R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

U-FIX-IT Automotive tech day 24/25 Sept!!!

Old 09-16-2011, 08:57 PM   #1
I am an asshole, deal with it!
extremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Chief Fire Controlman, Phalanx, CG-49, LCC-19, FFG-37, LPWS C-RAM 5-5 ADA A Battery
Name: Turd Furgison
extremachn1's Tacoma Gallery
Exclamation U-FIX-IT Automotive tech day 24/25 Sept!!!

All,
I am most likely headed up to the U-FIX-IT Automotive garage in Phoenix http://www.ufixitautomotive.com/ (Thanks to AMAES (Alex) for the info) next weekend (24/25 Sept) to install my new suspension and UCA's. If anyone wants to give me a hand (especially you Alex since you have done this install before) I would greatly appreciate it and am more than willing to pay for lunch or beers afterwards as re-payment.

Also, if someone is looking for a good lift, I will be selling my 5100's, Eibach springs, and rear leaf pack (TSB+AAL) once my expedition pack comes in. But if you want my suspension (gives about 2" of lift) and give a hand we might be able to do your truck and mine and I will give a smoking deal on everything.

I also have my URD short throw shifter to install if I have time.

So again, if anyone is interested post up on here as I would love to have some experianced help in this case.
Old 09-16-2011, 09:00 PM   #2
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
That place is awesome! every tool you could imagine and a lift for so cheap, really makes things easier!

The guys there are knowledgeable and always willing to help.
Old 09-16-2011, 09:04 PM   #3
extremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Chief Fire Controlman, Phalanx, CG-49, LCC-19, FFG-37, LPWS C-RAM 5-5 ADA A Battery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08pretaco View Post
That place is awesome! every tool you could imagine and a lift for so cheap, really makes things easier!

The guys there are knowledgeable and always willing to help.
That is what I have been told and looks good from the web reviews.

It would definatly make work quick and easy if we had 2 crews to work front and back of the truck at the same time (back will be easy, just shocks and possibly break lines if they have a speed bleeder). Front is UCA's Coil overs, and brake lines.
Old 09-16-2011, 09:18 PM   #4
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I work then unfort otherwise i would love to help since I go the Fox upfront with TC uppers, easy install and nothing to it!

you running extended travel or no?
Old 09-16-2011, 09:21 PM   #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08pretaco View Post
I work then unfort otherwise i would love to help since I go the Fox upfront with TC uppers, easy install and nothing to it!

you running extended travel or no?
No, no long travel. This is simply more lift and better suspension components.
Old 09-16-2011, 09:29 PM   #6
Almost there

Oh you can run extended travel without running long travel. With the recommended set-up for extended travel coil-over you pull close to 10" of travel, more like 9.5" from everyone but ya reagardless lol
Old 09-16-2011, 09:36 PM   #7
Ok, I am pretty ignorant on some things admittedly and this seems to be one of them. What exactly constitutes mid travel? I guess I will be running some sort of extended travel, that was the point of getting this set up. More flex and articulation as well as handling better offroad.

Please, educate me on the differance between mid and LT suspension.
Old 09-16-2011, 09:42 PM   #8
Almost there

i personally do not know the difference. From what some members think it is a uni-ball UCA and aftermarket coil-overs....some think its uniballs and extended travel coil-overs.....some think its some sort of aftermarket spindles (TC or Burg) ALONG with uniball UCA's and extended travel coil-overs.

Your never going to get a definite answer unfortunately since its the internet. Personally I think its when you can LIFT the truck and achieve MORE than the factory travel. YEs some will argue with me but thats what the WWW is for arguements and self explanation!
Old 09-16-2011, 09:55 PM   #9
Well, I have all you listed so I will go with YES, I guess I am going with a mid travel suspension.

Aftermarket coil springs... Check
Expended travel shocks... Check
Uni-ball UCA... Check
Aftermarket spindles... Check not needed, smart enough to buy 4x4
Aftermarket rear shocks... Check
Extended travel rear leafs... Check

Pure awesomeness... Double thumbs up check

I guess I am going with a mid travel kit. Now I can use that as a response to anyones comment...

"Blah, blah, blah, I bought a new truck!" "Blah, blah, blah, my dog died!" Blah, blah, blah, I have testicular cancer!" "Blah, blah, blah, blah!"

FUCK YOU, my truck has mid travel suspension! Now what bitch????

Yep, I am so now responding to everyone like that.. LoL

Oliver, thanks for the edufication...
Old 09-17-2011, 07:58 AM   #10
Almost there

I was pretty drunk last night so I'm going through all my posts and I might be editing some things through out the day lol
Old 09-18-2011, 08:22 PM   #11
No worries Oliver...

So can I expect anyone to come up and help this coming weekend?
Old 09-19-2011, 10:53 AM   #12
Disco Disco...
SGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: NBCNCO, HHC, 1-158 INF
Name: Scott
SGT Taco's Tacoma Gallery
i'm there! send me a text with the details. 602-412-7300
Old 09-19-2011, 12:48 PM   #13
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT Taco View Post
i'm there! send me a text with the details. 602-412-7300
PM SENT, my phone is having "issues!"
Old 09-19-2011, 06:30 PM   #14
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Im gonna try to make it, but its a very slim chance..
Old 09-21-2011, 09:50 AM   #16
Alright, so my Allpro expedition leaf packs with timbren bumb stops and Ubolt flip kit will be delivered tomorrow and I called Allpro about spanner wrenches for the FOX 2.5 coil overs and they said there should have been 2 of them in the kits which there were not. So they are next daying me 2 spanner wrenches so I will have those. I am ready to go on saturday... WOOHOO.

So I double checked the U-fix it site and its not $20 for a lift bay. Its $20 an HOUR for a lift bay. No biggie, even if it takes me 5 hours ($100) thats still well worth it for being inside in the AC with good tools and a lift.
Old 09-21-2011, 09:53 AM   #17
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
dont think im gonna be able to make it.
Old 09-21-2011, 10:29 AM   #18
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97yota4wd View Post
dont think im gonna be able to make it.

Thats fine, I will just molest your truck to show my general contempt of you!!!
Old 09-21-2011, 02:22 PM   #19
OK, I have a stall reserved from opening (9am) for about 4-5 hours. No biggie if we need more or less time. So I will be there NLT 8:45. See you guys there.
Old 09-21-2011, 05:11 PM   #20
Disco Disco...
SGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: NBCNCO, HHC, 1-158 INF
Name: Scott
SGT Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds good, i will be there!

If we get your truck done, can we roll mine in and take care of it after? i will cover all charges for the time. And i know Outkast will like to take care of his truck also. Going to put to use all your suspension parts that you are taking off.