R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

Anyone else a junkyard crawler?

Old 04-19-2011, 09:35 PM   #1
Gun Toting Gearhead
0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
0uTkAsT's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone else a junkyard crawler?

Junk yards are where I got about a third of the parts I installed on my last project truck, and I'm on the hunt again for stuff for my Taco. I'm looking for seats (non-electric TRD buckets), Silver Streak Mica scooped hoods in good shape (doesn't matter TRD, X-Runner, etc), a rear diff from a TRD Sport, single DIN dash kits, bed accessories in good shape, etc.

Do any of y'all "shop" for parts like this? Sometimes you can score some sweet deals, like just two weeks ago I got my buddy a color-matched fiberglass camper shell for his Ford for $450 bucks, the same shell is about $2,200 new after paint.

Oh and if you see any TRD trucks in scrap yards, especially silver ones, let me know please!!
Old 04-19-2011, 09:43 PM   #2
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
Ya I go look around, hard to find second gens though. It might just be that I look in the wrong spots. I usually call beforehand to see if they have any sitting around.
Old 04-19-2011, 09:46 PM   #3
Gun Toting Gearhead
0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
0uTkAsT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08pretaco View Post
Ya I go look around, hard to find second gens though. It might just be that I look in the wrong spots. I usually call beforehand to see if they have any sitting around.
Yep, and most yards are connected to one another through an inventory system so they can see what other lots around them have. That info, however, is not always accurate as I've found.
Old 04-19-2011, 09:47 PM   #4
Deltabox's Better Half
himmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sarah
himmie's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, I have never seen any second gens.

I usually pull various old Celica parts though. Emblems and such.
Old 04-19-2011, 09:52 PM   #5
doing my thing.
kcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to behold

Firefighter: Hotshot
Name: Marco
kcbmx's Tacoma Gallery
I don't know how you guys find second gens in scrap yards lol, I've seen a few first gen five lugs and some 4runners but nothing cool.
Old 04-19-2011, 09:54 PM   #6
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Oh hell yeah, like a kid in a candy store. Theres one close by that had 7 or 8 pretty straight, pretty intact 1st gen 4 runners, handful of pre '95 trucks (2 of them straight axle 4x, 1 still had front axle) a few Tacomas (1st gen) & 1 2nd gen that looked like it was hit on all sides at once,brutal....
Old 04-20-2011, 07:22 PM   #8
boatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: boat coxswain,USS SIMON LAKE AS-33
Name: carl
boatswain's Tacoma Gallery
spent plenty of time in yards looking for 85-89 4-rnr.parts,and then the 95 tacoma. both seemed pretty hard to find, especially the tacoma. local yards say they have to pay too much for them,so they don't get a lot of them in.