R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

Backside of Mt. Lemmon Run 10/1/11

Old 08-23-2011, 10:08 PM   #1
RINZLER
T4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Stefen
T4C0CH40S's Tacoma Gallery
Mt. Lemmon Control Road Run - October 1st/2nd 2011

Who's up for another Trail Run??
When: Saturday October 1st, 2011 through the 2nd
Where: Backside of Mt. Lemmon (Control Road)
What: Trail Run/Off Roading, Spelunking, Camping, Enjoying the cooler AZ weather.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Basics:

Difficulty: Easy, Well-Maintained dirt road but very bumpy. Low range is helpful to climb the last few miles up the backside of Mt. Lemmon. 2WD, high-clearance adequate in dry weather. Snow and ice possible near top in late fall. Avoid during the winter.

Time & Distance: About 25 miles as described here. Allow 2-3 hours plus time to reach Oracle North of Tucson. The decent from Mt. Lemmon on the Catalina Hwy also takes a little while.

To Get There: Head North on Oracle Road (Highway 77) from Tucson. Stay on Hwy 77 all the way to Oracle. Turn right on American Avenue just past Mile Marker 100. Bear right on Mt. Lemmon Road after 2.4 miles. Turn right after another 3.2 miles where the road turns to dirt. This is called the Mt. Lemmon Control Road and marks the start of the trip.

Trail Description: Reset odometer at the start. Follow this major dirt road South as it winds down into a valley. At 15.1 miles you'll go by the Peppersauce Campground. This is the turn for the Rice Peak (Trail #68) but you continue straight. The road is marked F.S. 38 inside the Coronado National Forrest. Lesser roads branch off but the main road is obvious. Continue straight at 15.9 where another road goes left. Bear left at 18.5 miles. The road climbs with great views of the valley below. Continue uphill on pavement past the Mt. Lemmon Fire Department before reaching the Catalina Highway at 25.1 miles.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pictures of Mt. Lemmon Control Road

Maps

Google Map
RiderplanetUSA has some more good info and maps too.

Campgrounds

Mt. Bigelow Trailhead/Campgrounds
$5 per campsite I do believe
I just camped here on 8/20 and the campsites are nice and big, plus theres an awesome night view of Tucson since its up next to the radio towers.

Attending:

ATTENDING:
1. T4C0CH40S (Me) +1
2. OldManToy (Scott)
3. Neslerrah (Harrelsen)
4. extremachn1 (Chas)
5. Claymore21
6. ATriplett513 Maybe
7. motorsport36 (Jason)
8. Zombie (Will)
9. sook +1
10. Sublime (Mike)
11. Kyouto42 (Jake)
12. gottahot1

BLACK LISTED!...lol jkjk
1. Underdog777
2. 08pretaco
3. 97yota4wd
4. Zombie
4. YumaTRD
5. OuTkAsT
6. LiL KaStOuT

9/3/11 PRERUN GROUP: pics on pg. 4
1. Andrew H +1
2. Code70AZ (Joel)
3. T4C0CH40S (Me)
Old 08-24-2011, 06:59 AM   #2
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
I'd be down if I wasn't working the first.
Old 08-24-2011, 07:15 AM   #3
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
subd. depending if my trucks back or not
Old 08-24-2011, 07:18 AM   #4
RINZLER
T4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew H View Post
So ur saying you already know you have to work the first?
Old 08-24-2011, 07:20 AM   #5
RINZLER

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97yota4wd View Post
subd. depending if my trucks back or not
cool man, if anything, it can be pushed back to the 8th or 15th...which ever days work better to get more people to come
Old 08-24-2011, 08:41 AM   #6
Self Proclaimed first gen expert :doh:
Greensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Greensystemsgo's Tacoma Gallery
sub'd
Old 08-24-2011, 09:53 AM   #7
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
8th would work for me. Either way,I may do a shift trade if it is kept on the 1st.
Old 08-24-2011, 10:17 AM   #9
Greensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

are all you toucson folks aware of the tacoma world meet and greet sunday?

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/ari...eet-greet.html
Old 08-24-2011, 12:36 PM   #10
G scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Garrett
G scott04's Tacoma Gallery
If I'm not mistaken, paid guys on the department know what days they work for the entire year
Old 08-24-2011, 01:02 PM   #11
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greensystemsgo View Post
are all you toucson folks aware of the tacoma world meet and greet sunday?

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/ari...eet-greet.html

you know its on saturday right?
Old 08-24-2011, 01:43 PM   #12

Firefighter:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by T4C0CH40S View Post
So ur saying you already know you have to work the first?
I am saying I can tell you what days I work 5 years from now If i stay on A-shift.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G scott04 View Post
If I'm not mistaken, paid guys on the department know what days they work for the entire year
Yup yup!
Old 08-24-2011, 01:49 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97yota4wd View Post
you know its on saturday right?
SHEIT. hopefully ill make it then. That day new flywheel, carrier bearings, diff seals, and rear axle seals.
Old 08-24-2011, 08:58 PM   #14
RINZLER

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by G scott04 View Post
ah ok well this is new news for me lol
Old 08-24-2011, 09:25 PM   #15
I am an asshole, deal with it!
extremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Chief Fire Controlman, Phalanx, CG-49, LCC-19, FFG-37, LPWS C-RAM 5-5 ADA A Battery
Name: Turd Furgison
extremachn1's Tacoma Gallery
Hopefully by then I can display some of the new sparkly wares on my truck.
Old 08-24-2011, 10:04 PM   #16
Chewie is my Co-pilot
YumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
YumaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I need to invest in some new camping equipment. I love camping but dont have anything up here in tempe.
Old 08-24-2011, 10:28 PM   #17
G scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Garrett
G scott04's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YumaTRD View Post
I need to invest in some new camping equipment. I love camping but dont have anything up here in tempe.
Same! I just don't have any anywhere lol
Old 08-24-2011, 11:35 PM   #18
I miss my Taco
Zombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Zombie's Tacoma Gallery
I really hope to make this one, I haven't been camping in years.
Old 08-25-2011, 01:33 AM   #19
Code70AZ is on a distinguished road

Firefighter: Firefighter/Medic
Name: Joel
Code70AZ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Andrew, if they're still up there, wanna go up on the 2nd when you get off shift? I'm busy on the 1st also
Old 08-25-2011, 09:06 AM   #20

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Code70AZ View Post
Andrew, if they're still up there, wanna go up on the 2nd when you get off shift? I'm busy on the 1st also
yeah thatd still be fun. Just dont know how long they will be up there for on the second. either way we can go up there and hang out and drive down. should be nice scenery.