R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

4 cylinder 4wd Phoenix Area

Old 06-26-2011, 11:41 PM   #1
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
4 cylinder 4wd Phoenix Area

Whosever got one please shoot me a PM, I would love to meet up with you to check the truck out. If not I will just go to the dealer and see if they have one, would rather shoot the shit with a fellow member though.

thanks!
Old 07-02-2011, 09:23 AM   #2
TacomaHarry is on a distinguished road
TacomaHarry's Tacoma Gallery
What are you looking for ?

Mine is a 2005
Attached Thumbnails
4 cylinder 4wd Phoenix Area-0514111448a.jpg  
Old 07-02-2011, 09:27 AM   #3
Nuttier than squirrel shit.
BFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
BFA's Tacoma Gallery
isnt outkasts truck a 4cyl 4x4?
Old 07-02-2011, 09:30 AM   #4
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Ya he PM'd me already.

Im trying to research the 4 cylinder 4wd transmission and t-case dimensions to see if thats something I could fit onto my truck, reason I want to do so is so that I can take advantage of the 4 low capability in order to achieve extremely low gearing. I think that with the locker would make an awesome set-up but not sure how everything would line up.
Old 07-02-2011, 09:34 AM   #5
BFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BFA's Tacoma Gallery
do you have a tcase for that new transmission you got?
Old 07-02-2011, 09:38 AM   #6
Almost there

I need a new trans so I technically don't have anything yet which is why i want to research first. I know engaging wiring will need to be done amd I'm pretty sure ill have yo shorten the driveshaft but i cant think of ajyyhing else off the top of my head without seeing the setup.

Unless you guys can think of more
Old 07-02-2011, 09:44 AM   #7

BFA's Tacoma Gallery
thats basically it, unless its different with a 2nd gen but if you can find a trans with tcase attached great otherwise you can mount the tcase to an auto trans but youd need a longer output shaft.. and your drive shaft will be like 10in shorter or something like that.. the speed sensor on 1st gens are also move back from the trans to the back of the tcase and the various wiring on the tcase are mostly just safety things and then i just realized 2nd gens have that weird actuator thingy on it and its got all that electronic crap on it.. are you going to find a manual shifter tcase?

and i aint no expert and im probably wrong somewhere in there
Old 07-02-2011, 10:36 AM   #8
Almost there

No manual shifter case, I was thinking of just wiring it to a switch in the cab. These are all preliminary thought which is why I need yo check one out and see if its worth it
Old 07-02-2011, 11:43 AM   #9

BFA's Tacoma Gallery
it would be nice but for the work and the money and parts etc i think your better off just swapping in a new trans and calling it good so you can get back on the road sooner but thats my .02
Old 07-02-2011, 11:47 AM   #10
Almost there

Well after some reasearch, I can add the t case anytime I want using my transmission so there really isnt anything special. So I decided to just get the tranmission then save up a little more money and make yhis my xmas present and do it over winter break
Old 07-02-2011, 11:49 AM   #11

BFA's Tacoma Gallery
i would look into getting a manual tcase.. they are so much cooler