View Poll Results: What do you think?
Genious, you're the man. 13 19.12%
That will look like crap, you're a moron for considering it. 6 8.82%
Won't matter, they're already black. 10 14.71%
I like pie. 39 57.35%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-14-2011, 03:55 PM   #1
Gun Toting Gearhead
0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
0uTkAsT's Tacoma Gallery
How crappy would this look?

So, I was mocking up my new fog lights and I noticed that my bumpers and fenders are already turning gray and crappy looking again despite just "restoring" them a little over two weeks ago. That's when it occurred to me that I should just peel them off and spray them with a rubberized bedliner material. A few years ago, a friend and I coated his entire Jeep in Rhinoliner, and it turned out pretty bad ass. But it was also a beater, and I'm not sure how well the Taco would pull off the textured look. Of course I'd also have to coat the handles, mirrors, etc. to tie it all in.

So what say you? Once that stuff goes on it does NOT come off, unlike paint which can be stripped or blasted off, so this is a one-way street.
Old 04-14-2011, 03:57 PM   #2
Itsnevertoearlytostartbee fingupyourobituary
VanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Erik
VanillaGorilla's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds...SKETCH.. time to research... BRB
Old 04-14-2011, 03:58 PM   #3
TexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
TexAggie's Tacoma Gallery
I think it would look good! Someone on here did their whole truck, I'm not sure who it was but he put pics up.
Old 04-14-2011, 04:04 PM   #4
Itsnevertoearlytostartbee fingupyourobituary
VanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Erik
VanillaGorilla's Tacoma Gallery
It can look good, their's an old school land cruiser in town that did it and looks bad ass. Only part that id be worried about is theres no real turning back.....ever...without completely damaging your paint.. COIN FLIP!!!
Old 04-14-2011, 04:05 PM   #5
Screw your MPG's
jacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
jacob_wood's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jacob_wood
I'd do it. Hope that helps.
Old 04-14-2011, 04:09 PM   #6
DGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Friend
DGXR's Tacoma Gallery
I would let the bumper go until I could not stand it one more day, then do the rhino treatment. Doing the mirrors and especially the door handles could be tricky... are they really necessary to "tie it all in"?? Methinks notsomuch.
Old 04-14-2011, 04:12 PM   #8
Legend of the UG
Kappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Mike
Kappes03's Tacoma Gallery
There's a DC tacoma on here that's rhino lined, he said it added about 160 pounds,
Old 04-14-2011, 04:27 PM   #9
I feel so Devo
tinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tinker_troy's Tacoma Gallery
T3VB Line-Xed his bumpers (see post below)
I like it personally. When my CBI bumper gets here I am taking it down and having it done, then one of these days I will get the front done as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3VB View Post
here she is washed and waxed with the Line-X on the Front and Rear bumpers, Grille, and Badges.

It also goes BUMP now with my new all JL Audio sound system.

Also added the CravenSpeed Shorty Antenna (no loss in reception on my favorite stations)

Closer look at the Line-X (Thanks to Tim at Line-X of Virginia Beach for giving me an awesome military discount)

And one more for kicks...

Lemme know what you think...
As for me I think this thing is awesome I have owned several Yotas in the past and I loved each one but this thing is quickly becoming my favorite.
Old 04-14-2011, 04:34 PM   #10
DOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant future

Name: Jobin
DOT's Tacoma Gallery
Do the bumpers and the fender flares but dont use bedliner on the door handles or mirrors they make a trim spray paint you can pick it up at like checkers or any autozone it works pretty good for mirrors that fade. I used it on my wrangler it holds up for plastic stuff
Old 04-14-2011, 04:36 PM   #12
Gun Toting Gearhead
0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
0uTkAsT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOT View Post
Do the bumpers and the fender flares but dont use bedliner on the door handles or mirrors they make a trim spray paint you can pick it up at like checkers or any autozone it works pretty good for mirrors that fade. I used it on my wrangler it holds up for plastic stuff
Just curious, why are you guys suggesting to skip the handles and mirrors? They can't be too hard to remove
Old 04-14-2011, 04:38 PM   #13
DOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant future

Name: Jobin
DOT's Tacoma Gallery
I think it would look kinda weird with a thick coat or texture to them
Old 04-14-2011, 04:45 PM   #14
Deltabox's Better Half
himmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sarah
himmie's Tacoma Gallery
It would work on the flares...not sure about covering everything though. I know a few people have used the stuff that you roll on for the flares...turns out pretty well.
Old 04-14-2011, 05:34 PM   #15
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
i clicked i like pie cause i have no idea haha... good luck bump
Old 04-14-2011, 05:41 PM   #16
CUtigerfan is a glorious beacon of lightCUtigerfan is a glorious beacon of lightCUtigerfan is a glorious beacon of lightCUtigerfan is a glorious beacon of lightCUtigerfan is a glorious beacon of light

CUtigerfan's Tacoma Gallery
get the UV coating or whatever its called so it won't fade like the bumpers already have. I don't agree with the mirrors and door handles either. doesn't make much sense for functional or aesthetics to me
Old 04-14-2011, 06:19 PM   #18
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Some others have done it, I think it looks pretty good if the application is done well. I'm on the fence about the door handles and mirror covers mainly because I haven't seen it and don't have the vision I guess.
Old 04-14-2011, 06:24 PM   #19
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
DO IT...It'll look mean!!!

(oh, and I like pie )
Old 04-14-2011, 06:38 PM   #20
TW's BAD MF'er Squad
Dirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Dean
Dirty5Thirty's Tacoma Gallery
There is this wonderful new product on the market called Plasti-Dip. If it ever wears out, peel it off and paint it again. The problem with the bedliner is it looks too rugged for the aesthetics on truck IMHO.

But its your truck. Who cares what we think?