R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

My Roadtrip through AZ and CO

Old 09-26-2011, 11:19 PM   #1
b4iceman is one of the sharper tools in the shedb4iceman is one of the sharper tools in the shedb4iceman is one of the sharper tools in the shedb4iceman is one of the sharper tools in the shedb4iceman is one of the sharper tools in the shedb4iceman is one of the sharper tools in the shedb4iceman is one of the sharper tools in the shedb4iceman is one of the sharper tools in the shedb4iceman is one of the sharper tools in the shedb4iceman is one of the sharper tools in the shedb4iceman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
b4iceman's Tacoma Gallery
My Roadtrip through AZ and CO

(Ratings based on guide books by Charles A. Wells)

Soldier Pass Trail - Sedona, AZ (Difficult rating):

Sunset Crater near Flagstaff, AZ:

Telluride, CO

Imogene Pass Trail - between Telluride and Ouray (Moderate rating):

I had to back out of this trail about 5 miles into it. The snow was too thick and I wasn't equipped with snow chains.

Ophir Pass Trail - between Telluride and Silverton (Moderate rating):

Clear Lake Trail - near Silverton, CO (Easy rating):

Ouray, CO:

Yankee Boy Basin Trail - near Ouray, CO (Moderate rating):

Attached Thumbnails
My Roadtrip through AZ and CO-dscf0400.jpg   My Roadtrip through AZ and CO-dscf0401.jpg   My Roadtrip through AZ and CO-dscf0405.jpg   My Roadtrip through AZ and CO-dscf0407.jpg   My Roadtrip through AZ and CO-dscf0410.jpg  

My Roadtrip through AZ and CO-dscf0441.jpg   My Roadtrip through AZ and CO-dscf0454.jpg   My Roadtrip through AZ and CO-dscf0466.jpg   My Roadtrip through AZ and CO-dscf0468.jpg   My Roadtrip through AZ and CO-dscf0471.jpg  

My Roadtrip through AZ and CO-dscf0476.jpg   My Roadtrip through AZ and CO-dscf0481.jpg   My Roadtrip through AZ and CO-dscf0495.jpg   My Roadtrip through AZ and CO-dscf0496.jpg   My Roadtrip through AZ and CO-dscf0507.jpg  

My Roadtrip through AZ and CO-dscf0511.jpg   My Roadtrip through AZ and CO-dscf0543.jpg   My Roadtrip through AZ and CO-dscf0586.jpg   My Roadtrip through AZ and CO-dscf0592.jpg   My Roadtrip through AZ and CO-dscf0597.jpg  

Old 09-26-2011, 11:24 PM   #2
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
Looks like an awesome trip.... I really need to make it out to CO myself sometime
Old 09-26-2011, 11:25 PM   #3
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
wow. beautiful pics
Old 09-27-2011, 06:04 AM   #4
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
great pictures man!

truck looks good!
Old 09-27-2011, 06:37 AM   #5
OH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
We just came back on a road trip through colorado ( in the car not truck )
Left Colorado springs and headed to Durango, went through Montrose, Ouray, and Silverton on 9-25-11. All the leaves changing and a bit of snow on the peaks, I don't think I have seen any more beautifull country when the colors are out before the leaves drop off.

Great state but the flag needs a re do,
Old 09-27-2011, 06:38 AM   #6
SuperTacoma will become famous soon enoughSuperTacoma will become famous soon enough

Name: Clint
SuperTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Nice pictures.
Old 09-27-2011, 07:54 AM   #7
"I'd Rather Live, Than Live Forever"
Moose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
Moose1988's Tacoma Gallery
I'm jelly.. lol. Great pictures. Looks like a you had a blast!
Old 09-27-2011, 09:37 AM   #8
I need to go return some videotapes...
Seabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
We had a cabin for years that was about 40 miles east of Durango out by Pagosa Springs. Some really beautiful country up there. Used to take the train to Silverton every year to have lunch. Spent time in Ouray a couple times at the hot springs. Colorado has to be one of my favorite states in the country, and is probably at the top for outdoor activities that I enjoy.
Old 09-28-2011, 08:14 PM   #9
Danzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanzer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
Danzer's Tacoma Gallery
Amazing pics man thanks for sharing.
Old 09-29-2011, 04:31 PM   #11
pavement is boring....
lotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jace
lotsoftoys's Tacoma Gallery
check this out OP! NYCO and i just made a trip down to the san juans as well.... when did u try imogene and ophir???? we tried balck bear-backed down. we tried imogene- backed down
made it over ophir.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/off...adventure.html

pretty sure we were the closest to making it over imogene... stupid snow came early..... ha
Old 09-30-2011, 01:24 PM   #12
b4iceman is one of the sharper tools in the shedb4iceman is one of the sharper tools in the shedb4iceman is one of the sharper tools in the shedb4iceman is one of the sharper tools in the shedb4iceman is one of the sharper tools in the shedb4iceman is one of the sharper tools in the shedb4iceman is one of the sharper tools in the shedb4iceman is one of the sharper tools in the shedb4iceman is one of the sharper tools in the shedb4iceman is one of the sharper tools in the shedb4iceman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I attempted the Imogene Pass on Sunday morning around 8am 09.18.2011. I'm pretty sure it was your tracks that I was following the whole way up. I got stuck at the same spot as well a little bit passed the Tomboy area. I put it in 4 LO and I wasn't getting anywhere. I ddin't try locking the rear diff. Crazy! We must have just missed each other.

I forgot to turn on the runkeeper app for the Imogene Pass...

GPS links:

Ophir Pass:
http://runkeeper.com/user/jcmak/activity/52740399

Clear Lakes Trail:
http://runkeeper.com/user/jcmak/activity/52754423

Yankee Boy Basin Trail:
http://runkeeper.com/user/jcmak/activity/53172799

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotsoftoys View Post
check this out OP! NYCO and i just made a trip down to the san juans as well.... when did u try imogene and ophir???? we tried balck bear-backed down. we tried imogene- backed down
made it over ophir.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/off...adventure.html

pretty sure we were the closest to making it over imogene... stupid snow came early..... ha
Old 09-30-2011, 01:35 PM   #13
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by b4iceman View Post
I attempted the Imogene Pass on Sunday morning around 8am 09.18.2011. I'm pretty sure it was your tracks that I was following the whole way up. I got stuck at the same spot as well a little bit passed the Tomboy area. I put it in 4 LO and I wasn't getting anywhere. I ddin't try locking the rear diff. Crazy! We must have just missed each other.

I forgot to turn on the runkeeper app for the Imogene Pass...

GPS links:

Ophir Pass:
http://runkeeper.com/user/jcmak/activity/52740399

Clear Lakes Trail:
http://runkeeper.com/user/jcmak/activity/52754423

Yankee Boy Basin Trail:
http://runkeeper.com/user/jcmak/activity/53172799

damn! that's crazy! surprised we didn't see each other on the trail...that's close to when we went up...

yea we got close, but that snow was slippery!

Old 09-30-2011, 01:49 PM   #14
congicus is on a distinguished road

Name: mike
congicus's Tacoma Gallery
Man that looks like one great trip
Old 09-30-2011, 08:17 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by McJosh View Post
Great Pics! Those BFG's handled well, so it seems.
Yeah, the BFG All Terrain's were good. I didn't air them down once and I didn't have any problems getting through the trails, except for the Imogene Pass...
Old 09-30-2011, 08:27 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCO View Post
damn! that's crazy! surprised we didn't see each other on the trail...that's close to when we went up...

yea we got close, but that snow was slippery!

Yeah, there were a couple of times I went off trail and that snow made the truck slide around easily. Thanks for breaking trail for me. It was so much easier following your tracks. I couldn't imagine where the trail was with all that snow covering the ground.
Old 09-30-2011, 08:39 PM   #18
Hurray for Zoidberg!
tacoman_KC has much to be proud oftacoman_KC has much to be proud oftacoman_KC has much to be proud oftacoman_KC has much to be proud oftacoman_KC has much to be proud oftacoman_KC has much to be proud oftacoman_KC has much to be proud oftacoman_KC has much to be proud of

Name: John Zoidberg
tacoman_KC's Tacoma Gallery
Cool pictures...I just was on a road trip through CO myself, its beuatifull up there.
Old 10-01-2011, 05:35 PM   #19
pavement is boring....
lotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jace
lotsoftoys's Tacoma Gallery
thats tight we were around there the same time. wouldve been real cool to meet up on the trail
Old 10-04-2011, 06:07 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by neslerrah View Post
Great pictures. What route did you take going to CO? Did you go through the Navajo Reservation? I40?
I took the Navajo Reservation route with 160 through the Four Corners. I thought about I40 if I was wanted to visit New Mexico, but I'll save that for another trip.