Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

How many tacoma owners do Track days

Old 10-09-2011, 05:16 PM   #1
congicus is on a distinguished road

Name: mike
congicus's Tacoma Gallery
How many tacoma owners do Track days

I wanted to know how many Tacoma owners in AZ also do track days If so post some pics about you and your bike,,maybe we could have a track day meet,,Some pics of me

1st pic is of my 08 ninja 250r I did my 1st track day 8 months after starting to ride,
2nd is of my r6 track bike I built
Attached Thumbnails
How many tacoma owners do Track days-img_3739.jpg   How many tacoma owners do Track days-014.jpg   How many tacoma owners do Track days-935-2-.jpg  
Old 10-09-2011, 05:45 PM   #2
I am an asshole, deal with it!
extremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Chief Fire Controlman, Phalanx, CG-49, LCC-19, FFG-37, LPWS C-RAM 5-5 ADA A Battery
Name: Turd Furgison
extremachn1's Tacoma Gallery
DUDE, I am so up for it... Unfortunatly its been 5 years since I was on the track but I still have leathers and I got full race bodywork for my 999s.

Here is the last time I was on the track back in 2008 on my GSXR at Pacific Raceways. I had not been on the track or raced in 3 years before that. The bike was not set up correctly and I could not get comfortable on the bike. I was amazed at how slow I was.

Here is me practicing practicing for the 2004 Motegi Twin Rings 7 hour endurance race while I was living in Japan.

The last shot is us trying to figure out what was wrong with the bike before we threw in the towel 5 hours into the race. Transmission came apart. Wouldnt shift but wouldnt go into any gear either.

Here I am, showing my game face!!!
Old 10-09-2011, 06:08 PM   #3

We are lucky in az to have this track http://www.indemotorsports.com/site/
we have a few diff groups that go out like http://ti2tt.com/ti/ti2tt/index.html and http://www.xceltrackdays.com/.
Cool pics
Old 10-09-2011, 06:09 PM   #4

WoW you raced at Motegi Twin Rings that is just bad ass,,I have only been to inde but I have only been riding for 2 years and only have 6 track days so fare
Old 10-09-2011, 06:28 PM   #5
extremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Chief Fire Controlman, Phalanx, CG-49, LCC-19, FFG-37, LPWS C-RAM 5-5 ADA A Battery
Quote:
Originally Posted by congicus View Post
WoW you raced at Motegi Twin Rings that is just bad ass,,I have only been to inde but I have only been riding for 2 years and only have 6 track days so fare
I actually crashed twice at Motegi, once at Fuji, and once at Tsukuba. Fuji, Tsukuba, and 1 Motegi crash were all low speed low sides or the front end tucking under breaking. One of my Motegi crashes was high speed coming out of turn 4 rolling on to WOT in 3rd gear. We were pushing the tires to the breaking point seeing how long they would last. It was the newly released Michelin H2 tire. We were running the hard instead of the soft because of the endurance race. We had 5 hours on it and coming out of that turn is just stepped out as I rolled on the throttle and slid away from me. I slid for about 20 yards and then my foot caught and I launched into the are and all I saw was GROUND, SKY, GROUND, SKY, GROUND, SKY... I walked away with a concusion and 2 fractured bones in my left hand. I obliterated the carbon fiber knuckles in the glove but they at least took 90% of the impact as I cartwheeled down the track.

I raced and/or done track days at the following tracks:
JAPAN
Motegi Twin Rings
Fuji Raceway (Version 2 and Version 3. 3 is the most recent configuration)
Tsukuba Raceway
Suzuka Raceway
Autopolis
Ebisu raceway
Sendai Hi-land (Its no more after the Tsunami, I lost my mechanic in it).
Sportsland Sugo

US
Pacific Raceways (Formally Seattle International Raceways)
Portland International Raceway
Spokane International Raceways
PSSR (newer track a couple hours east of Portland)
Willow Springs

MALAYSIA
Sepang raceways (rented a bike for a track day while on vacation)

All the ones in Japan I raced on as well as just did track days. The ones in the US and Malaysia were just open track days.

The sad part is I have ridden so little over the past 5 years because of work and deployments to Iraq and Afghanistan that I will be going back into the slow group until I get comfortable again.
Old 10-09-2011, 06:39 PM   #6

That is just down right amazing to me,,, I always wanted to do an open race day at the nurburgring. I see you have a bit of a collection of bikes very nice,Atm I have a 03 R1 and a 08 ZX6R
Old 10-09-2011, 06:45 PM   #7
Quote:
That is just down right amazing to me,,, I always wanted to do an open race day at the nurburgring. I see you have a bit of a collection of bikes very nice,Atm I have a 03 R1 and a 08 ZX6R
Yea, I was bitten by the Euro bike bug while in Japan. They have a Ducati only series and a MV Agusta only series and I used to watch them blast by.

The bad thing about my bikes is I am afraid to push them to the edge because they are expensive to fix/replace. Its not about what you ride, its about how you ride it.
Old 10-09-2011, 07:41 PM   #9

Right on Outkast I did scca solo2 a lot when I was younger, in California,Colorado and Texas. nothing to modded but it was blast
Old 10-09-2011, 07:47 PM   #10
Josh, since you have trackside appearance will you be my umbrella girl??? Ok, what about helping out at the track when I hit up Firebird???
Old 10-09-2011, 10:36 PM   #11
PatSully has much to be proud ofPatSully has much to be proud ofPatSully has much to be proud ofPatSully has much to be proud ofPatSully has much to be proud ofPatSully has much to be proud ofPatSully has much to be proud ofPatSully has much to be proud of

Name: Pat
PatSully's Tacoma Gallery
i will be at AMP for the sound test certification.
i dont think i will pass, but its worth a shot since its free!

http://www.aztracktime.com/
Old 10-09-2011, 11:00 PM   #12
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatSully View Post

Um, what is this sound test certification you speak of? Are there sound restrictions at AMP??? Damn, I doubt my 999s with Termognini's would pass so I guess I will not be going there any time soon.
Old 10-09-2011, 11:42 PM   #13
G scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Garrett
G scott04's Tacoma Gallery
If someone will let me ride a bike ill do it
Old 10-10-2011, 12:28 AM   #14
I miss my Taco
Zombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Zombie's Tacoma Gallery
Damn Chas, you were even uglier when you were younger.
Old 10-10-2011, 08:35 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatSully View Post

Ha Ha thanks for posting this I had no idea this track existed I will have to make it out to this one Thanks
Old 10-10-2011, 09:08 AM   #16
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
I've never done a track day but I'd love to. I don't ride bikes though, but when I do finish my 280Z I will be wanting to take it to some autocross runs and such...

Same pic I've posted before lol..

Old 10-10-2011, 02:24 PM   #17
OH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
Not with a scooter but I have run many a Proautosport event at Firebird in my OTHER truck.
Have not attended this year but I may get the bug here soon.
Old 10-10-2011, 05:16 PM   #18
Gun Toting Gearhead
0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
0uTkAsT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OH-MAN View Post
Not with a scooter but I have run many a Proautosport event at Firebird in my OTHER truck.
Have not attended this year but I may get the bug here soon.
Since when did they allow trucks to race? When I was doing ASA and PAS at Firebird a few years ago no trucks were allowed on the track. I know for a fact SCCA still has that rule, but PAS may have changed since then.
Old 10-10-2011, 05:27 PM   #19
Cbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: sebastian
Cbass38's Tacoma Gallery
Holy shit how'd I miss this . I race with asma.inwas a control rider for ti2tt... Im an expert racer... Umm. Ya. I wanna do amp,I'll need ny stock exhaust. I race a 07 gixzer 600 with a 08 motor,fill ohlins.. All the good stuff. I do custom paint on bikes to pay for my track addiction. I ride arroyo mostly cause its cheapest and the owners my buddy .
Old 10-10-2011, 05:32 PM   #20
PatSully has much to be proud ofPatSully has much to be proud ofPatSully has much to be proud ofPatSully has much to be proud ofPatSully has much to be proud ofPatSully has much to be proud ofPatSully has much to be proud ofPatSully has much to be proud of

Name: Pat
PatSully's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ha Ha thanks for posting this I had no idea this track existed I will have to make it out to this one Thanks
sure thing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremachn1 View Post
Um, what is this sound test certification you speak of? Are there sound restrictions at AMP??? Damn, I doubt my 999s with Termognini's would pass so I guess I will not be going there any time soon.
they do have sound requirements, somethinglike 96 db or so due to the neighborhood folks compaining. they got shut down after a few events a few years ago due to noise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbass38 View Post
Holy shit how'd I miss this . I race with asma.inwas a control rider for ti2tt... Im an expert racer... Umm. Ya. I wanna do amp,I'll need ny stock exhaust. I race a 07 gixzer 600 with a 08 motor,fill ohlins.. All the good stuff. I do custom paint on bikes to pay for my track addiction. I ride arroyo mostly cause its cheapest and the owners my buddy .
i cant wait to get to arroyo, hopefully next season...