R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

Tucson Wheeling Part 2

Old 05-27-2011, 10:56 AM   #1
I am an asshole, deal with it!
extremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Chief Fire Controlman, Phalanx, CG-49, LCC-19, FFG-37, LPWS C-RAM 5-5 ADA A Battery
Name: Turd Furgison
extremachn1's Tacoma Gallery
Tucson Wheeling Part 2

Who is up for some wheeling this long weekend down in Tucson? I am free Sat, Sun, Monday with nothing to do and am game for some offroad fun before i head to Yuma... Post up on here, lets go exploring!!!
Old 05-27-2011, 10:59 AM   #2
extremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Chief Fire Controlman, Phalanx, CG-49, LCC-19, FFG-37, LPWS C-RAM 5-5 ADA A Battery
BTW, I have no clue where to go other than FR 143 but I am sure I can find a few other forestry roads on google earth tonight.
Old 05-28-2011, 02:45 AM   #3
Who needs 4WD?
neslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Harrelsen
neslerrah's Tacoma Gallery
Have you gone out to Reddington? A great place to wheel in the Tucson area. You can go to Chiva Falls or Chimney Rock. Wish I could wheel with you, I am will be leaving for N. AZ in the morning.
Old 05-28-2011, 08:57 AM   #4
Please tell (google maps) where those places are. I wont hit them this weekend but I would be interested in hitting them up another weekend.
Old 05-28-2011, 09:00 AM   #5
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
Chiva is pretty epic man, and I'm willing to go today if you're still down btw
Old 05-28-2011, 09:28 AM   #6
I have to drop my motorcycle off at the shop first, but after that I am.
Old 05-28-2011, 10:44 PM   #7
Well,
We did a run up to Chiva (chivo) falls today with Jake (Kyouto42), his friend Adam riding shotgun, and myself. It was good fun run, glad we did it. We both came out of it unscathed. The only real damage was my Avid steps took some scratches and the lining got scartched off the bottom. I could care less about that, it did what it was supposed to do.
I would love to do the run again sometime soon. I was highly impressed with the locker/a-trac combination on the TRD OR trucks. It definatly left me wanting. I cleared everything Kyouto42 did but there were a few that I had to take differant lines. Plus where his truck finessed its way up the steep slippery stuff my truck (TRD SPRT) used brute force and I just floored the supercharged 4.0 and let the tires spin until I got some good traction. I had to bump it/e-brake start it a few places because my truck would loose traction as one front wheel and one back wheel got light. But all in all it was a blast. Below are some pics and videos (jake has more). I dont know what is up with the funky colors but it works.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...Falls&t=h&z=12

Pics and vids are uploading, I will update once they are on the net.
Old 05-29-2011, 07:34 AM   #8
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

It was a lot of fun! Good to meet Chas and a fun guy to wheel with, that truck's a beast with that supercharger! I'll upload some videos and the few pics I have within the next couple of days.
Old 05-29-2011, 10:05 AM   #9
Taco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Taco Gunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I just floored the supercharged 4.0 and let the tires spin until I got some good traction.
That destroys the shit out of trails.......

The OHV use in AZ has seen a huge uptick over the past decade but it is also under constant threat. Until we learn to respect the trails and keep them serviceable, we will be fighting to keep them open and will have only ourselves to blame when they close them.

Tread Lightly....
Old 05-29-2011, 12:26 PM   #10
Iron Beard

It really didn't tear anything up dude, it's pretty much all granite out there, all that really got torn up is his tires...
Old 05-29-2011, 02:07 PM   #11
All I did was spin tires in the air and on bare rock. I wasnt digging holes or tearing anything up. The problem is I dont have a locker, so when I get a wheel off the ground, that one just spins and no power to the other wheel. No tearing up of the trail, no damage done. No worries. Like was said, all I did was tear up my tires until I got enough purchase that it pulled me up.