R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

AZ TW Meet & Shoot

Old 09-03-2011, 02:22 PM   #1
^^^^ 3%er ^^^^
Packman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Packman73's Tacoma Gallery
AZ TW Meet & Shoot

What: Plinking/target practice; sighting in rifles, clays...

When: Oct 22nd 2011 (negotiable)
8:45am sharp (not negotiable)

Where: Christian Church Camp Rd & 74
http://maps.google.com/maps?rlz=1T4G...ed=0CDEQ8gEwAA

Why: Time to get some lead out!

I'll be bringing ARs, shotguns, and pistols (5.56/.223, 12g, .45 & 9mm).

So, BYOA (bring your own ammo) and targets and clays and cans for targets.

1.PFXD
Old 09-03-2011, 03:21 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
I may be in. I gotta get some rounds thru my 44..
Old 09-03-2011, 03:28 PM   #3
Veteran Redleg
SteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Arizona Army National Guard C BATTERY 1/180TH Field Artillery and the Pinal County Sheriff's Office
Name: Curt
SteelRain's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in....I have two steel plates to bring. I'll tray and bring my buddy who has the Class 3 stuff, so bring extra ammo.
Old 09-03-2011, 03:52 PM   #4
^^^^ 3%er ^^^^
Packman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
I'm THERE!!! Wild horses couldn't hold me back!
That's the spirit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinal1223 View Post
I'm in....I have two steel plates to bring. I'll tray and bring my buddy who has the Class 3 stuff, so bring extra ammo.
Woot!
Old 09-03-2011, 04:12 PM   #5
azgunrunner will become famous soon enoughazgunrunner will become famous soon enough

Law Enforcement: Former LEO
Name: George
azgunrunner's Tacoma Gallery
Hell that is down the street from my house.. I'll try to make it too.. I'm a C3 as well and will bring out a couple of things. MP5, MP5K, M4/416, USAS-12, maybe an AK too.

I've never been out there before so can anyone tell me if there are any long range things to shoot at? Like 300-700 yards? Been looking for a place for me to do some adhoc long range shooting to prepare for deer season.
Old 09-03-2011, 04:46 PM   #7
"I'd Rather Live, Than Live Forever"
Moose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
Moose1988's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in, havent been out shooting in a while.. miss living up north in the rural country.
Old 09-03-2011, 05:41 PM   #8
I am an asshole, deal with it!
extremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Chief Fire Controlman, Phalanx, CG-49, LCC-19, FFG-37, LPWS C-RAM 5-5 ADA A Battery
Name: Turd Furgison
extremachn1's Tacoma Gallery
I might be in for this... What distance are we talking? Long enough for a long rifle (100+ yards)?
Old 09-03-2011, 06:25 PM   #9
Veteran Redleg
SteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Arizona Army National Guard C BATTERY 1/180TH Field Artillery and the Pinal County Sheriff's Office
Hmm....azgunrunner has access to class 3 stuff too? This could get serious...better start saving up ammo. LoL
Old 09-03-2011, 08:48 PM   #10
extremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Chief Fire Controlman, Phalanx, CG-49, LCC-19, FFG-37, LPWS C-RAM 5-5 ADA A Battery
I am thinking of picking up either a .17HMR bolt action or a .22WSM bolt action for a fun cheap rifle to plunk with and do some rodent plugging. I havent decided which on yet.
Old 09-03-2011, 08:52 PM   #11
Veteran Redleg

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremachn1 View Post
I am thinking of picking up either a .17HMR bolt action or a .22WSM bolt action for a fun cheap rifle to plunk with and do some rodent plugging. I havent decided which on yet.

Rodent plugging huh? How about a good heavy barrel Ruger 10/22 and run CCI Stingers through it?
Old 09-03-2011, 09:11 PM   #12
^^^^ 3%er ^^^^

Quote:
I might be in for this... What distance are we talking? Long enough for a long rifle (100+ yards)?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerfanXD View Post
This place I know is nice but it's only about 180 yds...
Old 09-03-2011, 09:13 PM   #13
Quote:
Rodent plugging huh? How about a good heavy barrel Ruger 10/22 and run CCI Stingers through it?
EH, I looked at those. The .22LR round is good and is a tried and true round but the .17HMR and .22WMR pack a little more punch and are both good out to 100+ yards. Plus they are only $2-5 more a box so that cost is not a big thing. The .17HMR is a flatter faster round and the .22WMR is a heavier round so packs more punch at range and is faster than a .22LR but not as fast as the .17HMR. Same goes for the ballistics, the .22WMR is not as flat as the .17HMR but is much flatter than the .22LR.

I can pick up a little bolt action for $200-400 and then another couple hundred to throw a scope on it.
Old 09-03-2011, 09:15 PM   #14
180 yards is good. I will bring out my Rem 700 SPS Tactical .308 and some 2" targets. We will see who can hit them.
Old 09-03-2011, 09:15 PM   #15
Veteran Redleg

Quote:
EH, I looked at those. The .22LR round is good and is a tried and true round but the .17HMR and .22WMR pack a little more punch and are both good out to 100+ yards. Plus they are only $2-5 more a box so that cost is not a big thing. The .17HMR is a flatter faster round and the .22WMR is a heavier round so packs more punch at range and is faster than a .22LR but not as fast as the .17HMR. Same goes for the ballistics, the .22WMR is not as flat as the .17HMR but is much flatter than the .22LR.

I can pick up a little bolt action for $200-400 and then another couple hundred to throw a scope on it.
Ah....so you're wanting something for distance. I was thinking of something for shooting at rodents around 50 or so meters out.
Old 09-03-2011, 09:28 PM   #16
Quote:
Ah....so you're wanting something for distance. I was thinking of something for shooting at rodents around 50 or so meters out.
Yea, I plan on doing 50 yards +/- but I like having the option of going a bit longer if I need/want to.
For long range stuff I have a M1A 7.62 set up as a Marine DMR and a Remington 700 SPS Tacticle 308 set up like the US M-40 sniper rifle (except for I have a 20" BBL).

For truely long range stuff (1000+ yards) I am looking at something like Savage 110 Long Range Hunter in .338 Lapua.
Old 09-04-2011, 12:59 PM   #18
OH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like a fun day!
Old 09-04-2011, 01:06 PM   #19
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
1. PFXD
2. ColtsTRD
Old 09-04-2011, 01:10 PM   #20
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by McJosh View Post
I may be in if I get a gun in time.