R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

Do you like AZ?

Old 04-25-2011, 07:11 AM   #1
Hunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: Probie
Hunter500ky's Tacoma Gallery
Do you like AZ?

Hey guys and gals!

My Fiancee is originally from surprise AZ and she has talked about how she misses it and what not.

I'm looking for jobs around there and found quite a few (firefighter).

MY question is do you like AZ, how is the cost of living I notice that FF salary is lower there then here in KY.

Also is it always hot in AZ everywhere lol....

Thanks! Any comments appreciated.
Old 04-25-2011, 07:14 AM   #2
jmo is on a distinguished road
Marines: veteren
jmo's Tacoma Gallery
I was stationed in Yuma, AZ. I loved it. I was hot as hell though. Its not uncommon for it to get in the 110's in the summer. lol. Winter in nice 80's. It depends on where you live too. Flagstaff is in the mountains so naturally its cooler there.
Old 04-25-2011, 07:14 AM   #3
Nuttier than squirrel shit.
BFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
BFA's Tacoma Gallery
i love it here
Old 04-25-2011, 07:20 AM   #4
OH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
I am suprised there are some FF jobs available.

Yes it is hot and wages are low here for regular working folk.

Economy is pretty crappy now so if you can get a gig you can do pretty well.
The 100 degree season should start this week and continue till oh about mid to late Sept.
Most people that tell you they love the heat are not in it all day I personally do not like it.

So come on down if you have a job lined up.
Old 04-25-2011, 07:23 AM   #5
BFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BFA's Tacoma Gallery
for reals, its all about lining up a job other wise it kinda sucks but i still love it
Old 04-25-2011, 07:25 AM   #6
Hunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shed
I dont have any lined up yet, but they have quite a few open I was debating on flying in and taking a few tests see how it went.

We're going to AZ in June or July (already got tickets) forgot which months LOL

Coming in to see her family anything you guys recommend to do? I want to hit up Vegas
Old 04-25-2011, 07:27 AM   #7

BFA's Tacoma Gallery
phx fdp is considered one of the top in the nation and is harder to get into than all the other departments from what ive been told
Old 04-25-2011, 07:27 AM   #8
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry OP, BFA is your Sig picture taken on Apache trail?
Old 04-25-2011, 08:32 AM   #9
Azjohn is a splendid one to beholdAzjohn is a splendid one to beholdAzjohn is a splendid one to beholdAzjohn is a splendid one to beholdAzjohn is a splendid one to beholdAzjohn is a splendid one to behold
Marines: 4th force recon.
Name: John
Azjohn's Tacoma Gallery
YEP!
Old 04-25-2011, 08:36 AM   #10

BFA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08pretaco View Post
Sorry OP, BFA is your Sig picture taken on Apache trail?
crown king, it was a stupid accident
Old 04-25-2011, 12:46 PM   #11
RPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
RPain's Tacoma Gallery
I love arizona, summers suck but hey thats what pools and high A/C bills are for. The winters are the best tho
Old 04-25-2011, 12:54 PM   #12
When all else fails read the directions
joerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 18F-5th SFG
Name: Him
joerussell610's Tacoma Gallery
The summers are quite mild in fact living here on the Gulf Coast where it is 110 with 90% humidity. My friend lives in Gilbert, AZ and says its quite nice.
Old 04-25-2011, 12:57 PM   #13
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
i love az, i wouldnt recommend living in suprise though, everything is far from there. personally i tihnk east mesa is the best cause its not too crowded, so no traffic, and your close to the lakes and everything. theres lots of 4 wheeling trails out in east mesa too. i dont ever want to move haha. only bad thing is 120 degree summers
Old 04-25-2011, 05:26 PM   #14
Yeah I can only imagine fighting a 1200 degree fire and its already 120 degrees outside hahahA!!!!!

Well thanks for all the info guys!
Old 04-25-2011, 06:38 PM   #15
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter500ky View Post
Yeah I can only imagine fighting a 1200 degree fire and its already 120 degrees outside hahahA!!!!!

Well thanks for all the info guys!
The thing is when you're in a burning house it won't matter how hot is it outside. The heat only gets to you when your're racking hose up afterwards.

Getting a FF job out here or anywhere else will be very tough. Economy the way it is, no one is really hiring but the colleges are still putting out certification academies do there are still a lot of guys out there getting their certs but not finding a job; so it just keeps getting more and more competetive.

Don't forget that most of the perks that firefighters get aren't stated in their salary pay so they are actually making a lot more than what you are finding for pay here.

AZ is cool. I like it a lot.
Old 04-25-2011, 07:06 PM   #19
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I was born and raised in Indiana and moved out here about 8 years ago...I'll never live anywhere else!

This place has everything
Old 04-25-2011, 07:54 PM   #20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew H View Post
The thing is when you're in a burning house it won't matter how hot is it outside. The heat only gets to you when your're racking hose up afterwards.

Getting a FF job out here or anywhere else will be very tough. Economy the way it is, no one is really hiring but the colleges are still putting out certification academies do there are still a lot of guys out there getting their certs but not finding a job; so it just keeps getting more and more competetive.

Don't forget that most of the perks that firefighters get aren't stated in their salary pay so they are actually making a lot more than what you are finding for pay here.

AZ is cool. I like it a lot.

Im very competitive for a FF job so no worries there. There are actually a lot of places hiring for FF right now, just have to know where to look

I know where your coming from though, in my area I know 3 personally that just got hired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtsTRD View Post
I was born and raised in Indiana and moved out here about 8 years ago...I'll never live anywhere else!

This place has everything

Like what