R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

Next AZ mod day - Saturday Oct. 8 2011

Old 09-07-2011, 03:45 PM   #21
G scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Garrett
G scott04's Tacoma Gallery
I'll take care of the hookers
Old 09-07-2011, 03:59 PM   #22
I need to go return some videotapes...
Seabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by McJosh View Post
Add me in as a maybe. What will I show up with? Empty hands and empty stomach. jk I'll probably bring hot dog or ham burger buns, jack and stands
Added. Hope to see you there, Josh. Haven't seen you since that last mod day at Himmie's
Old 09-07-2011, 04:01 PM   #23
TheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: Seth
TheGloryFades's Tacoma Gallery
Got the go ahead as far as the day off so count me in. I have a Jack and jackstands I can bring. As of right now nothing I need to do but will gladly lend a hand
Old 09-07-2011, 05:16 PM   #24
Seabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGloryFades View Post
Got the go ahead as far as the day off so count me in. I have a Jack and jackstands I can bring. As of right now nothing I need to do but will gladly lend a hand
Added!
Old 09-07-2011, 05:20 PM   #25
TheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
I'll probably buy the parts necessary to do the diff breather mod and maybe paint for my front bumper
Old 09-07-2011, 05:24 PM   #26

Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
I also really need to troubleshoot a shimmy/vibration issue which is intermittent (20% of the time I hardly feel it). I notice the exact motion most when going exactly 10mph, but it vibrates the entire steering wheel when going faster. It feels like one of my front wheels slowly goes up and down like a "waddling" effect. I've balanced and rotated multiple times, and no matter what it's always still there. I'm concerned about a cv axle shaft bend or something like that. I've hit some hard bumps and with the plate bumper/winch weight, I think I might have done something.

Ideas for me to start thinking about would be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-07-2011, 05:28 PM   #27
Law Enforcement:
Can you lift the front and spin the wheel while watching the cv shaft?
Old 09-07-2011, 05:29 PM   #28

Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGloryFades View Post
Can you lift the front and spin the wheel while watching the cv shaft?
That's probably what I'm going to do tonight on both sides. It's starting to really drive me nuts and I hope I'm not doing any bearing damage or anything (unless that's the issue)
Old 09-07-2011, 05:53 PM   #29
Disco Disco...
SGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: NBCNCO, HHC, 1-158 INF
Name: Scott
SGT Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I will most likly be there... i can bring my air tank (think it is a 25 gal) and extra hand tools. as for what i have to do??? i have the parts for dif breather, de-badge or plasti dip, paint wheels black and a satoshi grill... but it might be done by then. I can work on what ever electrical or mechanical stuff people have.
Old 09-07-2011, 05:59 PM   #30
G scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Oh! I'll try to have purchased a pair of subs by then because I'm really bad at wiring
Old 09-07-2011, 06:05 PM   #31
OH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
I have a spring compressor and a Jack.
I sadly lost my cool rubber wheel chocks at the last shindig so I won't have those.
I am out of town for a while but I will confirm when I get back in.
This is way to close to my house to miss!
Thanks Seabass for putting your home at risk to help fellow Zonies!
Old 09-07-2011, 06:05 PM   #32
Disco Disco...
SGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass View Post
Work being done:
  • Seabass - possible 886's, 9000 shocks, and Dakar leafs

As for you 886's... i would not count on being able to use hand held spring compressors! Outkast, Lil Outkast, Moose, and i found out first hand with my 886's. did the driver side with them, took about an hour just to compress it enough to get it in the strut, and those things looked like they were going to pop at any second. Then when we brought the passenger side to a shop with a pneumatic coil compressor, it was still not strong enough to compress it. We had to shave down the rubber bushings for the strut just to get it close enough to start to thread!
I would say have a shop on stand by to just swap out your coils once we get them out of your truck, but up to you. I just know i will not be jumping in to compress them like i did on outkast truck at the last mod day.
Old 09-07-2011, 06:07 PM   #33
Disco Disco...

Quote:
Originally Posted by G scott04 View Post
Oh! I'll try to have purchased a pair of subs by then because I'm really bad at wiring
I can do this for you! i have done mine, Moose's and Outkast's systems. I do very clean work!
Old 09-07-2011, 06:10 PM   #34
OH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT Taco View Post
As for you 886's... i would not count on being able to use hand held spring compressors! Outkast, Lil Outkast, Moose, and i found out first hand with my 886's. did the driver side with them, took about an hour just to compress it enough to get it in the strut, and those things looked like they were going to pop at any second. Then when we brought the passenger side to a shop with a pneumatic coil compressor, it was still not strong enough to compress it. We had to shave down the rubber bushings for the strut just to get it close enough to start to thread!
I would say have a shop on stand by to just swap out your coils once we get them out of your truck, but up to you. I just know i will not be jumping in to compress them like i did on outkast truck at the last mod day.

My Caveman Flintstone 2000 has performed dozens of swaps and my own 886s I will not let Chris operate it!!!!
Trust me I have a spring compressor an I am here to help!
Old 09-07-2011, 06:16 PM   #35
Self Proclaimed first gen expert :doh:
Greensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Greensystemsgo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass View Post
I also really need to troubleshoot a shimmy/vibration issue which is intermittent (20% of the time I hardly feel it). I notice the exact motion most when going exactly 10mph, but it vibrates the entire steering wheel when going faster. It feels like one of my front wheels slowly goes up and down like a "waddling" effect. I've balanced and rotated multiple times, and no matter what it's always still there. I'm concerned about a cv axle shaft bend or something like that. I've hit some hard bumps and with the plate bumper/winch weight, I think I might have done something.

Ideas for me to start thinking about would be greatly appreciated.
just redid my trucks frotn end, bearing, ball joings, tie rod (unlikely), and bushings for control arms and shocks.

Less likely, cv damaged, diff tweaked, control/spindle tweaked, steering is out of tune (shot bushings) or power steering.

really wish i had the funds for a stereo, i needsone bad.
Old 09-07-2011, 06:53 PM   #36
Disco Disco...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH-MAN View Post
My Caveman Flintstone 2000 has performed dozens of swaps and my own 886s I will not let Chris operate it!!!!
Trust me I have a spring compressor an I am here to help!

I dont get it... Caveman Flintstone 2000?
Old 09-07-2011, 06:55 PM   #37
I am an asshole, deal with it!
extremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Chief Fire Controlman, Phalanx, CG-49, LCC-19, FFG-37, LPWS C-RAM 5-5 ADA A Battery
Name: Turd Furgison
extremachn1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by G scott04 View Post
I'll take care of the hookers
HOOKERS... I AM SO THERE... Hookers and sailors go together like lamb and tuna fish!!!
Old 09-07-2011, 06:57 PM   #38
Disco Disco...

i just looked at your pics steeve, and i see the coil compressor that you used... i like it! have not seen one like that before, looks like a winner there instead of that crappy POS from auto zone!
Old 09-07-2011, 07:05 PM   #39
ˇYo Quiero Taco World!
hamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
hamNswiss on rye's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I dont get it... Caveman Flintstone 2000?
they are prehistoric, though they work like a charm...steve helped me swap out my front shocks and they performed quite well.
Old 09-07-2011, 08:51 PM   #40
Quote:
I can do this for you! i have done mine, Moose's and Outkast's systems. I do very clean work!
Sweet! I would love to learn! Ill also try to build the boxes for the rear under seat storage.. thats where i was thinking of putting them!