendale AZ wanna check out a truck for me?

I just lost a Tacoma I was pretty much ready to buy an hour from my house. So I've found one other just like it, and here it be...

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false

Or the Autotrader number (just put in their search box on their site I guess): AT-116F274E

I called the guy and I guess he flips cars, he says he has a retail license or something and also owns a salvage yard or something along those lines. Not sure why he doesn't sell through his company (or with their name) but w/e.

Anyways he said everything is pretty much perfect except for a tire pressure light.

And it's been in an accident.

He said when he got it, it had front end damage, up higher, so "away from the frame" and stuff, and that he had to replace the radiator support and radiator, tranny cooler(? I was only half paying attention at this point, kinda disappointed), and things like that. He said he had his body shop do the work and the repainting and everything. He then drove it for awhile and now he's selling it.

Looks good in the pictures but you know how that goes. He said he has no problem taking it to a dealer or having a private mechanic or whoever I choose inspect it or whatnot, so he was pretty upfront with it all.

So I'm kinda strewn between risking buying one that was in an accident at an alright price, or keep looking, though I'm not having much luck so far.

Anyone in the area interested in taking a look at it for me and seeing how everything looks, especially the damage? I'm all the way up in PA, so I'd hate to fly there or get it shipped to end up having a shitty paint job or crooked panels or other problems. I could probably paypal you $20 for gas or mail it or whatever you want...as long as you don't steal it from under me lol
Old 02-14-2011, 08:16 AM   #2
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
bump!
Old 02-16-2011, 12:30 PM   #3
Fox 21 Alpha is one of the sharper tools in the shedFox 21 Alpha is one of the sharper tools in the shedFox 21 Alpha is one of the sharper tools in the shedFox 21 Alpha is one of the sharper tools in the shedFox 21 Alpha is one of the sharper tools in the shedFox 21 Alpha is one of the sharper tools in the shedFox 21 Alpha is one of the sharper tools in the shedFox 21 Alpha is one of the sharper tools in the shedFox 21 Alpha is one of the sharper tools in the shedFox 21 Alpha is one of the sharper tools in the shedFox 21 Alpha is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
$40? $50? I guess more likely then not you'd be driving a truck so the MPG can't be that good. No interest at all?
Old 02-16-2011, 12:34 PM   #4
hellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rob
hellrazor004's Tacoma Gallery
if I lived in the area I would certainly help...someone must be out there.
Old 02-16-2011, 01:05 PM   #5
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
I might be able to check it out for ya.
Old 02-16-2011, 09:22 PM   #6
OH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
I am in Glendale but I am not a mechanic and would not feel right if I looked at it and said " sure looks good to me " and something happens later I could not handle it.
If I screw up and buy something for myself it is my fault. If I recomend a vehicle to someone else and it goes bad I would not feel right at all.
There are some real good con artists out there, espically on a long distance deal.
I am sorry but I will not do it, the responsibility is too high.
Thanks Steve
Old 02-17-2011, 07:50 AM   #7
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
and chris jumps to the rescue again ha
Old 02-17-2011, 09:18 AM   #8
Navy:
Haha yeah it might turn out that way.

And I can understand if you aren't too mechcanically inclined to not wanna do this, if I was in your shoes I'd probably feel the same way.

I'd just hate to fly down there and take it for a drive and find out it can't drive straight or has obvious bad body work or problems, glaring or not so much. I'm still not sure how I feel about by an accident vehicle, especially at that price, but I've been looking and looking and the few ads I can find nationwide that have what I want are usually sold, ridiculously overpriced, or more often then not just not what I'm looking for. For the money involved on my end I definitely want to make sure I get pretty much exactly what I want haha.

On the flip side maybe it could be a good deal if it had some simple body panel damage and the guy knows what he's doing and everything went well. But knowing my luck thats probably not the case, or its already sold.

But anyways should anyone decide they wanna take a look at it, let me know and I'll call the guy to make sure its there and get the addy and everything. Thanks
Old 02-17-2011, 09:26 AM   #9
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox 21 Alpha View Post
Haha yeah it might turn out that way.

And I can understand if you aren't too mechcanically inclined to not wanna do this, if I was in your shoes I'd probably feel the same way.

I'd just hate to fly down there and take it for a drive and find out it can't drive straight or has obvious bad body work or problems, glaring or not so much. I'm still not sure how I feel about by an accident vehicle, especially at that price, but I've been looking and looking and the few ads I can find nationwide that have what I want are usually sold, ridiculously overpriced, or more often then not just not what I'm looking for. For the money involved on my end I definitely want to make sure I get pretty much exactly what I want haha.

On the flip side maybe it could be a good deal if it had some simple body panel damage and the guy knows what he's doing and everything went well. But knowing my luck thats probably not the case, or its already sold.

But anyways should anyone decide they wanna take a look at it, let me know and I'll call the guy to make sure its there and get the addy and everything. Thanks
I told you I might be able to do it. PM me your phone number, and we can work out the details.
Old 02-19-2011, 01:53 PM   #10
Navy:
Well Chris checked out the car the other day, had a lot more wrong with it then we had hoped, but might be worth a try if he can lower the price. We'll see whatelse I come across before I jump on this one.

But I did want to mention that Chris was excellent with checking everything out, I'm pretty sure he did a more though check then most mechanics or techs would, I mean hell he was even fixing stuff as he came across it on that truck haha. So definitely a good guy as seems most already know, but wanted to share my experience too. Now only if he traveled....