R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

Moving to Tuscon

Old 06-23-2011, 09:31 PM   #1
I miss my Taco
Zombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Zombie's Tacoma Gallery
Moving to Tuscon

So my wife and I are moving to Tucson in a bout a week. Anyone else in that area? Any meets or good hang outs around that area?
Old 07-05-2011, 10:32 PM   #2
xtotalanarcoix is a jewel in the roughxtotalanarcoix is a jewel in the roughxtotalanarcoix is a jewel in the roughxtotalanarcoix is a jewel in the rough

xtotalanarcoix's Tacoma Gallery
I'm down here and I know there are also other members floating around. There was a pretty good Tucson Taco turn out at the Project Grad Extreme show last year.
Old 07-06-2011, 11:31 AM   #3
I miss my Taco
Zombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Zombie's Tacoma Gallery
Are there any meets in Tucson?
Old 07-06-2011, 11:33 AM   #4
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
not that i know of... theres quite a bit in the valley
Old 07-06-2011, 12:27 PM   #5
I miss my Taco

Zombie's Tacoma Gallery
Where exactly is the Valley? And it surprises me that there isn't any meets around here, bc Tucson is huge.
Old 07-06-2011, 12:32 PM   #6
Self Proclaimed first gen expert :doh:
Greensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Greensystemsgo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
Where exactly is the Valley? And it surprises me that there isn't any meets around here, bc Tucson is huge.
The valley is phoenix and surrounding suburbs. With those suburbs its one of the largest cities.

Attached Thumbnails
Moving to Tuscon-phoenixvtoucson.jpg  
Old 07-06-2011, 01:35 PM   #7
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in Tucson. What part of town you moving to?
Old 07-06-2011, 05:31 PM   #8
I am an asshole, deal with it!
extremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Chief Fire Controlman, Phalanx, CG-49, LCC-19, FFG-37, LPWS C-RAM 5-5 ADA A Battery
Name: Turd Furgison
extremachn1's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to Tucson. Not from here myself but down here for work a lot and happen to have my truck down here and always good for some offroading.

Havent seen any kinds of meets here, most are up in Phoenix area.
Old 07-06-2011, 09:08 PM   #9
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremachn1 View Post
Welcome to Tucson. Not from here myself but down here for work a lot and happen to have my truck down here and always good for some offroading.

Havent seen any kinds of meets here, most are up in Phoenix area.
Had a very mini-meet at my house today. Had some fools over drinking up my beer while I was fine-tuning my kegerator. Good times.
Old 07-06-2011, 09:35 PM   #10
I miss my Taco

Zombie's Tacoma Gallery
I live on the UA campus. Would be nice to meet some people who know the area, so I can learn the local spots.
Old 07-06-2011, 09:46 PM   #11
extremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Chief Fire Controlman, Phalanx, CG-49, LCC-19, FFG-37, LPWS C-RAM 5-5 ADA A Battery
I am in town for the next 2 months at least. I am down speedway a ways at one of the hotels but I am always stopping by some of the pubs and good eating places around the U of A.

If this rain continues for another day or two I might be up for a run out to Chiva falls this weekend to see if the falls are flowing. Or there is a good fun road just south that I found, Forestry road 143. I put up some pictures and a ride report in the Arizona section if you search for it. I am game for doing some exploring as well.
Old 07-07-2011, 09:53 AM   #12
xtotalanarcoix is a jewel in the roughxtotalanarcoix is a jewel in the roughxtotalanarcoix is a jewel in the roughxtotalanarcoix is a jewel in the rough

I love chiva falls when there is water flowing, great times! It has been at least three years since I've been able to make it out there, really miss it. I cant wait to finish my SAS runner project and get back to wheeling. I drove past sh!t creek yesterday and it had plenty of water for wheeling through.

Hahaha my current taco isnt the best at off roading

Old 07-07-2011, 01:11 PM   #13
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtotalanarcoix View Post

Hell man, air up those bags and you will be just fine!!!
Old 07-07-2011, 01:16 PM   #14
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I love chiva falls when there is water flowing, great times! It has been at least three years since I've been able to make it out there, really miss it. I cant wait to finish my SAS runner project and get back to wheeling. I drove past sh!t creek yesterday and it had plenty of water for wheeling through.

pretty badass man! i think it would be cool to have a truck like that some day...

but i want a subaru, a prerunner, a sas runner, a dropped taco, and a diesel to tow my shit. yeah..... maybe when i win the lottery hah
Old 07-07-2011, 07:04 PM   #15

hahaha yeah I am working on three of the five right now. I wish diesel trucks weren't so freaking expensive! I have a feeling that the 3.slow in the runner wouldn't be too happy if I tried to tow a double trailer with two minis on it.
Old 07-14-2011, 07:52 AM   #16
RINZLER
T4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Stefen
T4C0CH40S's Tacoma Gallery
someone say tucson?? haha just browsin through the threads and saw this one, I'm in Tucson as well. When theres a Tucson meet someone let me know!!
Old 07-14-2011, 05:15 PM   #17
I am free for the next 3 days, thinking of taking a moderate/easy drive through some of the local trails if someone wants to around the Tucson area. Send me a PM if you want.
Old 07-15-2011, 02:48 AM   #18
Who needs 4WD?
neslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Harrelsen
neslerrah's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm down here and I know there are also other members floating around. There was a pretty good Tucson Taco turn out at the Project Grad Extreme show last year.
Hello and welcome to Tucson...

Here are pictures from Project Grad.

Since the Tucson community is growing, maybe we can get something going... I live in NW Tucson, near Tucson Mall.
Old 07-16-2011, 09:24 PM   #19
Buggys3sgte is on a distinguished road
Name: !@$*
Buggys3sgte's Tacoma Gallery
Tucson also but i don't have a 4x4 right now, maybe in a few months or years lol. Will you guys pull me out if i get stuck???
Old 07-16-2011, 11:09 PM   #20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buggys3sgte View Post
Tucson also but i don't have a 4x4 right now, maybe in a few months or years lol. Will you guys pull me out if i get stuck???
Sure... I have a tow strap, 4x4, and plenty of power. It will cost you a pint of beer though, thats the going price.