Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

getting a tacoma in a couple weeks

Old 06-11-2011, 09:30 AM   #1
Rowski is on a distinguished road
Name: Martin
Rowski's Tacoma Gallery
getting a tacoma in a couple weeks

Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm getting a 2011 TRD off road prerunner in a couple weeks. I wanted the 4x4 but i can't justify the extra cost. This will be my first respectable truck. I had a 2000 s10 a long time ago but it was garbage. Can't wait!
Old 06-11-2011, 10:45 AM   #2
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowski View Post
Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm getting a 2011 TRD off road prerunner in a couple weeks. I wanted the 4x4 but i can't justify the extra cost. This will be my first respectable truck. I had a 2000 s10 a long time ago but it was garbage. Can't wait!
Congrats man and welcome from Scottsdale
Old 06-11-2011, 11:42 AM   #3
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome!
Old 06-11-2011, 11:52 AM   #4
the Nightman cometh!
jjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome aboard! I know the cost is a lot more, and you will probably hardly use (like my me) but I regret not getting 4 wheel drive.
Old 06-11-2011, 12:13 PM   #5
Rowski's Tacoma Gallery
is the 4x4 really necessary? i mean, i wont be going anywhere too crazy. i figured the locking rear diff would be enough.
Old 06-11-2011, 12:16 PM   #6
Cybertronian Tacoma
TacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
TacomaPrime's Tacoma Gallery
I live near chicago illinois and am getting a prerunner in a week. I think you will be ok.
Old 06-11-2011, 12:23 PM   #7
Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!
TacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
TacoDawgfan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
is the 4x4 really necessary? i mean, i wont be going anywhere too crazy. i figured the locking rear diff would be enough.
Welcome.

That is up to you to decide, but imo get what you want from the start. I have settled in the past and have learned my lesson.
Old 06-11-2011, 12:35 PM   #8
Nuttier than squirrel shit.
BFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
BFA's Tacoma Gallery
do you plan on doing trails? do you plan on going places that require a 4x4? i think you should watch some offroad videos and see if you are interested in any of that cause if you do end up going out to the desert and stuff its better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.. if you plan on just keeping it on the street your fine

welcome
Old 06-11-2011, 12:38 PM   #9
the Nightman cometh!
jjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Don't get me wrong, I looooovvveeee my truck, and I will keep her forever, and I have little to no use for 4x4 (in 6 years only once it may have helped, but I did fine with out), but it would be fun to have. I thought of a great anallogy while typing this, I love my wife and will not ever let her go, but if I went back in time I may have gotten bigger boobs out of the deal, not because they are needed, just fun to play with. I kid! Seriously though, I'm with TacoDawgfan, I settled (with the truck, not my wife).

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoDawgfan View Post
Welcome.

That is up to you to decide, but imo get what you want from the start. I have settled in the past and have learned my lesson.
Old 06-11-2011, 01:01 PM   #11
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

maybe just getta base 4x4 and skip the TRD bullshit...I wish I would've...given the locker is awesome...but its no 4x4

all your gonna do is ditch the "upgraded Bilstein Shocks"....so essentially your paying more for stuff your not goona use lol...
Old 06-11-2011, 01:03 PM   #12
avidoffroad.com
McJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
McJosh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtsTRD View Post
maybe just getta base 4x4 and skip the TRD bullshit...I wish I would've...given the locker is awesome...but its no 4x4

all your gonna do is ditch the "upgraded Bilstein Shocks"....so essentially your paying more for stuff your not goona use lol...
bilsteins and color matched flares.ha
Old 06-11-2011, 01:05 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by McJosh View Post
bilsteins and color matched flares.ha
exactly...not worth the extra loot. But I am happy I have a locker. It "for the most part" has gotten me where I wanna go and back
Old 06-11-2011, 01:31 PM   #14
hvac is on a distinguished road

hvac's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
back in 2000 when I was doing a test drive on a Chevy s10 has more features than a Tacoma .. I was gonna buy the S10 then I saw Tacoma 4X4 had larger tires look cool and heard alot of negative about S10 so I bought Tacoma never had any problem with it & I missed it when I traded for a DC .. and I'm glad I did!!! Dude get a 4X4 !!! trust me you won't regret it!!!
Old 06-11-2011, 01:51 PM   #15
Morto un papa, se ne fa un'altro
motorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: EOD TEU1, MU 8, BUD/s 225, MA 9545
Name: Jason
motorsport36's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to the gang. I love my pre runner. Sometimes I wish I ah the 4x4 but I'm happy with mine. It's too much money for me to justify
Old 06-11-2011, 04:05 PM   #16
Rowski's Tacoma Gallery
the thing about the 4x4 is, i wont be lifting it and i wont be driving it in the snow. the only thing i would use it for is to get me out if i was too ambitious and got stuck. in that scenario though, i'm better off spending 600 bucks on a winch and the hardware that goes with it than 3k on a 4x4 switch. i feel like the 4x4 would only need to be steadily used in a situation where i would also need it to be lifted. am i wrong?
Old 06-11-2011, 09:23 PM   #17
I have a shovel and no one will miss you...
TidalWave has a brilliant futureTidalWave has a brilliant futureTidalWave has a brilliant futureTidalWave has a brilliant futureTidalWave has a brilliant futureTidalWave has a brilliant futureTidalWave has a brilliant futureTidalWave has a brilliant futureTidalWave has a brilliant futureTidalWave has a brilliant futureTidalWave has a brilliant future

Name: Mendy
TidalWave's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome from Peoria! Go with what you think you'll use!
Old 06-11-2011, 10:19 PM   #18
Rowski's Tacoma Gallery
Bit the bullet and told my salesman to find me a 4x4.

Where in peoria? I'm at 83rd and beardsley.
Old 06-12-2011, 03:33 AM   #19
Taco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Taco Gunner's Tacoma Gallery
I think in AZ, 4 x's are easier to sell.

I would rather have it and not need than not have it and need it. I do not like being hampered by lack of capabilities. AZ has way too much to offer and a lot of needs a truck with some dedicated capes.
Old 06-12-2011, 08:35 AM   #20
Morto un papa, se ne fa un'altro
motorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: EOD TEU1, MU 8, BUD/s 225, MA 9545
Name: Jason
motorsport36's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Bit the bullet and told my salesman to find me a 4x4.

Where in peoria? I'm at 83rd and beardsley.
83rd and Tbird for me