R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

Front End Popping?

Old 02-16-2011, 03:21 PM   #1
XxTaysTacoxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTaysTacoxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTaysTacoxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTaysTacoxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTaysTacoxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTaysTacoxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTaysTacoxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTaysTacoxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTaysTacoxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTaysTacoxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTaysTacoxX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

XxTaysTacoxX's Tacoma Gallery
Front End Popping?

Once in awhile if i'm backing out of my driveway and slowly turning the wheel my front end makes a popping noise? its pains me to hear it! any ideas as to whats causing it? I was thinking I might need new bushings.
Old 02-16-2011, 08:14 PM   #2
OH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
Need some basic info, lift? milage? mods like wheels tires spacers ect.
Does it do it one way or both turns?
stuff like that.
Old 02-16-2011, 08:49 PM   #3
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Are you pressing on the brake? Is it like a metal clank? Mine does it too.....I've read its normal.
Old 02-16-2011, 09:11 PM   #4
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
If its a loud sharp "pop" sound, it could be debris (rock/dirt) in your springs if you have been off road recently.
Old 02-16-2011, 09:14 PM   #5
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OH-MAN View Post
Need some basic info, lift? milage? mods like wheels tires spacers ect.
Does it do it one way or both turns?
stuff like that.
Looks like 3" lift and KMC wheels.

OP: Happen to live around cactus and the 101? I also see a black Tacoma driving around that area all the time.

I hear a noise similar but when going forward. Im 99% sure its my wheel bearings, I will be replacing them soon. Not looking forward to it though.
Old 02-16-2011, 09:15 PM   #6
kinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
kinkrider101's Tacoma Gallery
I dread that noise when you hit the braks, I have to have to hear it everyday
Old 02-16-2011, 11:35 PM   #8
G scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Garrett
G scott04's Tacoma Gallery
Go 1st gens!!!
sorry not helpful
but the only clunking mine did
up front was the steering rack until I replaced the bushings
Old 02-17-2011, 06:49 AM   #9
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
my friends 04 first gen did that and it was his bushings. hops this helped
Old 02-17-2011, 08:01 PM   #10
XxTaysTacoxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTaysTacoxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTaysTacoxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTaysTacoxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTaysTacoxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTaysTacoxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTaysTacoxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTaysTacoxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTaysTacoxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTaysTacoxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTaysTacoxX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

XxTaysTacoxX's Tacoma Gallery
Oh and it makes the same noise if I hit a speed bump straight on..
Old 02-19-2011, 12:54 AM   #11
G scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Garrett
G scott04's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxTaysTacoxX View Post
Oh and it makes the same noise if I hit a speed bump straight on..
Check your sway bar joints and connectors ( my guess), tie rods,
and bushings on upper and lower arms.
Old 02-23-2011, 08:53 PM   #12
03aztaco has a brilliant future03aztaco has a brilliant future03aztaco has a brilliant future03aztaco has a brilliant future03aztaco has a brilliant future03aztaco has a brilliant future03aztaco has a brilliant future03aztaco has a brilliant future03aztaco has a brilliant future03aztaco has a brilliant future03aztaco has a brilliant future

Name: adam
03aztaco's Tacoma Gallery
mine did the same thing now that im takin it apart i learened its the ball joints for me mabey same with yours
Old 02-25-2011, 08:49 AM   #13
OH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
So what was the solution?
Old 02-25-2011, 09:06 AM   #14
jspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jim
jspadaro's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxTaysTacoxX View Post
Once in awhile if i'm backing out of my driveway and slowly turning the wheel my front end makes a popping noise? its pains me to hear it! any ideas as to whats causing it? I was thinking I might need new bushings.
This has been happening to me... Dealer thought it was the gusset for my avid bar hitting the frame, but I don't think that's the whole story. Still don't know, been driving it that way for awhile now. Maybe that's a bad idea...