R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

Next AZ mod day - Saturday Oct. 8 2011

Old 09-07-2011, 09:19 PM   #41
Morto un papa, se ne fa un'altro
motorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: EOD TEU1, MU 8, BUD/s 225, MA 9545
Name: Jason
motorsport36's Tacoma Gallery
I'm def in. I'll bring food and water of some sort. I also have brand new jack stands and a sweet lift. I have HID's and red line hood struts. shouldn't take long and then I'll lend a hand to whomever needs it. of course i'll bring the camera too! oh yeah can't forget the 7&7!!!!!
Old 09-07-2011, 09:21 PM   #42
Self Proclaimed first gen expert :doh:
Greensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Greensystemsgo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorsport36 View Post
I'm def in. I'll bring food and water of some sort. I also have brand new jack stands and a sweet lift. I have HID's and red line hood struts. shouldn't take long and then I'll lend a hand to whomever needs it.
what all do i need for my little badge project? i have all but the v6 badge, but should get that by the mod day.

plasti dip, and ill bring some painters tape and steal borrow a neighbors newspaper again. do i even need to rough the badges up?
Old 09-07-2011, 09:28 PM   #43
motorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

^ you'll need some double sided 3M tape to put them on. After that i used blue painters tape, newspaper, and black plasti dip. You dont need to rough them up, just wash them when you get to the meet. We will let them dry and prep for paint. No prob man. I'll lend a hand
Old 09-07-2011, 09:40 PM   #44
Greensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
^ you'll need some double sided 3M tape to put them on. After that i used blue painters tape, newspaper, and black plasti dip. You dont need to rough them up, just wash them when you get to the meet. We will let them dry and prep for paint. No prob man. I'll lend a hand
Thx bro. will i be able to find thin enough double sided tape locally?
Old 09-07-2011, 09:43 PM   #45

^ yeah just look around. It won't be as thin as the stuff they use from the factory.
Old 09-07-2011, 10:03 PM   #46

Quote:
^ yeah just look around. It won't be as thin as the stuff they use from the factory.
ever try http://www.autozone.com/autozone/acc...er=316901_0_0_
Old 09-07-2011, 11:15 PM   #48

I have not, maybe someone else can offer their .02 cents

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greensystemsgo View Post
Old 09-08-2011, 07:43 AM   #49
"I'd Rather Live, Than Live Forever"
Moose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
Moose1988's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in. Don't have much to do. Not alot of tools either, but ill bring the basics and a helping hand. The only thing i have to do is my sound deadening, top plate, and finish up some wiring with the stereo. MAYBE get the stuff to do my abs killswitch and locker anytime mod I might do all that before the meet tho. I'll bring a big case of water.
Old 09-08-2011, 11:29 AM   #50
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cr250jumper's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
what all do i need for my little badge project? i have all but the v6 badge, but should get that by the mod day.

plasti dip, and ill bring some painters tape and steal borrow a neighbors newspaper again. do i even need to rough the badges up?
Go to a hobby shop that sells RC car stuff and buy "servo tape". Its black and a lot thinner than the 3m tape. I did mine with that and you cant even see the tape. Its made for RC cars to mount servos and stuff. And it strong as hell!

Edit: here is a photo of some. Also comes in rolls too
http://teamassociated.com/parts/details/6727/
Old 09-08-2011, 11:54 AM   #51
lithous is on a distinguished road
Army: SAPPER!
lithous's Tacoma Gallery
I should be able to make it. Depending on work. Can bring air compressor, tierod seperator and other misc tools needed. Burgers, dogs, drinks whatever is needed.

If i order/recieve new front struts i will be doing that.
Old 09-08-2011, 11:56 AM   #52
lithous is on a distinguished road
Army: SAPPER!
lithous's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I have a V6 badge you can have.
Old 09-08-2011, 01:47 PM   #53

ill do my locker anytime mod as well this day too
Old 09-08-2011, 03:38 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremachn1 View Post
HOOKERS... I AM SO THERE... Hookers and sailors go together like lamb and tuna fish!!!
Hahaha...maybe we can get a table and play smiles!!!
Old 09-08-2011, 04:17 PM   #55
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hahaha...maybe we can get a table and play smiles!!!

haha oh god that shit would be so funny to play.... i wouldnt be able to stop laughing even if i wasnt supposed to be.....
Old 09-08-2011, 04:39 PM   #56
Big things have small beginnings
staticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Commo: You can talk about us, but you can't talk without us!
Name: Steve
staticsquelch's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in. Got tools I can bring. Nothing really for mods but I will try and pick up everything for the diff breather mod.
Old 09-08-2011, 07:32 PM   #57
OH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
Bring tools, even thought here will be a bunch of "TOOLS" there we need to have the hand type.
Allways seem to need something.
Should be a bit cooler by then we hope.
Old 09-08-2011, 08:20 PM   #58
G scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Garrett
G scott04's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97yota4wd View Post
haha oh god that shit would be so funny to play.... i wouldnt be able to stop laughing even if i wasnt supposed to be.....
Me either... well maybe not haha
Old 09-08-2011, 09:01 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97yota4wd View Post

There in lies the fun!! lol
Old 09-09-2011, 10:58 AM   #60
I need to go return some videotapes...
Seabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bloodshart
Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT Taco View Post
I will most likly be there... i can bring my air tank (think it is a 25 gal) and extra hand tools. as for what i have to do??? i have the parts for dif breather, de-badge or plasti dip, paint wheels black and a satoshi grill... but it might be done by then. I can work on what ever electrical or mechanical stuff people have.
added!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH-MAN View Post
I have a spring compressor and a Jack.
I sadly lost my cool rubber wheel chocks at the last shindig so I won't have those.
I am out of town for a while but I will confirm when I get back in.
This is way to close to my house to miss!
Thanks Seabass for putting your home at risk to help fellow Zonies!
Added! My pleasure hosting this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT Taco View Post
As for you 886's... i would not count on being able to use hand held spring compressors! Outkast, Lil Outkast, Moose, and i found out first hand with my 886's. did the driver side with them, took about an hour just to compress it enough to get it in the strut, and those things looked like they were going to pop at any second. Then when we brought the passenger side to a shop with a pneumatic coil compressor, it was still not strong enough to compress it. We had to shave down the rubber bushings for the strut just to get it close enough to start to thread!
I would say have a shop on stand by to just swap out your coils once we get them out of your truck, but up to you. I just know i will not be jumping in to compress them like i did on outkast truck at the last mod day.
Good to know. I know they'll be stiffer, but damn! Sounds like the lift I'll need to hold up the bumper/winch. Looks like OH-MANs spring compressor can handle it though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH-MAN View Post
My Caveman Flintstone 2000 has performed dozens of swaps and my own 886s I will not let Chris operate it!!!!
Trust me I have a spring compressor an I am here to help!
Awesome!

Quote:
I'm def in. I'll bring food and water of some sort. I also have brand new jack stands and a sweet lift. I have HID's and red line hood struts. shouldn't take long and then I'll lend a hand to whomever needs it. of course i'll bring the camera too! oh yeah can't forget the 7&7!!!!!
Added!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0uTkAsT View Post
I'm down if I'm not working and in town. I have Billies to put on the rear but might not wait until the mod day to do them. We'll see, so put me down as a maybe.
Got you down on the Maybe list

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose1988 View Post
I'm in. Don't have much to do. Not alot of tools either, but ill bring the basics and a helping hand. The only thing i have to do is my sound deadening, top plate, and finish up some wiring with the stereo. MAYBE get the stuff to do my abs killswitch and locker anytime mod I might do all that before the meet tho. I'll bring a big case of water.
Added!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lithous View Post
I should be able to make it. Depending on work. Can bring air compressor, tierod seperator and other misc tools needed. Burgers, dogs, drinks whatever is needed.

If i order/recieve new front struts i will be doing that.
Added!

Quote:
Originally Posted by staticsquelch View Post
I'm in. Got tools I can bring. Nothing really for mods but I will try and pick up everything for the diff breather mod.
Added!

Ok, looks like I have everything up to date. Let me know if I missed anyone. As we get closer, I'll PM the address and directions.

Just to be sure, I have to check the HOA regs to see if they aren't going to freak out with tons of trucks up the street and work being done in the garage. I'm not too worried about it, as long as we're not obnoxious with the neighbors. They all seem pretty quiet and friendly. A couple guys on my street have Rangers and they're working on them once in a while. Nobody seems to complain about that.