R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

Tint, tires, and alignments...

Old 06-27-2011, 10:35 PM   #1
Gun Toting Gearhead
0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
0uTkAsT's Tacoma Gallery
Tint, tires, and alignments...

Hey guys, I'd like some recommendations from the local folks if you wouldn't mind?

First, I'd like to know of a good place to get windows tinted for a fair price. Tint is going in a small single-cab truck with no sliding rear window, and I'm only looking to go 30% or so, not very dark, just to keep it cooler in the summer.

I'd also like recommendations for a good shop to install a set of front shocks and do an alignment. Matt told me Firestone does lifetime alignments for $160 which is cool but I've also heard they can do shitty work.

Finally, I need a few 265 Hankook AT-Ms and there's been a lot of talk in here about cheap tire shops and such, so I'm wondering if anyone knows of the best place that stocks Hankooks? I'd appreciate it!
Old 06-27-2011, 10:38 PM   #2
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Question 1: I know a good shop here in Phoenix, but it'd be a bit of a drive for you. I'm friends with the owner's son, and I was suppose to work there actually this summer, but it didn't work out. They specialize in audio, alarms, and tint.

Question 2: Wil at Sierra Expeditions in Tempe does some solid work. I'd hit him up. I'd go down the street to Schumans for an alignment then after

Question 3: Ask Himmie. I think she can swing some kind of deal on tires. You could also hit up 08pretaco. He works at Dezer Rat in Tempe.
Old 06-28-2011, 05:55 AM   #3
Gun Toting Gearhead
0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

0uTkAsT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmack View Post
Question 1: I know a good shop here in Phoenix, but it'd be a bit of a drive for you. I'm friends with the owner's son, and I was suppose to work there actually this summer, but it didn't work out. They specialize in audio, alarms, and tint.

Question 2: Wil at Sierra Expeditions in Tempe does some solid work. I'd hit him up. I'd go down the street to Schumans for an alignment then after

Question 3: Ask Himmie. I think she can swing some kind of deal on tires. You could also hit up 08pretaco. He works at Dezer Rat in Tempe.
Awesome, thank you for the suggestions!!
Old 06-28-2011, 06:48 AM   #4
Nom Nom Nom
05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
05RedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmack View Post

+1 on Shumans, they aligned the front end on my truck and did an awesome job!

Save $$ and do the shocks yourself! All you need for that is some hand tools, beer, spring compressor and more beer. I know Steve (OH-MAN) has BADASS spring compressor as well, seen that bad boy in action!
Old 06-28-2011, 07:32 AM   #5
"I'd Rather Live, Than Live Forever"
Moose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Moose1988's Tacoma Gallery
I Have spring compressors as well Josh. We an knock those out this weekend.

Direct Tires here In Tempe off Priest and Elliot has good deals. Tires, rims, alignment. My buddy did his whole set up there. That's where i was going to go with my 06.

Dude.. I go into Desert Rat all the time.. Ive never seen or even knew there was a TW member working there. Lol. Damn.. need to go in there again.
Old 06-28-2011, 07:33 AM   #6
Moose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

.....and dont you have all-terrains right now?
Old 06-28-2011, 07:41 AM   #7
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
Ya I work there lol come say hi some time Josh!

For my alignment I go to network which is great! 3 month warranty and they never complain, at least not yet, when I come back every month and tell them I hit a potholes lol
Old 06-28-2011, 07:47 AM   #8

Sweet man. I'll be lookin for some icon coil overs, UCA'S, and rear resi's soon. Some black magics. The list is forever long. Lol

Josh you gonna do this stuff this weekend? I'm gonna tackle my Satoshi. If you wanna do a mini mod day let me know. Lol
Old 06-28-2011, 10:34 AM   #9
xSectionxEightx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxSectionxEightx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxSectionxEightx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxSectionxEightx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxSectionxEightx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxSectionxEightx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxSectionxEightx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxSectionxEightx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxSectionxEightx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxSectionxEightx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxSectionxEightx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

xSectionxEightx's Tacoma Gallery
I'm pretty sure tire masters stocks hankooks at their warehouse. They have really good prices. If ya wanna give them a shot their # is 623-869-8695
Old 06-28-2011, 10:37 AM   #10
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08WhiteTaco View Post
+1 on Shumans, they aligned the front end on my truck and did an awesome job!

Save $$ and do the shocks yourself! All you need for that is some hand tools, beer, spring compressor and more beer. I know Steve (OH-MAN) has BADASS spring compressor as well, seen that bad boy in action!
I had them re-do my entire steering for me a couple years ago as well. Good guys.

And yeah you can hit up Steve as well for a spring compressor. I probably will be soon. I've seen him use it a few times.
Old 06-28-2011, 03:40 PM   #11
Gun Toting Gearhead

0uTkAsT's Tacoma Gallery
Woo, thanks for all the responses guys. Good to know about the spring compressors. Thanks for the rec's on the shops too. I take the the general consensus is to not fall for the lifetime alignment thing at Firestone?

Oliver, I still need to stop in there and say hey sometime.

Josh, I don't have the I have the shocks yet. I'm putting 5100s under the front to level the truck until I figure out what kind of suspension I ultimately want to go with but I haven't ordered them yet. Let me know when you're doing your grille, we can definitely work something out! As for the tires, I have three 265 Rugged Fails, a 245 spare, and one Hankook Dynapro ATM. The Hankook has been awesome, but the Rugged Fails fail ruggedly and they're pretty worn out. The undersized spare sucks too so I'd like to use the best BFG to replace it.
Old 06-28-2011, 07:23 PM   #12

got ya.. alright man. Well im not sure what day I'll be doin the grill. depends on if I'll be up North or not. Ill keep you posted though for sure man. Hopefully you get the shocks and tires figured out man.
Old 06-28-2011, 08:34 PM   #13
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
For alignments I go to Schumans

For Tires I go to Discount Tire, I got my Hankooks ATMs there for $580 OTD with warranty in a 265/75/16

I need to get my tint done too so
Old 06-28-2011, 08:45 PM   #14
Gun Toting Gearhead

0uTkAsT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose1988 View Post
got ya.. alright man. Well im not sure what day I'll be doin the grill. depends on if I'll be up North or not. Ill keep you posted though for sure man. Hopefully you get the shocks and tires figured out man.
Sounds good. Tires aren't real urgent, but I'd like to get the 5100s to put on soon. I'll probably order them this week, and since you have a spring compressor and Matt will be in town maybe we can set aside a Saturday or something for a mini mod day?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtsTRD View Post
For alignments I go to Schumans

For Tires I go to Discount Tire, I got my Hankooks ATMs there for $580 OTD with warranty in a 265/75/16

I need to get my tint done too so
Wow, everyone loves Schumans. I've never heard of the place but I think I'm sold. I got the Hankook I have at Discount, and I like Discount because they're all over which is good for warranties and such.

Still open for more tint shops.
Old 06-28-2011, 09:32 PM   #15

yeah man.. we can get a mod day goin. we can get Matt's lazy ass to wire up his Halo's. maybe ill have some black magics to wire up as well.

Discount tire is always good for tires. My Uncle is a higher up at Discount. I got my BFG AT's for some low price.. i cant remember it was years ago.
Old 06-28-2011, 10:21 PM   #17
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
i can help with the shocks also!
Old 06-29-2011, 07:27 AM   #19

Yeah man.. ill see. I told him a few weeks ago i was looking for some Toyo Open Country's.. so maybe I can put in an order for three hankooks too.

We could try for the 9th or 10th for the mod day..
Old 06-29-2011, 03:10 PM   #20
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cr250jumper's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose1988 View Post
Yeah man.. ill see. I told him a few weeks ago i was looking for some Toyo Open Country's.. so maybe I can put in an order for three hankooks too.

We could try for the 9th or 10th for the mod day..
Damn I would be down to help but I leave for New York City the 9th-15th. I will probably miss the Underdog mini-meet too