R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

So the Taco is gone...

Old 10-25-2011, 06:20 AM   #1
I miss my Taco
Zombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Zombie's Tacoma Gallery
So the Taco is gone...

Sadly the Tacoma was costing me too much too keep, so me and the wife decided to go shopping. We actually went to a Kia dealership to check out the SOUL. Its not exactly bad, but I just could like it enough to buy it. But they did just get a Honda Element SC in on a trade. We test drove it, and we both fell in love with it. Its weird, its fun to drive, and the stock stereo sounds amazing.

Old 10-25-2011, 06:23 AM   #2
Come and take them.
bendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ben
bendbolden's Tacoma Gallery
LT it!
Old 10-25-2011, 06:32 AM   #3
jrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jared
jrdbrn's Tacoma Gallery
I apologize for your losses.
Old 10-25-2011, 06:36 AM   #4
Come and take them.
bendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ben
bendbolden's Tacoma Gallery
I like it more than I would the soul though. I don't know anything about Kia's but they had a buy one get one free promotion on the radio one day so it sound's like they aren't selling well. Start saving for another Tacoma now!
Old 10-25-2011, 06:38 AM   #5
Big things have small beginnings
staticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Commo: You can talk about us, but you can't talk without us!
Name: Steve
staticsquelch's Tacoma Gallery

Hope she goes to a good owner.
Old 10-25-2011, 06:56 AM   #6
I'm Not Your F***ing Brother
Paul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Paul's TRD's Tacoma Gallery
A Honda Element was our very first New car purchase back in 2003 and we loved the car. We did a lot of cycling and mountain biking back then and that Element was the perfect fit for all that stuff. Very versatile car. We ended up trading that in for a new 2007 Lexus IS250. I've always owned trucks so it wasn't that big of a trade off going from a small SUV or whatever they consider to a car(sedan). I know you will really enjoy the Element.
Old 10-25-2011, 07:00 AM   #7
I am an asshole, deal with it!
extremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Chief Fire Controlman, Phalanx, CG-49, LCC-19, FFG-37, LPWS C-RAM 5-5 ADA A Battery
Name: Turd Furgison
extremachn1's Tacoma Gallery
At least its not a Can-Am Spider... Can I use the hood to flex out my suspension?
Old 10-25-2011, 07:03 AM   #8
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
The Honda Element is an awesome car! I don't have one myself but my friend does and that car is VERY versatile. One of the very few cars that you can just put bicycles in without taking the front wheel off or having to strategically figure out how to put them in.

The fun part is being able to just clean out the interior with a hose and pull the drain plugs!
Old 10-25-2011, 07:17 AM   #9
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by babytruck View Post
The Honda Element is an awesome car! I don't have one myself but my friend does and that car is VERY versatile. One of the very few cars that you can just put bicycles in without taking the front wheel off or having to strategically figure out how to put them in.

The fun part is being able to just clean out the interior with a hose and pull the drain plugs!
I gave one of my buddies crap for buying one and he admitted it was an ugly car but said the same thing about the versitility. He then proceeded to lay into me about how I can't use a hose to wash out my truck's interior... haven't spoken to him since
Old 10-25-2011, 07:21 AM   #10
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
Mehh....Just tell him the FJ's interior can have a hose taken to it. And that the FJ can also go off road.
Old 10-25-2011, 11:28 AM   #11
I am an asshole, deal with it!
extremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Chief Fire Controlman, Phalanx, CG-49, LCC-19, FFG-37, LPWS C-RAM 5-5 ADA A Battery
Name: Turd Furgison
extremachn1's Tacoma Gallery
So does the SC stand for SuperCharged?
Old 10-25-2011, 11:34 AM   #12
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by babytruck View Post
Mehh....Just tell him the FJ's interior can have a hose taken to it. And that the FJ can also go off road.
But I'd have to talk to him again to tell him that...
Old 10-25-2011, 11:39 AM   #13
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I like it more than I would the soul though. I don't know anything about Kia's but they had a buy one get one free promotion on the radio one day so it sound's like they aren't selling well. Start saving for another Tacoma now!
Actually, Hyundai/Kia vehicles are selling extremely well and offer alot for the money. I really like the new Sportage.
Old 10-25-2011, 11:42 AM   #14

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexterdog View Post
Actually, Hyundai/Kia vehicles are selling extremely well and offer alot for the money. I really like the new Sportage.
Have you ever owned a KIA? They have great warranties and are cheap but things start falling apart in a couple years. Its usually stupid stuff but turns into an annoyance. I would definitely consider Hyundai though, they seem to have a great record and everyone I know who has one loves it.
Old 10-25-2011, 12:11 PM   #16
︻╦╤─
Doc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: HM1 (FMF/SW/AW)
Name: Frank
Doc.SS's Tacoma Gallery
the blasphemy runs deep in this one..!!
Old 10-25-2011, 12:16 PM   #17
Big things have small beginnings
staticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Commo: You can talk about us, but you can't talk without us!
Name: Steve
staticsquelch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc.SS View Post
the blasphemy runs deep in this one..!!

Yeah, agreed. Personally, I would never own a Hyundai or Kia. Hyundai rubbed me wrong when they tried to compare themselves to Mercedes-Benz..... not likely. Let's put a Hyundai on the autobahn and see if it keeps up.
Old 10-25-2011, 02:31 PM   #18
I miss my Taco
Zombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Zombie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremachn1 View Post
So does the SC stand for SuperCharged?

I wish it did... I loved my Tacoma, but I was needing to rebuild the trans, and it had a few other problems. It just wasn't worth me making payments on.
Old 10-25-2011, 02:40 PM   #19
creeper has much to be proud ofcreeper has much to be proud ofcreeper has much to be proud ofcreeper has much to be proud ofcreeper has much to be proud ofcreeper has much to be proud ofcreeper has much to be proud ofcreeper has much to be proud ofcreeper has much to be proud of
creeper's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
I wish it did... I loved my Tacoma, but I was needing to rebuild the trans, and it had a few other problems. It just wasn't worth me making payments on.
You said the dealer was replacing it under warranty, what happened to that?
Old 10-25-2011, 05:36 PM   #20
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Have you ever owned a KIA? They have great warranties and are cheap but things start falling apart in a couple years. Its usually stupid stuff but turns into an annoyance. I would definitely consider Hyundai though, they seem to have a great record and everyone I know who has one loves it.
Hyundai and Kia share the same platform. I have heard nothing but good come from both brands as of late. Now if you're talking about vehicles from both manufacturers a couple of years ago then I would agree. The great warranty was needed.