R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

Wheels: Bronze on my new black 06 DC Off Road?

View Poll Results: Best wheel combo for my black 06 DC Off Road?
Keep American Racing Mohave Teflon wheels black 10 32.26%
Powder coat A.R. Mohave wheels dark bronze 7 22.58%
Keep Method wheels black 8 25.81%
Powder coat Method wheels dark bronze 9 29.03%
Put one wheel of each combination above on the truck! 3 9.68%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-28-2011, 10:20 PM   #1
CurboCycles is a glorious beacon of lightCurboCycles is a glorious beacon of lightCurboCycles is a glorious beacon of lightCurboCycles is a glorious beacon of lightCurboCycles is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Curtis
CurboCycles's Tacoma Gallery
Wheels: Bronze on my new black 06 DC Off Road?

My long awaited day came and I picked up a black 06 DC PreRunner Off Road. I drove it back from SoCal today. I'm loving the Donahoe Coilovers and E rated Terra Grapplers that provide an improved ride over my 05 Ext Cab PreRunner Sport, which I plan to sell once I swap some parts over.

Which rims/tires should I keep and should I go dark bronze on them?

My 05 has the American Racing Teflon Mojave wheels (17" w/ 285 Terra Grapplers). I like this setup a lot. My 06 has 17" Method wheels w/285 E rated Terra Grapplers. If i were to play it safe, i'd keep the A.R. Mojaves, but I saw a black Tacoma with dark bronze wheels and I thought it was the most innovative, creative and attractive setup I've seen. Black on black is cool but I'm ready to try something new. I'm thinking of keeping the Methods and powder coating them bronze. Not sure what to do with the chrome bolts on the outside. Check out the pics below and tell me what you think...

I love this look
Attachment 113816

Another look
Attachment 113817

the 17" method wheels on my 06.
Attachment 113818

Would these look good powder coated bronze or should I stay with the A.R. Mohaves in black?
Attachment 113819

Sample of A.R. Mojaves
Wheels: Bronze on my new black 06 DC Off Road?-0706tr_10_z-2007_isuzu_trucks-american_racing_mojave_teflon_wheels.jpg
Old 08-28-2011, 10:40 PM   #2
"Old Timer," compliments of 11Taco2.7
rleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Master Sergeant, Training Superintendent, 67th Network Warfare Wing
Name: Bob
rleeharris's Tacoma Gallery
Personally, I love the black on black look but I have to say bronze is not a bad look. Really, it's your personal taste here. It would make it more unique than the numerous black on black trucks out there. P-coating wheels usually runs about $80-100/wheel (first, find a reputable shop... see if you can see some samples of their work) so it's not a ton of risk. I say keep your wheels and go for the p-coating. Why not? If you do, post pics!

EDIT: Yep. I took a second look at the second pic of the truck you posted... GO FOR IT! You could take a good side shot of your truck and have someone Photoshop your wheels bronze to get an idea of what it would look like first. There is a Photoshop Request Thread. http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/pho...st-thread.html
Old 08-28-2011, 10:48 PM   #3
"Change is inevitable, but growth is optional."
tacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
tacomarotto's Tacoma Gallery
iv always had envy for the bronze wheels.
Old 08-28-2011, 10:50 PM   #4
amadougrand is on a distinguished road

amadougrand's Tacoma Gallery
I have the Thug in Teflon from AR and I really like them except for the fact I keep blowing out the caps on the center caps. Wish they had a low profile cap. I would get solid ones, but whats the difference between missing the center and having one dented in?

Anyway, I digress; go with the bronze and post pics when you do.
Old 08-28-2011, 11:00 PM   #5
Morto un papa, se ne fa un'altro
motorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: EOD TEU1, MU 8, BUD/s 225, MA 9545
Name: Jason
motorsport36's Tacoma Gallery
Bronze on black is sick!!! I love mine. Theres a great shop in town that I have used for years and very reasonable pricing. Affordable powdercoating. There are in central south phoenix off of Fillmore. Just google them and give em a call. Great guys. I have had a ton of stuff for the truck and all my motorcycles done with them.

Old 08-28-2011, 11:02 PM   #6
"Old Timer," compliments of 11Taco2.7
rleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Master Sergeant, Training Superintendent, 67th Network Warfare Wing
Name: Bob
rleeharris's Tacoma Gallery
^ Yep, that cinches it. Great look!
Old 08-28-2011, 11:11 PM   #7
tacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bronze it is?

pics!!!!
Old 08-28-2011, 11:49 PM   #8
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
all options would look mean...I voted to keep the Mohaves as is but the more I look at that Bronze....the more I like it! It'd look like ass on my SWB Truck though lol
Old 08-28-2011, 11:50 PM   #9
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

This is sic IMHO!!!!
Old 08-28-2011, 11:58 PM   #10

Old 08-29-2011, 12:04 AM   #11
jdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jdmdcfan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtsTRD View Post
This is sic IMHO!!!!
That taco is really well done. There are even better pictures of it floating around.
Old 08-29-2011, 12:12 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmdcfan View Post
That taco is really well done. There are even better pictures of it floating around.
yea its mean lookin' for sure
Old 08-29-2011, 12:15 AM   #13
tam is one of the sharper tools in the shedtam is one of the sharper tools in the shedtam is one of the sharper tools in the shedtam is one of the sharper tools in the shedtam is one of the sharper tools in the shedtam is one of the sharper tools in the shedtam is one of the sharper tools in the shedtam is one of the sharper tools in the shedtam is one of the sharper tools in the shedtam is one of the sharper tools in the shedtam is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: tam
tam's Tacoma Gallery
Get the bronze Konigs. TE37s are $$$$ and hard to find.
Old 08-29-2011, 12:17 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by tam View Post
Get the bronze Konigs. TE37s are $$$$ and hard to find.
this dude can get em...

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/buy...-offroads.html
Old 08-29-2011, 12:37 AM   #15
I miss my Taco
Zombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Zombie's Tacoma Gallery
I really like the black rims, but bronze always looks good on black vehicle. What are you going to do with your old wheels?
Old 08-29-2011, 07:34 AM   #16
CurboCycles is a glorious beacon of lightCurboCycles is a glorious beacon of lightCurboCycles is a glorious beacon of lightCurboCycles is a glorious beacon of lightCurboCycles is a glorious beacon of light

thx guys for all of the useful info. i'll post pics of whatever i do.

motorsport36, yours looks AWESOME.

Yes the bronze wheels on the tacoma I posted are super expensive, $800+ per wheel. I'll end up powder coating one of my sets of rims instead of buying new ones.

Zombie, I have 2 Tacomas right now. I'm keeping the 06 and will put whichever rims I don't powder coat on my 05 to sell.
Old 08-29-2011, 04:30 PM   #17
motorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

^thanks man. I'm local if you wanna see them in person
Old 08-29-2011, 06:13 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorsport36 View Post
^thanks man. I'm local if you wanna see them in person
did you paint your grill bronze too? its hard to tell cuz its subtle. I'm thinking of doing something similar with the toyota symbol.
Old 08-29-2011, 06:34 PM   #19
meantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andres
meantaco's Tacoma Gallery
Im liking the method race wheels more but the bronze ones look good too
Old 08-29-2011, 09:07 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurboCycles View Post
did you paint your grill bronze too? its hard to tell cuz its subtle. I'm thinking of doing something similar with the toyota symbol.
No I bought that at the dealer. It's a sport grill