R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

My next round of mods...

Old 10-05-2011, 10:44 AM   #41
I miss my Taco
Zombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Zombie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfTacomas View Post
=O I love your truck I want mine to be a little like yours, oh and do u have a sound system yet?
No he doesn't. He's just got the JBL stereo. And whats with people from out of state posting in our state? lol
Old 10-05-2011, 01:26 PM   #43
I am an asshole, deal with it!
extremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Chief Fire Controlman, Phalanx, CG-49, LCC-19, FFG-37, LPWS C-RAM 5-5 ADA A Battery
Name: Turd Furgison
extremachn1's Tacoma Gallery
Nope, no system. Just the stock JBL and honestly I dont need a system. I am perfectly happy with the stock system and it rocks out jsut fine for me. Plus thats less stuff for people to steal from my truck.
Old 10-05-2011, 02:18 PM   #44
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
how much are you planning on cutting chas?
Old 10-05-2011, 08:00 PM   #45
extremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Chief Fire Controlman, Phalanx, CG-49, LCC-19, FFG-37, LPWS C-RAM 5-5 ADA A Battery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97yota4wd View Post
how much are you planning on cutting chas?
I shouldnt have to cut the fire wall but I will have to trim the cab mount and pinch weld down to nothing and with the glass fenders and armored bumper trimmed I should fit jsut fine
Old 10-05-2011, 10:33 PM   #46
G scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Garrett
G scott04's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nofords08 View Post
compressed oxygen!!! haha is a bajillion times faster than compressor set ups!
Patrick you tard its not compressed oxygen lol
Old 10-05-2011, 10:51 PM   #47
Quote:
Originally Posted by G scott04 View Post
Patrick you tard its not compressed oxygen lol
Yes, I have already pointed this out... I will say he threw me for a loop for a minute until I figure out what he was talking about.
Old 10-05-2011, 11:33 PM   #48
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
okay i dont know what it is, i just know why every SCORE chase truck has one

chas didnt mean to get into it with you lol just wanted to point out the advantages
Old 10-06-2011, 12:29 AM   #49
Quote:
okay i dont know what it is, i just know why every SCORE chase truck has one

chas didnt mean to get into it with you lol just wanted to point out the advantages
No worries man. Just a bit of confusion on both our parts. I dont take stuff on the internet to heart and I know you werent trying to get into a pissing match. I do agree with many of your points and for something short term like a chase truck or a short race it would be good but I am looking at a self sustaining expedition rig so onboard air trumps the pony bottle in that case.
Old 10-06-2011, 12:31 AM   #50
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
agreed
Old 10-06-2011, 12:41 AM   #51
G scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Old 10-06-2011, 12:53 AM   #52
See, I am not a dick all the time. Just most of the time like when people run over my motorcycles, shoot rockets or bullets at me, and between the hours of 0200-2245!!!

(thats 2 a.m. until 10:45 pm for all you non military time telling folks)
Old 10-06-2011, 12:56 AM   #53
Ok, I think I have one more mod/repair to make and this one comes first.

Ok, I think I have a hybrid solution for my busted fan shroud/electric fan dilema.

Since I am not doing this for power or milage but rather for cooling while 4 wheeling and under heavy load boosted applications I am going to replace the fan shroud and keep the mechanical fan and clutch. I found a shroud for $100 and I should be able to install it myself. That will take care of the every day driving. Then I am going to install 2 smaller pusher fans on the front of my intercooler/condesor/radiator stack. These fans will be hooked to a manual switch that can be turned on in high load situations where normal cooling isnt good enough. I.E. 4 wheeling in arizona in the middle of summer or towing my boat/trailer through the mountains or something that causes my engine to run hot like that. That should provide enough additional cooling and give a back up to each other that way if I lose one or the other I am not stranded.
Old 10-06-2011, 12:57 AM   #54
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremachn1 View Post
Ok, I think I have one more mod/repair to make and this one comes first.

Ok, I think I have a hybrid solution for my busted fan shroud/electric fan dilema.

Since I am not doing this for power or milage but rather for cooling while 4 wheeling and under heavy load boosted applications I am going to replace the fan shroud and keep the mechanical fan and clutch. I found a shroud for $100 and I should be able to install it myself. That will take care of the every day driving. Then I am going to install 2 smaller pusher fans on the front of my intercooler/condesor/radiator stack. These fans will be hooked to a manual switch that can be turned on in high load situations where normal cooling isnt good enough. I.E. 4 wheeling in arizona in the middle of summer or towing my boat/trailer through the mountains or something that causes my engine to run hot like that. That should provide enough additional cooling and give a back up to each other that way if I lose one or the other I am not stranded.
this is what i always planned on doing, what brand have you looked at?

i was checking out the lincon mark ones i think is the name?
Old 10-06-2011, 01:55 AM   #55
Quote:
this is what i always planned on doing, what brand have you looked at?

i was checking out the lincon mark ones i think is the name?
Actually your thinking of the fans OUT of the Lincon MkI car. I read a few posts on that. I was going to do some measuring this weekend and look at those as well as the flex-a-lite fans.
Old 10-06-2011, 02:30 AM   #56
Okay I wasn't sure what they were I just remember reading a little about them
Old 10-06-2011, 02:32 AM   #57
Old 10-06-2011, 04:23 AM   #58
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremachn1 View Post
I shouldnt have to cut the fire wall but I will have to trim the cab mount and pinch weld down to nothing and with the glass fenders and armored bumper trimmed I should fit jsut fine

patrick rubs at full bump/lock with 6 inch lift, and 35s, oh and he has his coilovers cranked up an extra inch. so thats a total of 7 inches of lift.

(according to a thread i just read regarding 35s)

almost everyone rubs offroad with 35s and a 6 inch lift.
im fairly positive that you are going to need to trim the firewall.....
Old 10-06-2011, 04:37 AM   #59
Banned
just to show you..... this guy has the total chaos long travel kit, (4 inches of lift), fiberglass fenders, and he isnt running spacers (smaller turning radious= less rub.

without trimming-

you can see where he plans on cutting to make them fit....

now cutting time

now patchin em up

and this is everything that was cut off.... its not just plastic, and his turning radious is smaller, and sticks out more than yours will be and he had to trim that much and they barely fit.

after trimming

35s will look bad ass, but your going to have to cut like a mofo.

but... can i help you? lol
just want to make sure you know what your getting into before you try to do it

Old 10-06-2011, 08:41 AM   #60
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97yota4wd View Post
just to show you..... this guy has the total chaos long travel kit, (4 inches of lift), fiberglass fenders, and he isnt running spacers (smaller turning radious= less rub.

without trimming-

you can see where he plans on cutting to make them fit....

now cutting time

now patchin em up

and this is everything that was cut off.... its not just plastic, and his turning radious is smaller, and sticks out more than yours will be and he had to trim that much and they barely fit.

after trimming

35s will look bad ass, but your going to have to cut like a mofo.

but... can i help you? lol
just want to make sure you know what your getting into before you try to do it

Dont know how much that matters but he is a 1st gen. I will post up a couple guys who have done the mod I am going with and none of them cut the firewall I believe. Its going to be a trial and error thing. I am definatly not under the illusion I will just put glass fenders and 35's on and all will be happy and perfect.