R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

July 9th: Hull Cabin, Coconino Rim Trail, Gray Mountain Road

Old 07-03-2011, 07:34 PM   #1
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
July 9th: Hull Cabin, Coconino Rim Trail, Gray Mountain Road

I got the day off and was thinking of heading north towards Flag. Found a few fun looking trails. All trails are just north of Flag about 50 miles or so.

Hull Cabin: 13.7 Miles, 1 Hour, rating of 2

Coconino Rim: 21 Miles, 2.5 Hours, rating of 3

Gray Mountain: 22.2 Miles, 2.25 Hours, rating of 2

I was thinking of heading up to Arizona 64 then starting out on Hull Cabin and head East. The end of Hull Cabin actually ends on the Coconino Rim Trail, about 1 mile into it. Then taking Coconino West which also happens to end about 1 mile into Gray Mountain Road. Gay Mountain Road to the 89 then head back home.

Discuss if you might like to come along or just some general BS

Old 07-03-2011, 07:34 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
The Coconino rim trail is a fun one!
Old 07-03-2011, 07:37 PM   #3
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Any more detail other than its fun Chris?

I thought this would be a fun little outting because all the trails tie into each other and I have a book with 157 trails and I want to do a huge majority of them, so I am getting started lol
Old 07-03-2011, 07:40 PM   #4
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08pretaco View Post
Any more detail other than its fun Chris?

I thought this would be a fun little outting because all the trails tie into each other and I have a book with 157 trails and I want to do a huge majority of them, so I am getting started lol
Only advice I would have is, Stay on the marked trails. I took an off shoot, and got stuck
Old 07-03-2011, 07:41 PM   #5
Almost there

LMAO thanks Chris, I love to check out all the little area's so I might have to resist...or make sure theres a 4wd along for the ride!
Old 07-03-2011, 07:41 PM   #6

Quote:
LMAO thanks Chris, I love to check out all the little area's so I might have to resist...or make sure theres a 4wd along for the ride!
I was in a 4x4
Old 07-03-2011, 07:43 PM   #7
Almost there

WOW! that makes this all the better!

How did you manage to do that? Muddy, icy...?
Old 07-03-2011, 07:45 PM   #8

Quote:
WOW! that makes this all the better!

How did you manage to do that? Muddy, icy...?
Yeah, There was snow up there, and I dont know what the fuck to do in it, so I got stuck. Wasnt bad really. I locked the rear, and jacked up one side, and shoved some tree branches under the tires, and I got out.
Old 07-03-2011, 07:46 PM   #9
Almost there

Thats awesome! Recovery items to the rescue!
Old 07-03-2011, 07:46 PM   #10

Quote:
Thats awesome! Recovery items to the rescue!
Wasnt my first BBQ.
Old 07-03-2011, 07:47 PM   #11
Almost there

Did you have Julie make you a sandwhich while you got everything taken care of?
Old 07-03-2011, 07:48 PM   #12

Quote:
Did you have Julie make you a sandwhich while you got everything taken care of?
I was by myself on that run. But I did have plenty of food and water in the tool box. I always make sure to have at least a days worth of rations when I go out.
Old 07-03-2011, 07:49 PM   #13

When I got stuck up on the rim (once again, in snow, and stuck GOOD), I had Julie with me, and it began to snow HARD. When I got out to asses the situation, she locked me out of the truck
Old 07-03-2011, 07:52 PM   #14
Almost there

Ya its always a good idea. Well im pretty excited, sounds like it should be a fun little trail.

I think on the 23rd I will head back up to Flag and check out another grouping of trails: O'leary peak trail, O'leary basin trail, Cinder Hills loop, schultz pass, and feidlein prairie trail. That should soak up another wondeful Saturday!
Old 07-03-2011, 07:53 PM   #15
Almost there

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
When I got stuck up on the rim (once again, in snow, and stuck GOOD), I had Julie with me, and it began to snow HARD. When I got out to asses the situation, she locked me out of the truck
Sounds like you deseved it haha!
Old 07-03-2011, 08:04 PM   #16

Quote:
Sounds like you deseved it haha!

Old 07-03-2011, 08:10 PM   #17
Almost there

So you got stuck both times because you diverted from the trail in bad weather conditions correct? You did not get stuck on the trail.
Old 07-03-2011, 08:12 PM   #18

Quote:
So you got stuck both times because you diverted from the trail in bad weather conditions correct? You did not get stuck on the trail.
Correct. The time with Julie was a very stupid stuck. Large snow mound, I I figured I could blow over it.
Old 07-03-2011, 08:13 PM   #19
Almost there

haha ok you had me worried that I should be looking for other trails. IS the trail easy to navigate to stay on track?
Old 07-04-2011, 02:34 PM   #20
I need to go return some videotapes...
Seabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
If I wasnt packing to move next weekend, I would go on this for sure. I need to see some trees real soon before I lose it