R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

FS: Custom sub box for Access Cab '05+

Old 05-24-2011, 10:34 AM   #1
I need to go return some videotapes...
Seabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
FS: Custom sub box for Access Cab '05+

SOLD - Thanks for shopping

I have for sale a custom fiberglass subwoofer box that was made to fit in the back of my '06 access cab. This box fits directly into the entire area under both rear seats. Using this box means losing your rear under-seat storage, but adding 2 6" subs under the seats for some nice and tight punchy bass. The box is fiberglass (very solid and heavy) and the top board is covered with grey vinyl upholstering for a clean look.

This box came already installed when I bought the truck back in '06, and I only amped it up once to test it out and it pounds very solid. I ran 150 watts RMS to each speaker and it handled it very well. The only reason I didn't leave it hooked up is that I didn't want to install an amp under my seat because the kids would end up kicking it and tearing up the wiring. Another amp mounting solution would have worked, or a smaller amp, but I didn't have the time or energy to deal with it.

Side view showing the custom shape to drop right in to your access cab storage space

Because it holds 2 6" Punch subs (or whatever 6" subs you want to put in it), the bass is high and tight. I was able to get it to hit in the 50 hz range though, so it can hit lows when it's crossed over. This is also a sealed box.

Note the screw holes in the edge where they attached the mounting blocks to raise the seats

The only trick with installation is that the installer had bolted/screwed in some carpeted wooden blocks where the seat hinges originally were mounted, then screwed the seat hinges into those lift blocks to elevate the hinges of the rear folding seats. Then, there were also carpeted blocks screwed in to the bottom of the seats to keep them level and to keep the woofer from touching the seats, and also support the weight of any passengers (my 2 kids rode back there all the time). This install allows the seat belts to still work fine, and the seats sat about 3-4" higher than factory. I got rid of the blocks because I thought I was just going to ditch this thing, but I figured I'd post it up here for someone who might be interested in using it.

These speakers are NOT blown and work/look great. This thing was literally brand new when I bought the truck, I just never used it except for 10 minutes of testing it out about 4 years ago. The seats stayed over them the entire time. The subs have no holes in them, aren't all dry and cracked, etc. Sorry I don't know the model of the subs because I didn't feel like unmounting them from the box to get the model number and pull the specs.

I'm asking $100 cash or best offer for this box with the speakers. I will not ship this thing because it's about 50 lbs, so local pickups only. I live in Gilbert but commute to Scottsdale on weekdays.

There aren't many solutions out there for an Access Cab 05+ to have any bass, and this box means you don't have to butcher your center console or have anything showing. It's the best stealth box for an Access Cab I have ever seen, and the price is unbeatable. My loss is your gain.
Old 05-25-2011, 12:22 AM   #2
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
Wow man that's a steal at that prices, good luck with the sale!
Old 05-25-2011, 10:32 AM   #3
Seabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks Jake.

Wednesday bump!
Old 05-25-2011, 01:19 PM   #4

Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
No takers? I thought this would have been gone yesterday.
Old 05-27-2011, 08:42 AM   #5

Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
Payday bump!
Old 05-27-2011, 08:49 AM   #6
TheTacoTruck is on a distinguished road

Name: Scott
TheTacoTruck's Tacoma Gallery
Too bad your not in PA!
Old 05-27-2011, 10:38 AM   #7

Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTacoTruck View Post
Too bad your not in PA!
I'm contemplating shipping this to anyone that is willing to have it shipped. I haven't weighed it so I can't give any quotes yet but if I decide to ship I'll get it weighed and throw some numbers around.
Old 06-01-2011, 08:00 PM   #8
bailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: ex-navy, IT Contractor
Name: Cody
bailerc's Tacoma Gallery
what would be the price if you were willing to ship to hillman, MI 49746
Old 06-02-2011, 03:36 PM   #9

Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry everyone, I decided to keep it local. I don't want to deal with packaging and shipping this thing when I'm selling it so cheap. Local pick-up only to the Phoenix, AZ area.
Old 06-02-2011, 03:51 PM   #10
Hiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hiatt
Hiatt1991's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Hiatt1991
Damn. When is the next time you'll be near Los Angeles?
Old 06-08-2011, 11:02 AM   #11

Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
Originally asking $100 cash, but make me an offer. I want this out of my garage.
Old 06-08-2011, 11:08 AM   #12
Class IV Category 8 Elite VIP Member (Only)
BradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bradley
BradleyScottETC's Tacoma Gallery
Got any pics of it installed?
Old 06-08-2011, 01:51 PM   #13

Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradleyScottETC View Post
Got any pics of it installed?
Unfortunately no. I was just pulling it out to see if the jack kit was underneath it, and I was going to put it back in. I decided to just leave it out and put the seats back to stock height.
Old 06-08-2011, 07:44 PM   #14
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
BUMP!
Old 06-17-2011, 01:26 PM   #15
MacGyvR is one of the sharper tools in the shedMacGyvR is one of the sharper tools in the shedMacGyvR is one of the sharper tools in the shedMacGyvR is one of the sharper tools in the shedMacGyvR is one of the sharper tools in the shedMacGyvR is one of the sharper tools in the shedMacGyvR is one of the sharper tools in the shedMacGyvR is one of the sharper tools in the shedMacGyvR is one of the sharper tools in the shedMacGyvR is one of the sharper tools in the shedMacGyvR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tom
MacGyvR's Tacoma Gallery
If this would fit in my 1st gen I'd take it. Sorry dude.
Old 06-17-2011, 04:52 PM   #16
"I'd Rather Live, Than Live Forever"
Moose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
Moose1988's Tacoma Gallery
damn Seabass.. If i still had my 06 access cab this would be gone already. Good luck with the sale.. Ill spread the word.
Old 06-17-2011, 05:01 PM   #17
Nightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Felipe
Nightstr's Tacoma Gallery
Damn! If only you shipped...
Old 06-20-2011, 04:44 PM   #18
pizza is on a distinguished road

Army: 15T Blackhawk crew chief 25th ID
Name: Ryan
pizza's Tacoma Gallery
This probably won't fit in a 2010 4door huh?
Old 06-23-2011, 04:03 AM   #19
Disco Disco...
SGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: NBCNCO, HHC, 1-158 INF
SGT Taco's Tacoma Gallery
okay i will take it. when and where?
Old 07-25-2011, 04:19 PM   #20

Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
Ok this thing needs to leave my garage. First one takes it, free.

Scott, sorry we had a tough time connecting. It's still available if you want to come by and get it. I'm in Peoria, near 67th ave and Happy Valley.