R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

How many tacoma owners do Track days

Old 10-10-2011, 05:33 PM   #21
OH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0uTkAsT View Post
Since when did they allow trucks to race? When I was doing ASA and PAS at Firebird a few years ago no trucks were allowed on the track. I know for a fact SCCA still has that rule, but PAS may have changed since then.
Not "Racing" High performance driver training!
Proautosports does monthly events and you can pretty much bring any car out.
Beginer or first time drivers sit in a class and then go out with instructors for their first session.
There are higher levels and different rules as you progress after they OK it.

http://www.proautosports.com/
Old 10-10-2011, 05:39 PM   #22
azn sensation is on a distinguished road
azn sensation's Tacoma Gallery
I do TD's but I live in SoCal. We have a few good tracks in here, favorite has to be Chuckwalla Valley Raceway. A couple years old and super smooth, great transitions. Its off the I-10 if driving from your area. I also just bought a '12 tacoma access cab and looking forward to loading the bike out back. Otherwise here's my weapon of choice.

Current:

Old 10-10-2011, 05:54 PM   #23
Cbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: sebastian
Cbass38's Tacoma Gallery
If anyone ever wants to go I'm down.whochever track.its always nice to split fuel.and id be happy to help and give tips
Old 10-10-2011, 08:28 PM   #24
I am an asshole, deal with it!
extremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Chief Fire Controlman, Phalanx, CG-49, LCC-19, FFG-37, LPWS C-RAM 5-5 ADA A Battery
Name: Turd Furgison
extremachn1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbass38 View Post
If anyone ever wants to go I'm down.whochever track.its always nice to split fuel.and id be happy to help and give tips
Yea, I am definatly up for it. I need a few bits for my 999S like sliders and such but I already have full race fairings for it. I also need to get my leathers down from my home in Washington state (God I hope I still fit them. I might need to go on a crash diet. No pun intended). As I spend more time down here in Arizona I want get into riding more. I am down to hit any track including all the way up to Utah (wont happen until next year now due to winter), vegas, and others.

AZN, that is a sharp looking CBR.

Cbass, I used to "RE-IMPORT" new parts to Japan through the USPS/Military mail when I lived in Japan and sell them as a discount to the Japanese racers. Aftermarket rims cost $8000 for the Japanese, I can get them for 3-4k and I sell them at $6500, same for exhausts MADE IN JAPAN, Ohlins suspension, etc... That and bouncing at a hip hop club was how I payed for my racing and track days in Japan. It was easy to drop $1500-2500 for 2 days on the track, tires, tolls, gas, etc depending on which track it was.
Old 10-10-2011, 08:44 PM   #25
onesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
onesixseven's Tacoma Gallery
DIFFERENT KIND OF TRACK...
Old 10-10-2011, 08:45 PM   #26
congicus is on a distinguished road

Name: mike
congicus's Tacoma Gallery
ha ha I am glade we have some TW racers
Old 10-10-2011, 08:48 PM   #27

Quote:
Holy shit how'd I miss this . I race with asma.inwas a control rider for ti2tt... Im an expert racer... Umm. Ya. I wanna do amp,I'll need ny stock exhaust. I race a 07 gixzer 600 with a 08 motor,fill ohlins.. All the good stuff. I do custom paint on bikes to pay for my track addiction. I ride arroyo mostly cause its cheapest and the owners my buddy .
Hay so whats the deal with TI2TT, I have done all my track days with them but I haven't heard much of whats going on for next season, will they becoming out to INDE next year
Old 10-10-2011, 08:57 PM   #28
onesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
onesixseven's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by congicus View Post
ha ha I am glade we have some TW racers
oh yes. wish i could get some to come with me to the races though
Old 10-10-2011, 09:07 PM   #29
extremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Chief Fire Controlman, Phalanx, CG-49, LCC-19, FFG-37, LPWS C-RAM 5-5 ADA A Battery
Quote:
Originally Posted by onesixseven View Post
oh yes. wish i could get some to come with me to the races though
Roadracing dosent scare me one bit, but the thought of crashing while doing MX scares the living daylights out of me. A bad day on a roadrace course is a high side with a bad concussion and a broken collerbone, a bad day on a MX track is both legs shattered into 47 pieces or face broken into 19 pieces.. UGH, I love watching but I jsut cant do it. I tried but jsut cant. LoL Much respect to you man.
Old 10-10-2011, 10:51 PM   #30
Gun Toting Gearhead
0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
0uTkAsT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OH-MAN View Post
Not "Racing" High performance driver training!
Proautosports does monthly events and you can pretty much bring any car out.
Beginer or first time drivers sit in a class and then go out with instructors for their first session.
There are higher levels and different rules as you progress after they OK it.

http://www.proautosports.com/
Yes, I know exactly what PAS is, and it isn't just training, they also have open and closed wheel ASA sanctioned races, Stock Miata, and Stock Mustang. I ran PS1 White Group for two seasons. At the time, any trucks and SUVs were specifically excluded from being allowed on the track, but I just read through the current rulebook and see that they're no longer mentioned as exclusions. Awesome.

These were all taken at a PAS qualifying event at Firebird West in November 2007 when my soon-to-be race car was mostly stock. I don't have any of the later pictures from my racing days because the hard drive that had all my pictures crashed These just happened to be on my Facebook, so they're all I have left of my racing pictures

The car was a 2004 MazdaSpeed MX-5 that eventually put down 228.8 rwhp with the factory turbo, pulled 1.18 g's, and tipped the scales at 2,342 lbs wet. I daily drove it for about six months gutted and caged with no A/C or radio, and everyone made fun of the "Barbie car". I just told them I was secure enough in my manhood to drive it, which they believed until they saw it shit on Vipers and the then-brand-new C6 Z06 Corvettes on a road course, at which time they realized it didn't take a whole lot of self esteem to drive around after all.
Old 10-11-2011, 07:26 AM   #31
OH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
Yep that is the group.
I think I have some shots here somewhere,

Yes I am passing the vette!
Attached Thumbnails
How many tacoma owners do Track days-firebird-east-smaller-3.jpg   How many tacoma owners do Track days-firebird-east-smaller-4.jpg   How many tacoma owners do Track days-firebird-east-smaller-8.jpg   How many tacoma owners do Track days-firebird-east-smaller-7.jpg  
Old 10-11-2011, 07:30 AM   #32
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
Couple more,
Little fun in the farm truck.
I really like the Main track where HP and a 5000 Lb truck works best.
Best straight away speed 140 before the big left sweeper!

The west track kicks my butt with all the tight turns.
Attached Thumbnails
How many tacoma owners do Track days-steve-4.jpg   How many tacoma owners do Track days-steve-2a.jpg   How many tacoma owners do Track days-steve-1a.jpg   How many tacoma owners do Track days-steve-5.jpg  
Old 10-11-2011, 07:45 AM   #33
Cbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Cbass38's Tacoma Gallery
I was told ti2tt closed down in az due to lack of participation. They weren't making any money. Excel took over trackdays out there from what I've read
Old 10-11-2011, 03:39 PM   #34

Quote:
I was told ti2tt closed down in az due to lack of participation. They weren't making any money. Excel took over trackdays out there from what I've read
I see Thanks
Old 10-12-2011, 10:27 AM   #35
GTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shed

GTABurnout's Tacoma Gallery
I used to do the street bike track days,

whoops...

And my girl...

Now I stick with the car track stuff...

Old 10-13-2011, 10:10 AM   #36
Cbass38's Tacoma Gallery
hey GTA.. Are u stalking me ? Third forum I've run into you lol. Used to have a thirdgen.. I sold U a rear set when u crashed at arroyo lol. Back when I was slow. Im almost in the 10s at arroyo now
Old 10-14-2011, 09:42 AM   #37
GTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shed

GTABurnout's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
hey GTA.. Are u stalking me ? Third forum I've run into you lol. Used to have a thirdgen.. I sold U a rear set when u crashed at arroyo lol. Back when I was slow. Im almost in the 10s at arroyo now
lol..

Yeah I guess so. I go thru a lot of diffrent cars so this happens alot actually. Thanks again for the rear set. One of these days I will fix the bike (sitting almost 3 years after another crash) and head back out.
Old 10-14-2011, 02:55 PM   #38
PatSully has much to be proud ofPatSully has much to be proud ofPatSully has much to be proud ofPatSully has much to be proud ofPatSully has much to be proud ofPatSully has much to be proud ofPatSully has much to be proud ofPatSully has much to be proud of

Name: Pat
PatSully's Tacoma Gallery
anyone going to to be at AMP for the sound test tomorrow morning?
Old 10-14-2011, 03:45 PM   #39
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatSully View Post
anyone going to to be at AMP for the sound test tomorrow morning?
I will be there in spirit, does that count? I am heading off to England but when I get back around Nov 10th we need to schedule a ride together... A TW Arizona motorcycle ride. My 999s will be repaired and out of the shop by then so...
Old 10-14-2011, 04:40 PM   #40
PatSully has much to be proud ofPatSully has much to be proud ofPatSully has much to be proud ofPatSully has much to be proud ofPatSully has much to be proud ofPatSully has much to be proud ofPatSully has much to be proud ofPatSully has much to be proud of

Name: Pat
PatSully's Tacoma Gallery
with a TW moto ride, do i need to put a tacoma sticker on my bike?
or should i just order the devil horns and put them on my windscreen??

have a safe trip Chas!