R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

Future Lift but questions now....

Old 07-23-2011, 03:28 PM   #1
Coma2010 will become famous soon enoughComa2010 will become famous soon enough

Name: Dustin
Coma2010's Tacoma Gallery
Question Future Lift but questions now....

So im going to start either piecing together a 3" lift or buy one.... I guess the question is for you guys here in AZ. Did any of you buy your lift from a local dealer? If so what dealer? Was it a good price? Did you install or the shop? As I dont have a ton of tools.....Also I have the TRD but no 4X4. So I was thinking block for rear because I not going wheeling. Also I am a little confused on spacers like Revtek or OME.... I get most dont like but once again im not wheeling my truck. But i have read numerous builds and looked it all up....but when people say 5100s I assume shocks. but when they say adjusted or set at 2.5 inch or .85 or 3 inch. How do you adjust the shock or are they talking about coils with the shock? Once again I would like to hear all opinions about this even though some will not like spacers for the front and blocks for the rear. Also for wheels 18x9 with 4.5 backspacing.
Old 07-23-2011, 03:34 PM   #2
TacoSID138 is a jewel in the roughTacoSID138 is a jewel in the roughTacoSID138 is a jewel in the rough

EMS:
Name: steven
TacoSID138's Tacoma Gallery
not from arizona but i can help you with what i know. dont do blocks or spacers, even if your not going to wheel. the ride will be shit. usally places like 4wheel parts will sell you a shitty suspension set up. do some more home work oj here so you dont get F'd. look more into the billys, they have different settings, you can use your stock coils. also look more into the OME lifts. you can use a add a leaf for the rer instead of the blocks.
Old 07-23-2011, 03:42 PM   #3
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Like mentioned up top, the spacer and blocks ride like shit! I used to have a spacer lift but now have a real 3" suspension lift. I bought my stuff from Toytec and had some local guys from here help me with the install...we have MOD Days from time to time so just bring your stuff to the next one and we'll get it lifted
Old 07-23-2011, 03:46 PM   #4
I am an asshole, deal with it!
extremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Chief Fire Controlman, Phalanx, CG-49, LCC-19, FFG-37, LPWS C-RAM 5-5 ADA A Battery
Name: Turd Furgison
extremachn1's Tacoma Gallery
I would say stay away from spacer lifts. If you want to do it for less and only want to go about 2.5" then get 5100's all around, new springs up front and an add-a-leaf in back. Thats what I have, I am running 285's and your right at the limit of needing to drop bigger bucks on UCA's My truck wheels good, handles good. Only problem I have is I still rub but thats due to my tires.

Eventually I will go with full UCA's and a 3+ inch lift but for now I am happy with how mine sits.