R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

Chiva Falls & Chimney Rock 21AUG2011

Old 08-21-2011, 07:19 PM   #1
I am an asshole, deal with it!
extremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Chief Fire Controlman, Phalanx, CG-49, LCC-19, FFG-37, LPWS C-RAM 5-5 ADA A Battery
Name: Turd Furgison
extremachn1's Tacoma Gallery
Chiva Falls & Chimney Rock 21AUG2011

We should have some pics up soon from our run today with the three of us down in Tucson.
Old 08-21-2011, 07:30 PM   #2
I miss my Taco
Zombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Zombie's Tacoma Gallery
I was just looking for em... My kidneys still hurt from Chiva trail.
Old 08-21-2011, 07:47 PM   #3
extremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Chief Fire Controlman, Phalanx, CG-49, LCC-19, FFG-37, LPWS C-RAM 5-5 ADA A Battery
Dude, I pulled my air filter and MAF to clean them. HOLY SHIT, my MAF was bad, but my air filter you could construct an entire beach with all the sand in it. I am still cleaning it.
Old 08-21-2011, 07:52 PM   #4
I miss my Taco
Zombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Zombie's Tacoma Gallery
If I was you, next time I would run a filter cover, or a prefilter.
Old 08-21-2011, 08:15 PM   #5
I have a pre-filter on order. But I havent cleaned it (other than banging it out once) since i have been down in arizona. Thats 2 massive sand storms, a trip to Butcher Jones, 2 trips to Chiva falls, a trip to Crown king, and what ever else the truck has sucked up in my travels from Washington state to Arizona.
Old 08-21-2011, 08:29 PM   #6
Here are the few pictures I have of us at Chimney Rock. Hopefully the other guys will put their pictures up soon, theres are WAY cooler!!!

Here I am playing KING OF THE HILL!!! Lets just say I am glad I had my allpro armor on and I smoked a tire a little bit getting to the top, if I had A-trac and/or a locker it wouldnt have been a problem. It seems my yellow wire mod wasnt really working all that well for this trip. Time for a locker.

And much like Simba from the Lion Kind, my taco rules over all the lands that can be seen!!!!
Old 08-21-2011, 09:04 PM   #7
Who needs 4WD?
neslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Harrelsen
neslerrah's Tacoma Gallery
We had a great time out on Reddington. Pictures below, here is the route we took, MAP. Link to all the pictures I took today.

TOYOTAS!

Another Toyota on the trail...

Another one...

A broken down Jeep...

Another Toyota heading to Chiva!
Old 08-21-2011, 09:24 PM   #8
I miss my Taco

Zombie's Tacoma Gallery
Great pictures guys, but who is that ugly fat guy in the blue shirt? HA!
Old 08-21-2011, 09:48 PM   #9
At least he isnt as ugly as that bald fucker driving.

So I threw a Check Engine Code on the way home for MAF out of tolerance. I pulled my air filter, air inlet tube, and MAF sensor to clean them. Here is a shot of the bath tub after the 3RD cleaning. Craziness...

The first one was 10 times worse. Finally after this 3rd cleaning water ran clear threw the air filter. Then I let it drip dry, put it all back in, and started it up to make sure I didnt throw any more codes... ALL GOOD.
Old 08-21-2011, 09:50 PM   #10
Harrelson, I tried looking at your link to your pics and it says there is nothing to view or I dont have permission to view those pics.
Old 08-21-2011, 09:53 PM   #11
Just for bragging rights, the only vehicles to make it back to Chiva falls today that we saw were Toyotas. We came across 4 BIG american vehicles trying to get that broken down jeep up a 2wd trail so we finally got past them and motored up the harder 4wd trail. We came across 2 awesome toyota buggies ( in the pictures above) and a handful of other Toyotas, its just funny to see that many yota's and the only american vehicles we saw were broken down!!!
Old 08-22-2011, 07:31 AM   #12
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
great pics guys!
Old 08-22-2011, 08:45 AM   #13
Who needs 4WD?
neslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremachn1 View Post
Harrelson, I tried looking at your link to your pics and it says there is nothing to view or I dont have permission to view those pics.

Ok, this one (LINK) should work now. I had to change the album properties to 'public'
Old 08-22-2011, 08:46 AM   #14
caburtle is on a distinguished road
Army:
caburtle's Tacoma Gallery
Wow, those are great pictures!
I used to mountain bike out there quite a bit. Its a great area.

How was the trail to Chiva Falls? Can a stock OR Taco make it?
Old 08-22-2011, 08:56 AM   #15
Who needs 4WD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by caburtle View Post
Wow, those are great pictures!
I used to mountain bike out there quite a bit. Its a great area.

How was the trail to Chiva Falls? Can a stock OR Taco make it?
We took Jake's (kyouto42) stock Tacoma out there last year. We manage to get him out there with no problems. But it has rain a lot since then, so there are more areas washed out. IMO, lift, armor, and sliders are recommended to make it all the way to Chiva.
Old 08-22-2011, 09:08 AM   #16
Army:
Yeah, I figured as much.
I would love to get out there on the trails with you all but it will be a while before I can leave this Godforsaken place.
Old 08-22-2011, 09:20 AM   #17
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
awesome pictures.

i seem to be working on all the days you guys hit up the local trails.

my shits weak.
Old 08-22-2011, 10:51 AM   #18
Who needs 4WD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by caburtle View Post
Yeah, I figured as much.
I would love to get out there on the trails with you all but it will be a while before I can leave this Godforsaken place.
When are you coming back to Tucson?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew H View Post
awesome pictures.

i seem to be working on all the days you guys hit up the local trails.

my shits weak.
Thanks Andrew. I am looking forward to Rail X!
Old 08-22-2011, 02:05 PM   #19
I miss my Taco

Zombie's Tacoma Gallery
I can't wait to do this again. I am very happy with how my truck handled the trails. A little bumpy, but it made it.
Old 08-22-2011, 02:31 PM   #20
Army:
Quote:
Originally Posted by neslerrah View Post
When are you coming back to Tucson?
Well, I should be back next summer. Definitely missing the mountains right now. Hopefully I'll have all the mods I need before then.