R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

help out a recently returned az resident

Old 10-28-2011, 11:20 AM   #1
RAGEAHOLIC
mh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sergeant, 12th MAR HQ BTRY TAP
Name: MAD MIKE
mh.meier's Tacoma Gallery
help out a recently returned az resident

I just recently moved back here from Okinawa Japan and have nothing except my taco and some good intentions. If anyone has a shop or garage that's decently stocked so I can save money and install things myself please let me know. As well as anyone who wants to show me some good trails! The only ones I am familiar with are Mt. Lemmon and silver bell mines. Hook a brother up! I appreciate any help at all.
Old 10-28-2011, 12:00 PM   #2
I am an asshole, deal with it!
extremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Chief Fire Controlman, Phalanx, CG-49, LCC-19, FFG-37, LPWS C-RAM 5-5 ADA A Battery
Name: Turd Furgison
extremachn1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mh.meier View Post
I just recently moved back here from Okinawa Japan and have nothing except my taco and some good intentions. If anyone has a shop or garage that's decently stocked so I can save money and install things myself please let me know. As well as anyone who wants to show me some good trails! The only ones I am familiar with are Mt. Lemmon and silver bell mines. Hook a brother up! I appreciate any help at all.
Welcome back to reality Jar Head from a local Swabbie. I also spent a little time in Okinawa but most of my time was on mainland Japan.

As for doing work, we can do almost anything. Recently we just installed my lift in my truck. There is no real garage for us to work on in Tucson but there is one up in Phoenix. What we did last time was got a group of people together, all went up and started wrenching on trucks. I did a bunch of smaller installs myself in my hotel parking lot (when it was 115 out, ugh).

There are some good 4x4 locations close in Tucson. If your 4x4 we will go up. So far I am the only Tucson guy that is 4x4 and willing to wheel my truck hard. I will be back in about 2 weeks, currently I am out of the US for work.
Old 10-28-2011, 09:52 PM   #3
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremachn1 View Post
Welcome back to reality Jar Head from a local Swabbie. I also spent a little time in Okinawa but most of my time was on mainland Japan.

As for doing work, we can do almost anything. Recently we just installed my lift in my truck. There is no real garage for us to work on in Tucson but there is one up in Phoenix. What we did last time was got a group of people together, all went up and started wrenching on trucks. I did a bunch of smaller installs myself in my hotel parking lot (when it was 115 out, ugh).

There are some good 4x4 locations close in Tucson. If your 4x4 we will go up. So far I am the only Tucson guy that is 4x4 and willing to wheel my truck hard. I will be back in about 2 weeks, currently I am out of the US for work.
Actually I am always willing to go wheel. Only thing preventing me from joining you guys on previous runs was my work schedule which is always rotating and the fact I like to pick up extra shifts whenever I can. The cruising around on flat dirt roads doesn't really do it for me anyways, and I'll wheel it hard once I get my sliders and skids. Truck is almos paid off anyways!

OP - Welcome back. When you need help with something just put a post up and I'm sure it can get done.
Old 10-28-2011, 10:12 PM   #4
TheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: Seth
TheGloryFades's Tacoma Gallery
Screw doing it by yourself wait till a mod day and you'll have it done in no time
Old 10-28-2011, 11:34 PM   #5
I am an asshole, deal with it!
extremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Chief Fire Controlman, Phalanx, CG-49, LCC-19, FFG-37, LPWS C-RAM 5-5 ADA A Battery
Name: Turd Furgison
extremachn1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew H View Post
Actually I am always willing to go wheel. Only thing preventing me from joining you guys on previous runs was my work schedule which is always rotating and the fact I like to pick up extra shifts whenever I can. The cruising around on flat dirt roads doesn't really do it for me anyways, and I'll wheel it hard once I get my sliders and skids. Truck is almos paid off anyways!

OP - Welcome back. When you need help with something just put a post up and I'm sure it can get done.
HAHAHA Andrew, I completly forgot you were in the area.

Agreed OP, no need to spend money on a shop doing most of the mods, we can do most things ourselves.

What kind of mods are you looking to do?
Old 10-29-2011, 02:45 AM   #6
I miss my Taco
Zombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Zombie's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome back, there's is tons of great trails around here.
Old 10-29-2011, 10:54 PM   #7
RAGEAHOLIC
mh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sergeant, 12th MAR HQ BTRY TAP
Name: MAD MIKE
mh.meier's Tacoma Gallery
Chas, Thanks for the heads up. I havent done anything too extreme yet,just some minor exterior mods to give it a slightly less stock look and few interior mods for comfort. I just got some new front suspension upgrades but I was charged 200$ for labor. I man it did take them5 hours to complete it which was insane to begin with. I would like to lift t soon and I would hate to fork over that kind of dough again. I mean its paid off already, no need to pay it off again. And yeah, its 4X4 and I am more than ready to take it out on something more extreme than the back roads haha. Any of you guys can count on me if you want to go wheelin, just give me a heads up.
Old 10-30-2011, 02:24 AM   #8
TheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: Seth
TheGloryFades's Tacoma Gallery
Like we said screw paying bring it to a mod day and get it done free. Unfortunately not on that side of town and my PreRunner isn't up to par yet off-road