R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

Anyone local an FFL?

Old 10-27-2011, 03:43 PM   #1
TheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: Seth
TheGloryFades's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone local an FFL?

Anyone on here an FFL? My girlfriend needs a gun transferred into her name. Nothing sketchy just need it out of her moms name.
Old 10-29-2011, 03:26 PM   #2
azgunrunner will become famous soon enoughazgunrunner will become famous soon enough

Law Enforcement: Former LEO
Name: George
azgunrunner's Tacoma Gallery
I'm a FFL holder.. I'm up in the NW part of town.. Drop me a note and let me know what you need.
Old 10-29-2011, 08:01 PM   #3
Morto un papa, se ne fa un'altro
motorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: EOD TEU1, MU 8, BUD/s 225, MA 9545
Name: Jason
motorsport36's Tacoma Gallery
^would this be open to all members?
Old 10-29-2011, 08:03 PM   #4
mentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
mentose457's Tacoma Gallery
Old 10-30-2011, 02:22 AM   #5
TheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
No she just wants it transferred into her name and realistically you just sign a paper granting ownership but she wants it "on the books"
Old 10-30-2011, 03:23 AM   #6
Custom User Title
Zac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: CSAR
Name: Zac
Zac808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGloryFades View Post
No she just wants it transferred into her name and realistically you just sign a paper granting ownership but she wants it "on the books"

Can't you just go to the police station and do that?
Old 10-30-2011, 10:08 AM   #7
Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zac808 View Post
No idea that's why I put the thread up
Old 10-30-2011, 10:10 AM   #8
Self Proclaimed first gen expert :doh:
Greensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Greensystemsgo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
as far as i know you need an ffl buddy. Friend of mine had his boss do it for me when i ordered mine, but i bought it from out of state. As for a transfer im not to sure.
Old 10-30-2011, 12:23 PM   #9
azgunrunner will become famous soon enoughazgunrunner will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorsport36 View Post
^would this be open to all members?

Sure... I'm open to helping out if i can.... But know that if you have a firearm transferred through me, I'm going to finger fuck it before you come get it! heheheeheh
Old 10-30-2011, 12:24 PM   #10

Quote:

Negative, AZ doesn't have a firearms registry (Thank god!). This is a civil matter, the police won't touch it. much like if some jackweed was to back into your taco in the parking lot of taco bell or something.
Old 10-30-2011, 12:24 PM   #11
I am an asshole, deal with it!
extremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Chief Fire Controlman, Phalanx, CG-49, LCC-19, FFG-37, LPWS C-RAM 5-5 ADA A Battery
Name: Turd Furgison
extremachn1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by azgunrunner View Post
Sure... I'm open to helping out if i can.... But know that if you have a firearm transferred through me, I'm going to finger fuck it before you come get it! heheheeheh
Are you talking about his gun or his girl??? LMAO.. J/K So is there a requirement to register your pistol in Arizona??
Old 10-30-2011, 12:36 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremachn1 View Post
Are you talking about his gun or his girl??? LMAO.. J/K So is there a requirement to register your pistol in Arizona??

LOL... Ummmm... I'm not going to comment on that, because his girl is about to become a well armed girl!

No there is not a registration requirement in AZ for any firearms. What his GF's mom is wanting to do is to shed all legal liabilities. So basically when her mom bought the pistol the first time, she filled out a 4473 that basically logs the pistol into her mom's name (as far as ATF is concerned).

In AZ she could gift that pistol to anyone she wishes as long as that person was not a convicted felon or a prohibited person (certified whack job, illegal alien, convicted of domestic violence, etc...). HOWEVER let's say she gifts that pistol to her daughter and the daughter whacks someone and dumps the gun... That gun will get traced back to her mom.

So by her mom wanting to transfer it to her daughter via a FFL deal, it "technically" legally washes it off her hands and into the hands of her daughter because the dealer is now responsible to ensure that the daughter can pass the BG check.

The feds would still contact her mom if something came up with the pistol as part of following the paper trail but she would be able to show that she was no longer the owner of the pistol.

Confused yet? hehehe
Old 10-30-2011, 12:42 PM   #13
extremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Chief Fire Controlman, Phalanx, CG-49, LCC-19, FFG-37, LPWS C-RAM 5-5 ADA A Battery
Quote:
LOL... Ummmm... I'm not going to comment on that, because his girl is about to become a well armed girl!

No there is not a registration requirement in AZ for any firearms. What his GF's mom is wanting to do is to shed all legal liabilities. So basically when her mom bought the pistol the first time, she filled out a 4473 that basically logs the pistol into her mom's name (as far as ATF is concerned).

In AZ she could gift that pistol to anyone she wishes as long as that person was not a convicted felon or a prohibited person (certified whack job, illegal alien, convicted of domestic violence, etc...). HOWEVER let's say she gifts that pistol to her daughter and the daughter whacks someone and dumps the gun... That gun will get traced back to her mom.

So by her mom wanting to transfer it to her daughter via a FFL deal, it "technically" legally washes it off her hands and into the hands of her daughter because the dealer is now responsible to ensure that the daughter can pass the BG check.

The feds would still contact her mom if something came up with the pistol as part of following the paper trail but she would be able to show that she was no longer the owner of the pistol.

Confused yet? hehehe
Clear as mud, thanks. So is this happening via differant states so it has to be shipped? I would assume if they both lived in Arizona they could just go into a sheriffs office or something correct?
Old 10-30-2011, 12:49 PM   #14

Quote:
Clear as mud, thanks. So is this happening via differant states so it has to be shipped? I would assume if they both lived in Arizona they could just go into a sheriffs office or something correct?

In this case, both parties are in AZ. The police won't touch this because it's a civil matter.

If one of them were in a different state, they would have to go through a FFL because they would be changing ownership.
Old 10-30-2011, 12:53 PM   #15
HUH, interesting. The reason I am asking is because in Wa we would just file it with the local sheriffs although there is no actual requirement for us for private weapons transfers. Just need to keep your info in case a situation like you stated comes up so you can prove you no longer have it.
Old 10-30-2011, 12:58 PM   #16

Quote:
HUH, interesting. The reason I am asking is because in Wa we would just file it with the local sheriffs although there is no actual requirement for us for private weapons transfers. Just need to keep your info in case a situation like you stated comes up so you can prove you no longer have it.

I usually just tell people to write up a sales invoice between the parties. Just document the make, model and SN. Take a photocopy of the driver's license and a phone number. Both parties sign it and it's now a binding contract...
Old 10-30-2011, 01:06 PM   #17
OK, cool. Thanks for all the info. Its nice to know all of this just for future referance.
Old 10-30-2011, 01:19 PM   #18
Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Yea she's a got shot too even with the fucked up triangle sight on her steyr.
Old 10-30-2011, 01:21 PM   #19
Law Enforcement:
Quote:
OK, cool. Thanks for all the info. Its nice to know all of this just for future referance.
Yea no real reason to transfer it really her mom is just sketchy at times so while we're on her mom's good side we want to transfer it so it doesn't get sold ect.
Old 10-30-2011, 01:41 PM   #20
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGloryFades View Post
Yea no real reason to transfer it really her mom is just sketchy at times so while we're on her mom's good side we want to transfer it so it doesn't get sold ect.
Understandable...