R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

Speed Camera Question

Old 05-05-2011, 11:22 AM   #1
I have a shovel and no one will miss you...
TidalWave has a brilliant futureTidalWave has a brilliant futureTidalWave has a brilliant futureTidalWave has a brilliant futureTidalWave has a brilliant futureTidalWave has a brilliant futureTidalWave has a brilliant futureTidalWave has a brilliant futureTidalWave has a brilliant futureTidalWave has a brilliant futureTidalWave has a brilliant future

Name: Mendy
TidalWave's Tacoma Gallery
Speed Camera Question

Ive been googling this like crazy, but thought I would hit you guys up.

So I was driving home the other night, east on Peoria, in between Dysart and El Mirage, and bright as day, i get flashed by a mobile trailer speed camera thing. No signs, no warnings, just out there on the side of the road in the dark. Had to check to make sure thats what it was. Scared the crap out of me.

I had thought that there had to be some kind of sign/warning?
Old 05-05-2011, 11:24 AM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
THey do have to have a warning posted, iirc, 200 feet before the camera.
Old 05-05-2011, 11:28 AM   #3
Nuttier than squirrel shit.
BFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
BFA's Tacoma Gallery
throughout the day they have to take test shots to adjust the aperature and stuff so that the pictures are usable. if you werent speeding dont worry.. and yes they have to have a 300ft sign and a couple either things. i know cause i used to set those things up lol fun job but crappy circumstances
Old 05-05-2011, 12:01 PM   #4
TidalWave has a brilliant futureTidalWave has a brilliant futureTidalWave has a brilliant futureTidalWave has a brilliant futureTidalWave has a brilliant futureTidalWave has a brilliant futureTidalWave has a brilliant futureTidalWave has a brilliant futureTidalWave has a brilliant futureTidalWave has a brilliant futureTidalWave has a brilliant future

Well, i was speeding, and there were not signs. I drove past the next day, and just so we are clear- from cotton lane to el mirage, the speed limit changes.
Old 05-05-2011, 12:05 PM   #6
BFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BFA's Tacoma Gallery
the sign could have been blown away, i dunno.. i dont work there anymore i specialized in the highway vans and then swtiched to the trailers and random stuff in the city but was laid off in sept so i cant tell you if anything has changed since then i hope you dont get a ticket though.. you can always fight it if you do
Old 05-05-2011, 12:12 PM   #7

The weird thing is, i drive past it, every weekend, for say the last two months. Usually going about the same speed. That was the first time it has ever gone off. (i thought maybe someone had just dumped it out there, since literally there is nothing there) Since its a trailer- i figured id be ok since there isnt a second set of cameras, but the next day i noticed cameras facing both directions. I guess worse case, i wont be answering my door for the next few months.

thanks for the info BFA!
Old 05-05-2011, 12:20 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookedontronics View Post
That's sounds pretty stupid that they would have to have a sign before the speed trap. What's it say? Slow down, speed trap ahead 200 feet?

Old 05-05-2011, 12:32 PM   #10
Deltabox's Better Half
himmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sarah
himmie's Tacoma Gallery
I am so glad we do not have the cameras all over the 101, 10 and 17 anymore. I couldn't stand that... Not because I wanted to speed all the time, but because everyone would nearly kill themselves slamming on the brakes.

I have never noticed cameras in that area...Cotton Lane, really? Hm.
Old 05-05-2011, 12:35 PM   #11

BFA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TidalWave View Post
I probably set that one up lol.. if you do get one let me know
Old 05-05-2011, 12:35 PM   #12
REX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: SSGT, BMET
REX_111_MDG_BMET's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
just dont speed and it shouldnt be an issue.
that's too easy...
Old 05-05-2011, 12:36 PM   #13

BFA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hookedontronics View Post
That's sounds pretty stupid that they would have to have a sign before the speed trap. What's it say? Slow down, speed trap ahead 200 feet?
It was put in place by the cities as a speed deterent not as a trap
Old 05-05-2011, 12:38 PM   #15
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by himmie View Post
I am so glad we do not have the cameras all over the 101, 10 and 17 anymore. I couldn't stand that... Not because I wanted to speed all the time, but because everyone would nearly kill themselves slamming on the brakes.

x2!
Old 05-05-2011, 12:52 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by himmie View Post

Amen to that. How bout when everyone slams on their brakes, when traffic is just starting to move, to look at a DPS car sitting on the side of the road. This one was actually on Peoria, but i was coming from Cotton Lane.

I got my picture taken down in Mesa (It was 530pm, but it was a "school zone" and I had never been in that area). there were signs, but i was too busy getting really lost to notice.
Old 05-05-2011, 01:15 PM   #17
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
just dont answer your door to 3 months. and make sure you dont let anyone walk up to you when you go to your house. run your ass inside lol
Old 05-05-2011, 01:27 PM   #18
When all else fails read the directions
joerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 18F-5th SFG
Name: Him
joerussell610's Tacoma Gallery
Just send them a picture of a check. Red light cameras and speed trailors are actually illegal. They cant prove that it was you driving. You really dont have to pay. Will not get reported to ins. But if you feel the need to pay do this. Overpay the ticket when you mail it in. The state can not issue a refund or "change". Ticket gets marked as paided but they cant process it through system. No points no insurance rate increase. It really works. The best part of it is a cop told me how to do it and it has worked for 10+ years when pulled over and issued a citation.
Old 05-05-2011, 01:47 PM   #19
When all else fails read the directions
joerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 18F-5th SFG
Name: Him
joerussell610's Tacoma Gallery
I have always paid 20$ over the amount and it has worked everytime. Honestly no internet BS here brother. Everyone I ever told of this has thanked me for it.
Old 05-05-2011, 01:50 PM   #20
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.snopes.com/autos/law/ticket.asp