R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

May 28th or 29th wheeling trip?

Old 05-08-2011, 04:53 PM   #1
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
May 28th or 29th wheeling trip?

I was thinking of heading out to Gila Bend area to do some wheeling. There is a close group of about 4 trails:

Agua Caliente Road- 45 miles, book- 3 hours trip...probably more like 1.5 if that.

Robbins Butte Wildlife Area Trail- 15 miles, book- 1 hour

Margie's Peak Trail- 15 miles, book-1.5 hours

Butterfield Pass- 12 miles, book-1 hour

The drive from Phoenix to Gila Bend is about an hour and 15 minutes.

let me know if you are interested! I plan on bringing a cooler with drinks and snacks.
Old 05-08-2011, 05:06 PM   #2
Yotas For Life!
06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
06RedComa's Tacoma Gallery
Interested but last time I was down there butterfield was close as well as every other entrance to the desert but that was over a year ago
Old 05-08-2011, 05:16 PM   #3
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Hmm ill give the land "ownership" whoever people a call and ask.

Um also down to go up to Prescott and take the bradshaw mountains trail. Or any other trail if mire people are interested in.
Old 05-08-2011, 06:42 PM   #4
Deltabox's Better Half
himmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sarah
himmie's Tacoma Gallery
I may be interested. Gila Bend isn't a very far drive for me. Haha.
Old 05-08-2011, 06:45 PM   #5
G scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Garrett
G scott04's Tacoma Gallery
Lets find some trails at sycamore, Its closer
Old 05-08-2011, 06:48 PM   #6
Deltabox's Better Half
himmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sarah
himmie's Tacoma Gallery
Blah...
Old 05-08-2011, 06:50 PM   #7
Almost there

Sycamore imo is like a last minute kind of trail. If I plan it I wanna go somewhere different. I'm down for a last munute sycamore run. Depending on thursday maybe we can go after picking up the passes for the June run
Old 05-08-2011, 06:51 PM   #8
G scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by himmie View Post
Blah...
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08pretaco View Post
Sycamore imo is like a last minute kind of trail. If I plan it I wanna go somewhere different. I'm down for a last munute sycamore run. Depending on thursday maybe we can go after picking up the passes for the June run

Old 05-08-2011, 07:03 PM   #9
Almost there

Hey man nothing wrong with sycamore! I personally want to go explore more of what AZ has to offer!

If you want, we can get the pass right when your off work Thursday, then head over to sycamore!
Old 05-08-2011, 07:13 PM   #10
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I'll be up north on those dates Oli...gonna do some Trout Fishin'
Old 05-08-2011, 08:15 PM   #11
Almost there

Hmm Scott now that you mention that we ahould plan a mogillon rim trip sometime soon.
Old 05-08-2011, 10:19 PM   #12
Quote:
Hey man nothing wrong with sycamore! I personally want to go explore more of what AZ has to offer!

If you want, we can get the pass right when your off work Thursday, then head over to sycamore!
You talkin to brian? cause I'm off thursday!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtsTRD View Post
I'll be up north on those dates Oli...gonna do some Trout Fishin'
I like fishing for the carp,
even though they aren't biting this year
last two years I would catch one like every 10-20 minutes.
Old 05-09-2011, 07:11 AM   #13
Almost there

Ya sorry garret Brian and I were thinking of going to get the oasses thursday, since you don't work your more than happy to come along get thw passes, grab a bit then qt can possibly head out to sycamore
Old 05-09-2011, 10:15 AM   #14
Quote:
Ya sorry garret Brian and I were thinking of going to get the oasses thursday, since you don't work your more than happy to come along get thw passes, grab a bit then qt can possibly head out to sycamore
Ok cool.
Old 05-09-2011, 07:05 PM   #15
Chewie is my Co-pilot
YumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
YumaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Now that i think about it, I have never gone wheeling with you Oliver.
Im in for Gila Bend, even if I have to head out from Yuma.
Old 05-09-2011, 07:55 PM   #16
Almost there

Quote:
Originally Posted by yumatrd View Post
Now that i think about it, I have never gone wheeling with you Oliver.
Im in for Gila Bend, even if I have to head out from Yuma.
This indeed is very true!

I was actually thinking about you just now looking in my trails book, being in Yuma and all. I was thinking of making my way out there. They have a few cool looking trails, one is about 55 miles and takes you almost right up to the border, I would really like to check that one out!
Old 05-09-2011, 10:53 PM   #17
Chewie is my Co-pilot
YumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
YumaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
There is some small trails, but they honestly are not worth the 3 hour drive.
Unless if you miss me that much
Old 05-09-2011, 11:47 PM   #18
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by G scott04 View Post
I like fishing for the carp,
even though they aren't biting this year
last two years I would catch one like every 10-20 minutes.
The god damn things are all over the shallows at McCormick Ranch Golf Course! Must have been a hundred of them throughout the shores...they were definitely spawning

Oli I'm down to do some trails up north! We should get together one night, have a few brews and go through that trail book of yours
Old 05-10-2011, 01:19 AM   #19
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtsTRD View Post
The god damn things are all over the shallows at McCormick Ranch Golf Course! Must have been a hundred of them throughout the shores...they were definitely spawning

Oli I'm down to do some trails up north! We should get together one night, have a few brews and go through that trail book of yours
Yeah I see a bunch in the lake.. not hundreds but plenty,
just not biting! me and my friend even tried the stealth approach
(to not scare them from the shore) by casting from my behind my fence! but those dumb fish won't bite anything
Old 05-10-2011, 08:13 AM   #20
Almost there

We can take an off-road trip to 4 peaks....brewery!