R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

anyone in the east valley have an SWR meter i can borrow?

Old 09-10-2011, 07:58 PM   #1
ˇYo Quiero Taco World!
hamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
hamNswiss on rye's Tacoma Gallery
anyone in the east valley have an SWR meter i can borrow?

i wired up my new and improved cb setup last night, and i think my SWR meter was broken. after wiring, it was showing a 1:1 reading on ch 1 and 40 (without any adjustment). i was wondering if anyone in the east valley would lend me theirs for the day or help me tune my setup. thanks
Old 09-10-2011, 10:39 PM   #3
ˇYo Quiero Taco World!
hamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shed

haha right on, thats basically where i live. i was probably going to the gym or out to get food...thats really the only reason i leave the house on the weekend
Old 09-12-2011, 10:15 AM   #4
I need to go return some videotapes...
Seabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamNswiss on rye View Post
i wired up my new and improved cb setup last night, and i think my SWR meter was broken. after wiring, it was showing a 1:1 reading on ch 1 and 40 (without any adjustment). i was wondering if anyone in the east valley would lend me theirs for the day or help me tune my setup. thanks
You might have actually gotten lucky and have a perfect antenna setup. It is possible to get a 1:1 all the way across all 40 channels. I did it with my setup, but had to make some small adjusts with my SWR meter. Too bad I don't still live out in the EV or I'd give you a hand (unless you feel like trekking to Peoria)
Old 09-12-2011, 10:33 AM   #5
ˇYo Quiero Taco World!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass View Post
You might have actually gotten lucky and have a perfect antenna setup. It is possible to get a 1:1 all the way across all 40 channels. I did it with my setup, but had to make some small adjusts with my SWR meter. Too bad I don't still live out in the EV or I'd give you a hand (unless you feel like trekking to Peoria)
could be, but i feel like its HIGHLY unlikely. I have my antenna mounted behind the cab on the driver side, my antenna got scratched and some of the rubber coating is scratched off down to the insides of the antenna, and my ground is just some 14ga wire...too many 'negative setup factors' for a 1:1:1 i feel like. I might have to take you up on swinging out to Peoria sometime sooner, though...