R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

Does anyone have a motorcycle ramp?

Old 08-21-2011, 03:36 PM   #1
avidoffroad.com
McJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
McJosh's Tacoma Gallery
Does anyone have a motorcycle ramp?

Hello AZ people. As some of you know, My Harley was stolen and fortunately it was recovered from Phoenix on Tuesday. I had to pick it up from the yard and they loaded the bike in my truck with a forklift. Well the issue is, I don't have anything to unload the bike with so if someone has a ramp and wouldn't mind letting me borrow it, that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Old 08-21-2011, 04:10 PM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by McJosh View Post
Hello AZ people. As some of you know, My Harley was stolen and fortunately it was recovered from Phoenix on Tuesday. I had to pick it up from the yard and they loaded the bike in my truck with a forklift. Well the issue is, I don't have anything to unload the bike with so if someone has a ramp and wouldn't mind letting me borrow it, that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Sorry, not an AZ guy but if you don't find one shortly, you can get a 2x8 at home depot and the metal ramp ends. Then you'd have a decent set for later. They're never a bad idea for motorcycle owners. Glad to hear you got your bike back!
Old 08-21-2011, 04:35 PM   #3
avidoffroad.com
McJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

McJosh's Tacoma Gallery
it's a harley so its pretty heavy. will wood be strong enough? I don't care about damage to my bike, it's my truck getting hurt in the process i'm worried about.
Old 08-21-2011, 04:57 PM   #4
Chewie is my Co-pilot
YumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
YumaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
what ive seen people do to unload quads off of trucks without ramps is to drive into some soft sand, then floor it till the rear diff hits the floor. then the bed should be low enough and angled down to load or unload the stuff. Then the guys switch it to 4x4 and climb out of the whole. But i guess someone could pull you out instead
Old 08-21-2011, 05:01 PM   #5
avidoffroad.com

McJosh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YumaTRD View Post
what ive seen people do to unload quads off of trucks without ramps is to drive into some soft sand, then floor it till the rear diff hits the floor. then the bed should be low enough and angled down to load or unload the stuff. Then the guys switch it to 4x4 and climb out of the whole. But i guess someone could pull you out instead
Lol. So you want me to unload it in a sandy area, Then load it back and bring it home still in the bed of my truck? I just want to unload it here at my house.
Old 08-21-2011, 05:09 PM   #6
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
it's a harley so its pretty heavy. will wood be strong enough? I don't care about damage to my bike, it's my truck getting hurt in the process i'm worried about.
Depending on the weight, maybe a 2x10 would be more appropriate. What you do is back up to an enbankment or put the back end of hte truck in a ditch so you're almost unloading level to the ground so you'd need a shorter piece of wood which would be less likely to break but a 2x10 should support a motorcycle without any trouble, even if it is a 700 or 800 lb full dresser. I used to use a 2x8 for my sport bike but that was only about 450 lbs but it showed no signs of cracking or breaking, etc.
Old 08-21-2011, 05:13 PM   #7
The Little Truck That Could
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roland
Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Depending on the weight, maybe a 2x10 would be more appropriate. What you do is back up to an enbankment or put the back end of hte truck in a ditch so you're almost unloading level to the ground so you'd need a shorter piece of wood which would be less likely to break but a 2x10 should support a motorcycle without any trouble, even if it is a 700 or 800 lb full dresser. I used to use a 2x8 for my sport bike but that was only about 450 lbs but it showed no signs of cracking or breaking, etc.
depends on the length too. if its a high truck you might need a 10 footer for a heavy bike like that so keep that in mind
Old 08-21-2011, 05:17 PM   #8

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoytoda View Post
depends on the length too. if its a high truck you might need a 10 footer for a heavy bike like that so keep that in mind
yeah, sorry, didn't really make that clear but good point!!
Old 08-21-2011, 05:18 PM   #9
Chewie is my Co-pilot
YumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
YumaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I mean like in an empty lot near by or something close by.

Just invest in a used ramp since you have two bikes
http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/pts/2546707014.html

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/pts/2534755760.html
Old 08-21-2011, 05:19 PM   #10
The Little Truck That Could
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roland
Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
i got a steel loading ramp 800# rating at harbor freight for $50
Old 08-21-2011, 05:38 PM   #12
horwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Seth
horwitzs's Tacoma Gallery
Is the bike rideable? Any cycle shop should be happy to offload it for you.
Just bring a friend to drive the truck home and you ride the bike.
Old 08-21-2011, 05:43 PM   #13
Coma2010 will become famous soon enoughComa2010 will become famous soon enough

Name: Dustin
Coma2010's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Sent up a PM
Old 08-21-2011, 06:20 PM   #14
avidoffroad.com

McJosh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by horwitzs View Post
Is the bike rideable? Any cycle shop should be happy to offload it for you.
Just bring a friend to drive the truck home and you ride the bike.
It's not. It sat for a while, tire is blown, no battery.
Old 08-22-2011, 11:04 AM   #16
The StormTrooper
TightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TightShirts
TightShirts's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Done. Thanks coma2010
i was gonna say, i have one you can borrow... i live right down the street too! glad you got it taken care of.
Old 08-22-2011, 01:39 PM   #17
I need to go return some videotapes...
Seabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
Glad to hear you got your bike back, Josh. Hopefully the damage was minimal and you have it back on the road soon.