R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

Extremachn's 3500 mile roadtrip

Old 08-28-2011, 12:17 AM   #1
I am an asshole, deal with it!
extremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Chief Fire Controlman, Phalanx, CG-49, LCC-19, FFG-37, LPWS C-RAM 5-5 ADA A Battery
Name: Turd Furgison
extremachn1's Tacoma Gallery
Extremachn's 3500 mile roadtrip

Hey guys,
As some of you may know I headed off on a road trip to go home (Washington State) for a few weeks. I just finished day 3 of 4 of the 1st half of my road trip and I am wore out. I wish I had more time to stop and really explore all the places I have been. I decided to take the path less traveled and stay off the freeways as much as possible. Total out of 1700 miles each way less than 20o miles each way will be on freeways. Here is a break down of each days travels and my proposed return trip in 2 weeks. More pics in the next day or two once I get to my house. Just for referance I have about 500 lbs loaded into the truck, not including me.

DAY 1.. Tucson to Vegas. This was the most uneventful day because there are not a lot of choices on how to get to vegas without doubleing the time it takes. I averaged 17.5 mpg with my truck which is not bad at all.
http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Tu...a=1,2,3,4&z=10

Day 2 Vegas to Sacramento. This route was amazing, I went via Death Valley and then up the back side of the Sierra Nevada mountains and through Yosemite and Sonora to get to my Navy budddies house in Sacramento. 600-ish miles of heavy up and down through the mountains and I averaged 18.5, very respectable. I paid 4.999 per gallon on the back side of Yosemite. Its the be expected, its kinda the first/last stop in and out of there so.. I am so glad that I am not paying for this trip.
http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Sa...,5,6,7,8,9&z=8

Day 3 Sacramento to Bend Or. This was another amazing route. I stayed off the free for the entire thing with exception of the first 10 miles. I went up over Plumas National Forest, Lassen Volcanic National Park (The place is amazing) MODOC National Forrest, Crater Lake National Park, and the Willamette National Forrest. Unfortunatly by the time I got the Crater lake it was dark and my digital camera couldnt handle the low light (I didnt have my DSLR) but up to that point I got amazing shots. So your talking 650+ miles of HEAVY mountain roads and I avereaged 21.9 mpg... WOW... I couldnt believe it.
http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Sa...0,11,12,13&z=8

Day 4 This will be Bend Or to Seattle Wa. The second half of this is a route I am very familiar with, up through Klickitat, yakima, and the 90. Even though it shows the 90 to seattle as a major freeway. Its still only a 2 lane road and is one of the most dangerous in Washington (especially in the winter).
http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Se...a=1,2,3,4&z=10

RETURN TRIP... This is about what my return trip will look like, a changes here or there but this is the just of it.
http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Se...0,21,22,23&z=8
Old 08-28-2011, 01:03 AM   #2
I miss my Taco
Zombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Zombie's Tacoma Gallery

JK, Have fun bro.
Old 08-28-2011, 06:58 AM   #3
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
Have fun. Stop and stretch every now and then.
Old 08-28-2011, 06:34 PM   #4
extremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Chief Fire Controlman, Phalanx, CG-49, LCC-19, FFG-37, LPWS C-RAM 5-5 ADA A Battery
DAY 1: Tucson to Vegas

Old 08-28-2011, 06:45 PM   #5
Day 2: Vegas to Sacramento

Old 08-28-2011, 07:38 PM   #6
I miss my Taco
Zombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Zombie's Tacoma Gallery
Did your nasty ass foot get sunburned Chas? lol
Old 08-28-2011, 07:49 PM   #8
Nope, no sunburns and suprisingly that was a very comfortable position to drive in.

Those pictures are from days 1 and 2. Still more to come from days 3 and 4. I am loving the fact I get to sleep in my own bed tonight.
Old 08-28-2011, 07:52 PM   #9
My last tank I filled up at a 100% ethanol free gas station and when I topped off when I got home it worked out to almost 23 mpg through the mountains. I cant believe it. The milage on this truck just keeps getting better and better.
Old 08-28-2011, 07:57 PM   #10
OH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
Road trips are great.
We do one usually out in the western states at lest once a year.

Doing a trip to D.C. soon ( not in the tacoma )
We usually take the wifes Lexus GS 350
Nice comfyride handles great and 31-32 mpg at 75 mph with 300 hp!
I wish I had that 3.5 in the Tacoma it flat scoots.

Long days can wear you down quick but sometimes you need to.
Made it from Phoenix to Appleton Wisconsin in 2 long days in a mini van ( turbo plymouth voyager ) Two kids in the van as well.