R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

Arizona Trail Day feeler

Old 09-18-2011, 06:14 PM   #1
N7MCS
Chipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 31R, HHB, 2/43 ADA Battalian, 108th ADA Brigade, XVIII Airborne Corps
Name: Chip
Chipskip's Tacoma Gallery
Arizona Trail Day feeler

It's been over a year since we did that **EPIC** Arizona Trail day with a over 50+ Tacomas. AriZonaD54 & Masada (And the others that I don't know) did an AMAZING job putting that together. I think it is time we started planning for another one, this time even more epic than before... can we get 100 trucks?

I was thinking late February. Start planning it now and give people plenty of time to take the time off work, buy & install one (or three) more mods before the run. Install those Christmas presents you bought for your Taco. Or even come in from another state (that would be awesome).

We could do the same trail or maybe find a great trail on the East side of Arizona.

I have never put one of these things together but I am will to do whatever is needed to put it together, I am sure I will have lots of questions for AriZona54 & Masada). Or if someone else wants to step up than I will do what every they need in the way of help.

Let's start by finding out who is interested, get date suggestions and trail suggestions. Then I can put up a poll to narrow it down.
Old 09-18-2011, 07:09 PM   #2
ɔoɯq
BMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paden
BMOC's Tacoma Gallery
masada banned and arizona54 sold his truck for a beamer IIRC.

but this sounds like a great plan either way i'm excite
Old 09-18-2011, 07:21 PM   #3
I am an asshole, deal with it!
extremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Chief Fire Controlman, Phalanx, CG-49, LCC-19, FFG-37, LPWS C-RAM 5-5 ADA A Battery
Name: Turd Furgison
extremachn1's Tacoma Gallery
Lets get together a 3-4 day wheeling gig in northern Arizona/Lower Utah or something.. I would like to hit Moab or Arches national park..
Old 09-19-2011, 02:01 AM   #4
RINZLER
T4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Stefen
T4C0CH40S's Tacoma Gallery
i saw pics of that last big trail run right after i bought my truck! that looked awesome seeing all those tacomas so yea hopefully we can get something like that planned for early next year!
Old 09-19-2011, 11:14 PM   #5
Claymore21 has a spectacular aura aboutClaymore21 has a spectacular aura aboutClaymore21 has a spectacular aura about
Claymore21's Tacoma Gallery
This sounds like fun! I looked at the pics from Sept. 2010, incredible!
I'm glad gearhead and pass is okay.
Old 09-20-2011, 10:12 AM   #6
N7MCS
Chipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremachn1 View Post
Lets get together a 3-4 day wheeling gig in northern Arizona/Lower Utah or something.. I would like to hit Moab or Arches national park..
That sounds cool, I would be in. However, I don't think we will get the numbers that we had before. Most people only have time for a day run or maybe a little nervous about doing a multi-day run with people they don't know.

Put this together and I will be in. Just not for a month or two as I am out of vacation time for the year.
Old 09-20-2011, 10:19 AM   #7
N7MCS

From reading the feedback from the last run, I am thinking a one day run with an early start and maybe a BBQ afterwards. Thinking Saturday February 25th, 2012. Meet up at 7 am and be rolling by 8 am. Try for a 6-8 hour round trip run. BBQ afterwards somewhere?

Was thinking that something towards Strawberry/Payson area, lots of beautiful country and maybe some water.

I have lived in AZ my whole life but don't know the trails up that way. Maybe someone can make some suggestions. Doesn't have to be East Arizona, it could be anywhere.
Old 09-20-2011, 11:57 AM   #8
cepadams is on a distinguished road
Name: Adam
cepadams's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds great, im new to TW and am looking forward to hitting the trails with other tacos instead of wheelin my friends around! Day trip would be best.
Old 09-20-2011, 03:34 PM   #9
I need to go return some videotapes...
Seabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
Count me in for whatever. I wouldn't mind a multi day trip or a single day one. I just want to gtfo of town and wheel
Old 09-20-2011, 04:05 PM   #10
Morto un papa, se ne fa un'altro
motorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: EOD TEU1, MU 8, BUD/s 225, MA 9545
Name: Jason
motorsport36's Tacoma Gallery
I don't care when or where it is, count me in
Old 09-20-2011, 04:17 PM   #11
I need to go return some videotapes...
Seabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
Keep in mind that the 40+ truck run last year was painfully slow. It takes twice as long to get to the final destination, which can be a bit frustrating to some but it does make for a good social experience. I don't care if we haul ass or if we poke along and stop once in a while to bullshit. It's all good to me.
Old 09-21-2011, 05:05 PM   #12
ˇYo Quiero Taco World!
hamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
hamNswiss on rye's Tacoma Gallery
id be in for a mellow trail that we could run relatively slowly. im looking to take it easy on my new truck, and keep it mellow because im only running 265's/no trail armor/no lift
Old 09-21-2011, 06:06 PM   #13
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass View Post
Keep in mind that the 40+ truck run last year was painfully slow. It takes twice as long to get to the final destination, which can be a bit frustrating to some but it does make for a good social experience. I don't care if we haul ass or if we poke along and stop once in a while to bullshit. It's all good to me.
this
Old 09-22-2011, 07:38 AM   #14
N7MCS

Quote:
Keep in mind that the 40+ truck run last year was painfully slow. It takes twice as long to get to the final destination, which can be a bit frustrating to some but it does make for a good social experience.

This was one of my issues with the last big Arizona Trail Day too. One suggestion is to do two different start times or two trails that start end near each other.

Even though it was a little frustrating at some points with all the trucks we had, the view of all those trucks on one trail was awesome! Also, we had a good group last time that did deal with it just fine. We would need to do a better job of spreading out the trucks with CBs so that everyone is informed on what is going on when we stop.
Old 09-22-2011, 04:38 PM   #15
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
this

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtsTRD View Post
this
that

i cant stand driving slow off road... i like a nice 2-7 truck run but of course ill be in for a huge one also, but i may be bald from me ripping my hair out by the end of the run.
Old 09-22-2011, 04:41 PM   #16
Specalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Specalt's Tacoma Gallery
Ill be in for this.
Old 09-22-2011, 07:49 PM   #17
Gun Toting Gearhead
0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
0uTkAsT's Tacoma Gallery
I'm always down for anything. The meet at the Pavilions was a huge success, and I'm sure a trail run would have an even better turnout.

Northern / Eastern AZ sounds great to me, however most of the trails out there are nothing more than improved forest roads with limited opportunities for wheeling, and most of my exploring out there has either landed me on a Reservation, on someone's property, or in a fairly densely populated area. If anyone has suggestions for trails in that part of the state that avoid all of the above, I'd love to know about them! I'll of course... Uh, scout ahead... And make sure everything is safe for everyone else! Yeah, safety first!