R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

Tucson FR 143 report...

Old 05-21-2011, 05:48 PM   #1
I am an asshole, deal with it!
extremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Chief Fire Controlman, Phalanx, CG-49, LCC-19, FFG-37, LPWS C-RAM 5-5 ADA A Battery
Name: Turd Furgison
extremachn1's Tacoma Gallery
Tucson FR 143 report...

So I got off work early today and decided to take a run out to 4 peaks south of Tucson on FR 143 that I had seen on google earth.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...=UTF8&t=h&z=13

It was a fun road. Most of the road can be done in 2wd (a locker would help) but was much more fun in 4wd. There were a few very loose steep area, beautiful scenery. There are a ton of off shoots that look very harsh. I wanted to run a few of them but i didnt have any self recovery gear or anyone in case I broke. There were a few spots along a cliff edge that my rear tire was pushing debris over the side of the cliff. There is on spot I wasnt paying attention and did a little damage to my truck. Nothing major, you will see in the pics.

I think for the Tucson crowd this could be a good exploring place because there are TONS of random turn offs that appear to get very very technical.
Old 05-21-2011, 07:56 PM   #2
extremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Chief Fire Controlman, Phalanx, CG-49, LCC-19, FFG-37, LPWS C-RAM 5-5 ADA A Battery
Here are some pics from my wheeling. Alot of fun

Old 05-21-2011, 09:02 PM   #3
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
awesome pictures. How you liking Arizona so far?
Old 05-21-2011, 09:06 PM   #4
I am really liking it. I dont mind the heat (actually kinda like it) and I grey up in San Diego being a desert rat so I really do feel at home here. I am seriously considering buying a place down here since I am here so much, especially considering how cheap houses are right now.
Old 05-21-2011, 09:07 PM   #5
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremachn1 View Post
I am really liking it. I dont mind the heat (actually kinda like it) and I grey up in San Diego being a desert rat so I really do feel at home here. I am seriously considering buying a place down here since I am here so much, especially considering how cheap houses are right now.
Nice man. Where do you stay when you're in town? Friend? Family?
Old 05-21-2011, 09:20 PM   #6
I am a hotel junkie when I am in town right now. I work for Raytheon so me being here I am on "travel" so they pay for it. If I move down here it will be on me though. I normally stay in the north end of town. Marana, Oro valley area. I like it up this way.
Old 05-22-2011, 08:44 PM   #7
OH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
Great pics sir!

As far as the heat goes just wait about a month!
Thanks for the pics looks like a good trail to take.
Old 05-22-2011, 09:30 PM   #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by OH-MAN View Post
Great pics sir!

As far as the heat goes just wait about a month!
Thanks for the pics looks like a good trail to take.
Trust me, I am used to the heat. I spend alot of time working in the desert of Yuma and nothing Arizona can throw at me beats 135+ in full body armor of Iraq and the humidity of Afghanistan.

Thanks, I am looking forward to exploring more of the trails and roads off FR 143 but need a second person on some of the more extreme trails in case something goes wrong.
Old 05-22-2011, 09:41 PM   #9
OH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremachn1 View Post
Trust me, I am used to the heat. I spend alot of time working in the desert of Yuma and nothing Arizona can throw at me beats 135+ in full body armor of Iraq and the humidity of Afghanistan.

Thanks, I am looking forward to exploring more of the trails and roads off FR 143 but need a second person on some of the more extreme trails in case something goes wrong.
Yes indeed we only have hit 122 so fully loaded at 135 is way too hot for me!!!!!!!
Old 05-23-2011, 03:25 PM   #10
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
next time you go post in the az section a couple days ahead of time and m most likely there!
Old 05-23-2011, 10:33 PM   #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97yota4wd View Post
next time you go post in the az section a couple days ahead of time and m most likely there!
I will definatly post up. There are a lot of side roads I want to explore. I probably wont post up any more potential wheeling until after I get back from Yuma. But after that its on. I have guy from work with a mild jeep that wants to hit the trails too.
Old 05-25-2011, 01:26 AM   #12
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
I'm off the next 4 days if you have some time and wanna explore man. I head down to Tucson quite a bit anyway.
Old 05-27-2011, 10:56 AM   #13
KYOU,
Lets do it... I am off saturday, sunday, monday with nothing to do.

Post upo here.. http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/ari...ml#post3230606
Old 05-28-2011, 06:34 AM   #15
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
i hit you up on pm. I'm down for mid day today