1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Best top super top? What do you think?

Discussion in 'Arizona' started by dira1987, Jul 18, 2011.

1. Jul 18, 2011 at 5:13 PM
    dira1987

dira1987 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Chandler AZ
    Vehicle:
    2003 LT Prerunner
    Metal.
    Hey guys, just figured out there is a local side to this website! Any opinions on the best top super top (like pictures below) and how it handles in the az heat? Is it easy to take on and off? Ive seen a few in the area (one on a red taco at REI on southern and priest) and i am wondering if its for me? Does it do well offroad? Easy to clean? Sorry for the questions! I figure ive done so many purchases without research i might as well start some good habits now... Thanks guys![​IMG]

Besttop1.jpg
    RubyTacoma2.jpg

2. Jul 18, 2011 at 6:14 PM
    mpmoody

mpmoody Active Member

Member:
    Goodyear, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD Offroad
    762x51taco has one. I won't speak for him, but the thing looks pretty sweet and is a lot easier to deal with than a camper shell.

3. Jul 18, 2011 at 6:16 PM
    08pretaco

08pretaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    az
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tundra 4x4 CM 5.7L SR5
    @ADSracingshocks - F 3 point ohh / R 2.5 - w/clickers @camburgracing - uniball UCA @rigidindustries - 40" amber/white split, Dually XL, D2 @coopertires - 35/12.5/17 STT MAXX @bayareametalfab - low pro bed rack @toyotausa - 17" rock warrior @sdhqoffroad - rock sliders, a-pillar @hondogarage / @apple / @gaiagps / @dualgps- navigation @wheelersoffroadinc - superbumps
    i want one! badly

4. Jul 18, 2011 at 6:17 PM
    rleeharris

rleeharris "Old Timer," compliments of 11Taco2.7

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    San Antonio, Texas
    Vehicle:
    '11 Tundra Crew Max TRD Off Road
    Looks great. Love mine!

[​IMG]

5. Jul 18, 2011 at 7:15 PM
    08pretaco

Member:
    az
    Vehicle:
    @ADSracingshocks - F 3 point ohh / R 2.5 - w/clickers @camburgracing - uniball UCA @rigidindustries - 40" amber/white split, Dually XL, D2 @coopertires - 35/12.5/17 STT MAXX @bayareametalfab - low pro bed rack @toyotausa - 17" rock warrior @sdhqoffroad - rock sliders, a-pillar @hondogarage / @apple / @gaiagps / @dualgps- navigation @wheelersoffroadinc - superbumps
    You know Josh,

Besttop has great warranty service!

6. Jul 18, 2011 at 7:17 PM
    HomerTaco

HomerTaco also HomerTaco Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco ...................................................................................................................................................... Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill with 12-15 front-end swap/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad mini / Safari Snorkel / Auto-pilot mode / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust re-route / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift / Inchworm 4.7 crawlbox / twin stick FJ t-case / Davez off-road triple-stick kit/
    There is a member local to me that has one of these... Pretty cool if you ask me! :D

7. Jul 18, 2011 at 7:21 PM
    08pretaco

Member:
    az
    Vehicle:
    See what I mean :D Got your money back due to a bad product...probably with very little arguing as well!

8. Jul 18, 2011 at 7:29 PM
    08pretaco

Member:
    az
    Vehicle:
    Damn man, maybe you dealt with the wrong retailer...sorry to hear that!

9. Jul 18, 2011 at 7:30 PM
    VanillaGorilla

VanillaGorilla Itsnevertoearlytostartbee fingupyourobituary

Member:
    First Name:
    Erik
    East Bay Area, CA
    Vehicle:
    09 BSP Pre Runner SR5
    Tint. (DONE) Soon to come. 3in Llift (OME) Color matched grill (DONE) BHLM (DONE) Tail tint (DONE) Pro comp rims (8069) End goal: Murdered out truck
    the people at bestop are very nice and understannding. I have a bestop and the first one they sent had something sewn on wrong and they overnighted me a brand new set up and gave me extra clamps for the bed rails which woulda been like another $20-$30?

As far as how it handles the heat i cant compare CA to AZ but it is much easier to put up and down and put on the windows too with the heat. When you wash it you want to just use a sponge and wash it just like you would the rest of the truck, just a little more gentle. I wouldnt go thru a car wash with it though. Just my .02 cents

So to answer everything. It is for you, its great having the option of putting it up and down within 2 minutes. not difficult to clean. Again i dont have the same weather but i couldnt see it being affected dramatically from the Az weather.

BUY BUY BUY

Edit: theres also a TW discount if you order from streetsideauto.com
    and a seperate discount code i know which gives the same discount as the TW one

10. Jul 18, 2011 at 7:31 PM
    08pretaco

Member:
    az
    Vehicle:
    ^ See thats how I see almost all experiences go with them! Thats great to hear!

11. Jul 18, 2011 at 7:33 PM
    VanillaGorilla

VanillaGorilla Itsnevertoearlytostartbee fingupyourobituary

Member:
    First Name:
    Erik
    East Bay Area, CA
    Vehicle:
    09 BSP Pre Runner SR5
    Tint. (DONE) Soon to come. 3in Llift (OME) Color matched grill (DONE) BHLM (DONE) Tail tint (DONE) Pro comp rims (8069) End goal: Murdered out truck
    if i could +1 them i would ha

12. Jul 18, 2011 at 8:08 PM
    extremachn1

extremachn1 I am an asshole, deal with it!

Member:
    First Name:
    Turd Furgison
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    BAD ASS SUPERCHARGED BEAST
    TRD S/C, TRD quick shifter, AFE CAI, Magnaflow cat back exhaust, Fox racing shocks, TC UCA, All-pro expo leafs, Bestop soft top, Wet Okole black seat covers, Scan gauge II.

Josh, why you gotta be a party pooper. I have one and love it. I had the same problem that Josh did and that was that the front kept pulling off the velcro and flapping and banging against my window (HARD) at anything over 60mph. Unfortunatly his finally turned into a kite and took flight. I fixed my problem with a $5 piece of flat bar from home depot and a few screws and wing nuts. Just put the flat bar ontop of the bestop where it velcros down, drill 4-5 small holes into the barstock, bestop velcro (the top as well) and the
    bedrail. Then put the screws up through the holes and tighten the wing nuts down. Problem solved.

My bestop has held up well here in Arizona. Because of the heat they tend to stretch and sag just a little bit but thats to be expected in 110 degree heat. Other than that, I love mine.
    IMG_0232_57f30a9752522716119766bff08bcc1b28b132a2.jpg
    IMG_0227_d75c3f1c0005085d2d697e18afffd865cc24d491.jpg

13. Jul 18, 2011 at 8:28 PM
    dexterdog

dexterdog My pee parts itch

Member:
    Oly WA
    Vehicle:
    2012 F150
    I have had no issues whatsoever on my 6' bed. Yes the velcro is the weak link but my top has stayed attached without issue on daily 70 mph runs for the last year.

14. Jul 18, 2011 at 8:47 PM
    extremachn1

Member:
    First Name:
    Turd Furgison
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    TRD S/C, TRD quick shifter, AFE CAI, Magnaflow cat back exhaust, Fox racing shocks, TC UCA, All-pro expo leafs, Bestop soft top, Wet Okole black seat covers, Scan gauge II.
    Dude, I am just giving you shit. It suprised the hell out of me when mine started banging around so I know what your talking about.

I totally agree with the tinted window. I have mine tinted dark as well and its a bitch to see out, especially when dirty. When I do road trips and nothing is in the back I take my back window off.

15. Jul 18, 2011 at 10:31 PM
    09tacoLI

09tacoLI Well-Known Member

Member:
    long island ny
    Vehicle:
    09 off road
    Shrockworks sliders,Shrockworks Front bumper,Warn 9.5xp winch,Toytec Ult.3in,Total Chaos UCAs,AP expo Rear, Fox remote resi shocks Bud built skids,Piaa 7in,Piaa yellow plasma Off road lights.
    Ive had mine on for a couple weeks and love it. Ive gone up to 95mph and havent had any problems with it. Surprisingly water tight too I thought it would leak a hell of alot more.

16. Jul 18, 2011 at 11:36 PM
    rleeharris

rleeharris "Old Timer," compliments of 11Taco2.7

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    San Antonio, Texas
    Vehicle:
    '11 Tundra Crew Max TRD Off Road
    I said this in another Bestop thread... call Bestop Customer Service and order two additional clamps to put on the front rail (like ~$15). The velcro is not sufficient. I ordered two xtra clamps for mine and they arrived before the actual top did. That fucker does not move and I have driven in high winds and up to 90+mph. Sorry to hear about the bad luck with the 6ft bed length versions.

17. Jul 19, 2011 at 4:56 PM
    dira1987

dira1987 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Chandler AZ
    Vehicle:
    2003 LT Prerunner
    Metal.
    This is awesome information guys! I think im sold on it, just need to make sure i plan it right and get it installed right the first time. Unless a pair of fj trd wheels show their face for a reasonable price ill be picking this one up asap...

18. Jul 19, 2011 at 7:31 PM
    extremachn1

Member:
    First Name:
    Turd Furgison
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    I will try to take pictures of how I secured the front velcro for you.

19. Jul 19, 2011 at 8:23 PM
    SGT Taco

SGT Taco It all fun and games till its not.

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Spring Hill TN.
    Vehicle:
    R.I.P. 2007 TRD, Land Rover Disco II, F250.
    Wife rolled it 3x mod...
    You should also re-post the super charger donuts vid here also... so that he can see how the top handles dust storms!!!

20. Jul 27, 2011 at 9:20 PM
    blatant

blatant Well-Known Member

Member:
    i have a softtopper that has several cross the usa trips on it. So, 3000mi at 80mph x 5 and that = tons of miles...and the thing is like the day it was installed. The company is out of colorado and the customer service is amazing. I know this b/c i've fcked it up a couple times doing dumb shit and they've insisted on sending me what i need at no cost. It's mega tight when all the sides are down and when rolled up it's a bad ass looking safari top that gets a lot of people inquiring. Rolled up is great for the summer b/c it provides a lot of shade for the mutt or a picnic or whatever. If anyone want to have a look let me know, i'm in the tempe area. They aren't cheap but i'm on 4+ years with no hassles in this terrible az sun.

Products Discussed in

To Top