R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

My next round of mods...

Old 10-04-2011, 06:44 PM   #23
I am an asshole, deal with it!
extremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Chief Fire Controlman, Phalanx, CG-49, LCC-19, FFG-37, LPWS C-RAM 5-5 ADA A Battery
Name: Turd Furgison
extremachn1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyouto42 View Post
nice choices man, though a caution on glass... your tires will kick rocks and debris to the inside of them and the paint will spider. Ask Alex lol... though you can help prevent it y using truck bed liner or such on the inner side. Also spacers aren't needed if you get different rims with a proper offset, but otherwise ya, go with the spiders or allpro spacers for sure. Also, might I recommend adding a winch to go on that list with your badass soon to be new front bumper?
Yea, I planned on building an inner fender to keep stuff from blasting through the glass...

I also plan on getting the winch at the same time as the bumper.
Old 10-04-2011, 06:45 PM   #24
extremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Chief Fire Controlman, Phalanx, CG-49, LCC-19, FFG-37, LPWS C-RAM 5-5 ADA A Battery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nofords08 View Post
35's are a big tire on our trucks lol
They are only big if you dont have the power to turn them. I am supercharged and once regeared there will be no shortage of ability to turn the tires.
Old 10-04-2011, 08:06 PM   #25
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
My statement had nothing to do with power. I have 35's
Old 10-04-2011, 08:13 PM   #26
Quote:
My statement had nothing to do with power. I have 35's
The differance is you did yours with a 6" lift. I am doing it with a 3" lift.

On a side note, anyone have experiance with the flex-a-lite kit for the tacomas? My fan shroud is busted at the bottom and my truck is running hotter (but not overly hot) due to inefficiantly pulling are. A new fan shroud is almost $300 from tacoma and the flex-a-lite kit is $350. I want peoples opinions who have them on how they hold up towing and offroading.
Old 10-04-2011, 08:16 PM   #27
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
And I still rub everywhere but me and Jake are at the same height in the rear
Old 10-04-2011, 08:22 PM   #28
Quote:
And I still rub everywhere but me and Jake are at the same height in the rear
Yea, thats where the pre-runner fenders come from and more trimming of the cab mount and other items. Also when I get my armored front bumper it will have to be trimmed to fit.
Old 10-04-2011, 08:31 PM   #29
I understand that but yeah if you don't mind beating some stuff back you will be good. I might go to 33's when I get my front kit on
Old 10-04-2011, 08:46 PM   #30
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
No matter how you cut it, we're all gunna have some pretty fuck'n badass modd'd taco's
Old 10-04-2011, 10:15 PM   #31
yeah if we ever have a mod day
Old 10-04-2011, 10:32 PM   #33
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0uTkAsT View Post
I'm not part of the cool kid club, but 35s sure as fuck look sweet.
Dude you got yourself a badass little rig, don't let anyone convince you otherwise
Old 10-04-2011, 10:33 PM   #34
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0uTkAsT View Post
I'm not part of the cool kid club, but 35s sure as fuck look sweet.
yeah chas is doing it right with a re-gear in mind lol
Old 10-04-2011, 10:41 PM   #36
Iron Beard

Quote:
yeah chas is doing it right with a re-gear in mind lol
He won't even need it with that blower and 2.8" underdrive pully haha
Old 10-04-2011, 10:43 PM   #37
but it will put the power back in the correct band
Old 10-05-2011, 06:31 AM   #38
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremachn1 View Post
Yea, thats where the pre-runner fenders come from and more trimming of the cab mount and other items. Also when I get my armored front bumper it will have to be trimmed to fit.

you realize your going to need to do alot more cutting than you think right? when i go back to the shop on monday ill take pics to show you what i did so i can fit 33s and wheel spacers, i couldnt imagine going with 35s.

its going to be mroe than trimming plastic and beating stuff with a hammer.

i cut 2 inches out of my fire wall, beat it back, and welded it back together.
Old 10-05-2011, 06:36 AM   #39
BadAss
KingOfTacomas is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingOfTacomas is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingOfTacomas is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingOfTacomas is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingOfTacomas is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingOfTacomas is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingOfTacomas is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingOfTacomas is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingOfTacomas is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingOfTacomas is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingOfTacomas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
KingOfTacomas's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremachn1 View Post
So here is what I have planned for my next set of mods... Tell me what you think of this. Most of its pretty straight forward although I have fallen in love with the look of a mid travel suspension with fiberglass pre-runner fenders. I like the allpro as they seem to be middle ground and not over the time with the flares. One reason I am thinking of going that route is I want to run 35" tires with a 3" lift. Yes it can be done (read up on here and on TTORA) with the pre-runner fenders, wheel spacers and some more inner fender mods. It looks pretty bad ass. At that point I will probably regear the front/rear as well.

Extended brake lines (Just need installed)
ARB Rear Locker + Onboard Air (by end of November)
Leer or A.R.E. canopy (by end of December)
Armored front winch bumper and armored rear swing away (by end of February)

Sometime next year:
Spidertrax wheel spacers
Allpro fiberglass pre-runner fenders
35" tires
Regear front/rear diff
FJ 6spd transfer case
Regear transmission (better 6th gear)

I figure at that point I will be done with my full blown bad ass expedition rig. I still havent decided if I am going to lock the front end. Everything I have read says the CV joints cant handle it. Tell me your guys opinions on everything.
=O I love your truck I want mine to be a little like yours, oh and do u have a sound system yet?
Old 10-05-2011, 06:55 AM   #40
Ivan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ivan
Ivan's Tacoma Gallery
Good luck with your build, you got quite a project ahead of you