Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

Lake?

Old 08-14-2011, 10:04 AM   #1
Coma2010 will become famous soon enoughComa2010 will become famous soon enough

Name: Dustin
Coma2010's Tacoma Gallery
Lake?

I am thinking of going to the lake for a few hours today. But I have a question. I know at Bartlett and Plesent Lake u can pull your truck right up to the water. But can u do this at Canyon or Saguaro (sp)? I have never been to either of these lakes, but now I live on the east side and the are closer to me. Any imput would be cool.

Thanks.
Old 08-14-2011, 10:09 AM   #2
meeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

meeestirg's Tacoma Gallery
well let's see, your location says "chandler" MapQuest says there are 10 cities, in the US named chandler. and "I am thinking of going to the lake" is a pretty general statement.

Please Select One:
1. Chandler, AZ - Maricopa County
2. Chandler, IN - Warrick County
3. Chandler, MN - Murray County
4. Chandler, OK - Lincoln County
5. Chandler, TX - Henderson County
6. Chandler, AR - Garland County
7. Chandler, IN - Pike County
8. Chandler, MI - Delta County
9. Chandler, MO - Clay County
10. Chandler, OH - Jefferson County

lol.
Old 08-14-2011, 10:17 AM   #3

Ha now that is funny. I am in Chandler, AZ. I know what lakes are here and around me. I just havent been to all of them so I am not sure what lakes you can back your truck up to the water. From what I have heard I think there are a couple you have to park in a parking lot and drag all your crap down to the water.
Old 08-14-2011, 10:24 AM   #4
meeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

there we go, now someone can help you.

and now that i know where you are from, i offer this thread to you for some specific help from people that are in your area. http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/ari...ead-2-0-a.html
Old 08-14-2011, 10:39 AM   #5

WOW! 192 pages.
Old 08-14-2011, 10:43 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coma2010 View Post
WOW! 192 pages.
yup good luck!
Old 08-14-2011, 10:47 AM   #7
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Canyon you can park close to the lake, but not on the water, and Sauguaro if you come in at Butcher Jones, you can get on the water, or very close.
Old 08-14-2011, 11:01 AM   #8
rabble rabble rabble
dud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Humane Officer
Name: Dan
dud122's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to dud122
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeestirg View Post
well let's see, your location says "chandler" MapQuest says there are 10 cities, in the US named chandler. and "I am thinking of going to the lake" is a pretty general statement.

Please Select One:
1. Chandler, AZ - Maricopa County
2. Chandler, IN - Warrick County
3. Chandler, MN - Murray County
4. Chandler, OK - Lincoln County
5. Chandler, TX - Henderson County
6. Chandler, AR - Garland County
7. Chandler, IN - Pike County
8. Chandler, MI - Delta County
9. Chandler, MO - Clay County
10. Chandler, OH - Jefferson County

lol.

.... and the fact that this was posted in the AZ regionals didn't give you a clue??
Old 08-14-2011, 11:04 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Canyon you can park close to the lake, but not on the water, and Sauguaro if you come in at Butcher Jones, you can get on the water, or very close.

So if I come in at Butcher Jones would I need 4x4? I only have a Prerunner.
Old 08-14-2011, 11:06 AM   #10
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I havent been down there in a while, but if you have a couple 4x4 buddies going with you, you will be fine. PM ColtsTRD, or 08pretaco, as they go up there often, and are Prerunners.
Old 08-14-2011, 11:09 AM   #11
Gun Toting Gearhead
0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
0uTkAsT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Last time we went to Butcher the 2WD trucks, even locked ones, had a difficult time. This may have been the exact trails we took but I wouldn't want to do it honestly. Where we went there were lots of steep rocky hills, some required my 4-banger to be in 4LO to navigate.
Old 08-14-2011, 11:12 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dud122 View Post
.... and the fact that this was posted in the AZ regionals didn't give you a clue??
oh shiet you're right i didn't even notice that, i noticed the post on the main page. ahaha oh well.
Old 08-14-2011, 12:05 PM   #13
Taco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Taco Gunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dud122 View Post
Or that all the lakes he mentioned are in AZ....

Old 08-14-2011, 05:22 PM   #14
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
The Butcher Jones coves I'd recommend 4x4. It seems more washed out and rutted than it used to be the last few times I've been out there. Even some of the "easier" hills I was sliding down a few stretches where I never had issues before. It's do-able even with an open diff in a lot of sections but you gotta know how to drive that terrain well and prepare to bash your skid and chunk your tires (also, this is part of what is contributing to deteriating conditions... but that just makes it funner for the 4x4's lol).

Also, You can drive into the water on the coves in Saguaro from the 4x4 ways.
Old 08-14-2011, 07:21 PM   #15

Thanks for the information. Now I wish I had 4x4 to get close to the water!

BTW that is a sweet pic! Thats exactly what I was wanting to do.
Old 08-14-2011, 08:44 PM   #16
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
just got bac from the lake. in a boat tho but yeah butcher jones 4wd is almost a must need, unless you like to put the skinny pedal down. i go to butcher jones often, ill go with you if your not afraid to pout skinny pedal down, and ill pull you up stuff if need be.

but i wont have my truck for a month and a half or so
Old 08-14-2011, 09:45 PM   #17
Disco Disco...
SGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: NBCNCO, HHC, 1-158 INF
Name: Scott
SGT Taco's Tacoma Gallery
ohh man... just got back from there... wish i would have checked this before i went. I am used to pulling 2wd Tacos around there... (underdog...) if you ever want to go again let me know, i am up for it any time. Also there was some good mud in a couple of places there today!