R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

My next round of mods...

Old 10-02-2011, 05:53 PM   #1
I am an asshole, deal with it!
extremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Chief Fire Controlman, Phalanx, CG-49, LCC-19, FFG-37, LPWS C-RAM 5-5 ADA A Battery
Name: Turd Furgison
extremachn1's Tacoma Gallery
My next round of mods...

So here is what I have planned for my next set of mods... Tell me what you think of this. Most of its pretty straight forward although I have fallen in love with the look of a mid travel suspension with fiberglass pre-runner fenders. I like the allpro as they seem to be middle ground and not over the time with the flares. One reason I am thinking of going that route is I want to run 35" tires with a 3" lift. Yes it can be done (read up on here and on TTORA) with the pre-runner fenders, wheel spacers and some more inner fender mods. It looks pretty bad ass. At that point I will probably regear the front/rear as well.

Extended brake lines (Just need installed)
ARB Rear Locker + Onboard Air (by end of November)
Leer or A.R.E. canopy (by end of December)
Armored front winch bumper and armored rear swing away (by end of February)

Sometime next year:
Spidertrax wheel spacers
Allpro fiberglass pre-runner fenders
35" tires
Regear front/rear diff
FJ 6spd transfer case
Regear transmission (better 6th gear)

I figure at that point I will be done with my full blown bad ass expedition rig. I still havent decided if I am going to lock the front end. Everything I have read says the CV joints cant handle it. Tell me your guys opinions on everything.
Old 10-02-2011, 07:56 PM   #2
I miss my Taco
Zombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Zombie's Tacoma Gallery
Dick.
Old 10-02-2011, 10:31 PM   #4
extremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Chief Fire Controlman, Phalanx, CG-49, LCC-19, FFG-37, LPWS C-RAM 5-5 ADA A Battery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0uTkAsT View Post
So... are you selling your 33" Fierce tires? 'Cause, I know "someone" in the market... Just sayin'
Eventually I will be.. But not until next year. I have a lot to do until them.
Old 10-02-2011, 10:32 PM   #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
Dick.
C'mon Will, you know you live vicariously through my truck...
Old 10-02-2011, 10:51 PM   #6
This is the look I am going for, just with an armored bumper instead of tube and a full canopy. This is Precoma's truck and I love the way it looks.

Here is another one in his gallery...
Old 10-02-2011, 10:57 PM   #7
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
you should look into co2
Old 10-02-2011, 11:01 PM   #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by nofords08 View Post
you should look into co2
CO2? Is that a member, a company, what?
Old 10-02-2011, 11:02 PM   #9
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
compressed oxygen!!! haha is a bajillion times faster than compressor set ups!
Old 10-02-2011, 11:11 PM   #10
Quote:
compressed oxygen!!! haha is a bajillion times faster than compressor set ups!
Why would I run compressed oxygen? 1 its expensive, 2 its a fire hazard, 3 there is no advantage of running higher levels of oxygen, 4 why do I want faster?
Do you mean compressed nitrogen? Again, no advantage. My onboard air system will have a tank onboard and the compressor will be to fill the tank. Then I can run air tools, fill tires, etc.
Old 10-02-2011, 11:12 PM   #11
its like 10 bucks to fill up a tank, its not dangerous, it will operate your lockers, and no air set up competes with co2 for speed in filling tires.
Old 10-02-2011, 11:19 PM   #12
Ok first off, Co2 is not compressed oxygen, its Carbon Dioxide. Basically what you exhale when you breath. Co2 for the most part is not dangerous (until you breath it as it will displace oxygen and you suffocate). Higher levels of 02 (oxygen) does get dangerous as if exposed to an open flame that flame now because a super heated blow torch.

Then you run into the issue of having to go and having it filled, and I can fill a compressed air tank to just as high of a PSI if I get the right tank and feel the need. Once your empty your empty. I am not worried about the extra few minutes it takes to fill my tires. An onboard air system is enough to set a bead and if not, I know how to to do the starting fluid and lighter trick.

Again, for me it there is no real benefit.
Old 10-02-2011, 11:23 PM   #13
on another note hop on the all pro group buy for your front bumper!
Old 10-02-2011, 11:24 PM   #14
Quote:
on another note hop on the all pro group buy for your front bumper!
I am not going with Allpro for my bumpers. I am going to go with CBI or Relentless Fab as they have rear swing aways and I can get a deal if I order both.
Old 10-02-2011, 11:26 PM   #15
cbi's are my favorite, good looking bumper.
Old 10-03-2011, 05:05 AM   #16
RINZLER
T4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Stefen
T4C0CH40S's Tacoma Gallery
My wallet already hates TW.....now it hates you Chas! lol but yea precomas truck is beast! i love those fenders regardless of what anyone else thinks! im still set on gettin the SC first, but the fenders, bumpers and possible mid-travel will come soon
Old 10-03-2011, 06:08 AM   #17
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
the second truck you posted after precomas looks like it has LT, the LCAs dont look stock. just an FYI, i say with 35s and spacers it should look good. but i would go with the all pro 2 inch buldge, dont go with bigger if your not gonna LT it
Old 10-04-2011, 11:31 AM   #18
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
^^Agreed, allpro with 35/12.5s and spacers would look good! I've thought about that myself as my 285s still rub at times!
Old 10-04-2011, 12:29 PM   #19
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
nice choices man, though a caution on glass... your tires will kick rocks and debris to the inside of them and the paint will spider. Ask Alex lol... though you can help prevent it y using truck bed liner or such on the inner side. Also spacers aren't needed if you get different rims with a proper offset, but otherwise ya, go with the spiders or allpro spacers for sure. Also, might I recommend adding a winch to go on that list with your badass soon to be new front bumper?
Old 10-04-2011, 12:31 PM   #20
35's are a big tire on our trucks lol