Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

Squeaking Truck After Trailing in Flagstaff Mudd

Old 08-07-2011, 07:49 PM   #1
ToughMudder is on a distinguished road

Name: Nathan
ToughMudder's Tacoma Gallery
Angry Squeaking Truck After Trailing in Flagstaff Mudd

I went off-roading in Flagstaff a week ago and went through lots of mudd, this was my first time off-roading in my brand new TX Pro

I was shocked to hear my tacoma had started squeaking on the rear drivers side. I asked around and some people said that it was from the mudd in the bushings others mentioned the shocks. I don't know whats causing the squeaking but its driving me nuts! I power washed the mud in the shocks brake pads bushing, pretty much my entire under carriage and it still squeaks. I was suggested to WD40 my bushings/shocks.

Please TacomaWorld give me suggestions, has anyone else experienced this.
Old 08-07-2011, 07:58 PM   #2
06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Colin
06BLUEDBLSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
If its a groaning noise then its the bushings, Mine went out not to long ago, got them fixed, and they have gone bad again but thats because of my shitty spacer lift

And Welcome to TW!
Old 08-07-2011, 08:02 PM   #3
tacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacosupreme54's Tacoma Gallery
The squeaking is probably from junk that has got between your rear leaf springs. I'm guessing so, since you say your rear, right side. Mine does it every time I leave the pavement. It should go away on its own in a few days.
Old 08-07-2011, 10:14 PM   #5

thanks for the quick responses!

hmm well I guess the only way to really diagnose the squeaking is to get in there and check out the leaf pack and see if theres something lodged in there, but i couldn't imagine there'd be surface rust already! It's been only one trip through mud thus far and its only a few months old i will have to inspect it.

and its nots a groaning squeak, its like a spring bed squeak
Old 08-07-2011, 11:48 PM   #6
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
My trucks rear end squeaks like dueling bed springs man lol...I'm gonna lose em and get the All Pro 3" Leaf Pack in a month or 2
Old 08-07-2011, 11:59 PM   #7
ɔoɯq
BMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paden
BMOC's Tacoma Gallery
squeaking comes naturally if you play in the dirt.
Old 08-08-2011, 12:14 AM   #8
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paden View Post
squeaking comes naturally if you play in the dirt.
x2 that fine sand out in the desert is a bitch...i've taken my leaf pack apart so many times to clean and grease. That'll only last a few days then they squeak like hell again! I'm sure bushing are dried out by now too, the truck is a 05 with 120k miles on it...its a good reason to upgrade as any I suppose lol
Old 08-09-2011, 10:17 AM   #9
I need to go return some videotapes...
Seabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
Just power spray the whole undercarriage and really get in between the leafs. Happens to me all the time, and once they're clean and dry I shoot a little WD-40 between them and it quiets up nicely.
Old 08-09-2011, 06:46 PM   #10

thanks seabass ill have to try that. i already power washed the undercarriage and shocks wells but i didnt emphasize on the leafs or spray WD-40 ill have to try that